SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oug9mHKEGn8

At 32.43, discussion of NK satellites and possible EMP capability

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
How exactly does one shoot down a satellite?

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

With another satellite

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
So on those 120 new Federal judges: if they meet standards of competence and integrity, every one will be confirmed.

God bless you, Harry Reid!!
And of course: God bless you, President Trump!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

With another satellite

I think we need to do that. Then, immediately after that action super-saturate every single square inch of ground north of the 38th parallel with high explosives all at once.

I'm tired of pussy-footing around with this psychopath.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Pry Warns North Korea Planning Secret EMP Attack on US

May 08, 2017
On Sunday Dr. Peter Vincent Pry warned that North Korea may be secretly planning an EMP attack on America

(VERO BEACH, FL) During an interview with Breitbart News’ Aaron Klein the executive director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security and the current chief of staff for the Congressional EMP Commission warned that Kim Jong-un’s regime may be secretly assembling the capability to take out significant parts of the U.S. homeland via an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack delivered by either of the two satellites Pyongyang currently has orbiting the planet.

“During the Cold War, the Russians had a secret weapon they called a fractional orbital bombardment system,” Dr. Pry explained. “And the idea was to do a surprise EMP attack against the United States by disguising a warhead as a satellite. Because a satellite trajectory is different from an ICBM trajectory that is aiming to go into a city. You know, for accuracy on an ICBM you launch it on a lower energy, 45-degree angle that follows a classic ballistic trajectory. Like a rifle. To land your missile on a city.”

“They are positioning themselves as sort of a nuclear missile age, cyberage version of the battleship diplomacy in my view,” Dr. Pry said. “So that they can always have one of them (satellites) very close to being over the United States or over the United States.”

Dr. Pry was referencing North Korea’s KMS 3-2 and KMS-4 “earth observation” satellites launched into orbit in April 2012 and February 2016.

“Then if a crisis comes up and if we decide to attack North Korea, Kim Jong Un can threaten our president and say, ‘Well, don’t do that because we are going to burn your whole country down.’ Which is basically what he said,” Dr. Pry continued. “I mean, he has made threats about turning the United States into ashes and he connected the satellite program to this in public statements to deter us from attacking.”

Dr. Pry also detailed that Russia’s Cold War era plan involved secretly placing a nuclear weapon on a satellite to be a perpetual deterrent in orbit, outside the reach of conventional ground assets.

“So, the idea was to put a nuclear weapon on a satellite. Launch it on a satellite trajectory toward the south so it is also flying away from the United States,” Dr. Pry said. “Orbit it over the South Pole and come up on the other side of the earth so that it approaches us from the south.”

“Because we didn’t during the Cold War and even today we still don’t have ballistic missile early radar warnings looking south. We don’t have any national missile defenses to the south,” Dr. Pry continued. “We are blind and defenseless to the south. We can’t see anything coming from that direction. Then when this gets over the United States you light it off so that it does an EMP attack.”

Regarding North Korea’s current capabilities, Dr. Pry expanded on the potential adaptation’s Pyongyang’s missile scientists may have applied to this strategy.

North Korea, by contrast, “doesn’t have enough missiles or sophisticated missiles to blow up our missile bases and bomber bases. What they seem to be doing with the satellites is the EMP part of the Soviet plan,” Dr. Pry concluded. “I think what they are mainly going for is the unhardened electric grid. Transportation, communications, all of the other civilian critical infrastructure that we depend upon to keep our population alive.”

Based on this analysis Dr. Pry believes that reports of the recent nuclear missile tests being failures are incorrect, pointing rather to the hypothesis that North Korea has been successfully developing their EMP delivery mechanisms with those launches.

“I am looking at an unclassified U.S. Government chart that shows a 10-kiloton warhead (the power of the Hiroshima A-Bomb) detonated at an altitude of 70 kilometers will generate an EMP field inflicting upset and damage on unprotected electronics,” Dr. Pry wrote in a story published by Newsmax last week. “On April 30, South Korean officials told The Korea Times and YTN TV that North Korea’s test of a medium-range missile on April 29 was not a failure, as widely reported in the world press, because it was deliberately detonated at 72 kilometers altitude. 72 kilometers is the optimum burst height for a 10-Kt warhead making an EMP attack.”

“The April 29 missile launch looks suspiciously like practice for an EMP attack,” Pry ended. “The missile was fired on a lofted trajectory, to maximize, not range, but climbing to high-altitude as quickly as possible, where it was successfully fused and detonated — testing everything but an actual nuclear warhead.”

http://www.trunews.com/article...ret-emp-attack-on-us

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
They can barely build a ballistic missile that works half the time but we have to be worried about sophisticated EMP's? How do they intend to deliver it, donkey?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Not a rocket surgeon but how is detonating a rocket heading into orbit practice for bringing a satellite out of orbit and detonating it over the US?

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1493 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

With another satellite

http://www.livescience.com/483...ellite-22-years.html

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
quote:

With another satellite

or with an F-15

http://www.livescience.com/483...ellite-22-years.html

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

With another satellite

Or you can just use these guys...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
So on those 120 new Federal judges: if they meet standards of competence and integrity, every one will be confirmed.

Exactly! While the crazy commies are going out of their minds on his Tweets, the white supremacy mirage, his taxes, etc., he is quietly filling those benches.

And yes, God Bless President Trump.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16666 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ Smile

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
hey can barely build a ballistic missile that works half the time but we have to be worried about sophisticated EMP's? How do they intend to deliver it, donkey?

To my knowledge, NKOR does not actually have a working bomb, at least one that is deployable or fit for combat use.

AIR, the EMP effect requires a very large nuclear explosion above the atmosphere to work.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

As with everything political there is always a land mine. These judges can be blue slipped. Senators from the state of which these judges are from can be blue slipped. Franken and Klobuchar are already throwing a fit about the judge from Minnesota being appointed to the 8th circuit in St. Louis.
It's more of a courtesy thing and not constitutional but the democrats will use it to stall and the Republicans will most likely let them.

Blue Slip

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
one of the lines that got under my skin every time I heard it, was this one:

“We have 17, 17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyber attacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin. And they are designed to influence our election. I find that deeply disturbing,” Clinton said

In Clapper's testimony the other day, he finally set that straight

Referring to the assessments, Clapper stated: “As you know, the I.C. was a coordinated product from three agencies; CIA, NSA and the FBI, not all 17 components of the intelligence community. Those three under the aegis of my former office.”

then there was this:

Al FRANKEN (true total ass of the highest order): And I want to thank General Clapper and – and Attorney General Yates for – for appearing today. We have – the intelligence communities have concluded all 17 of them that Russia interfered with this election. And we all know how that’s right.

CLAPPER: Senator, as I pointed out in my statement Senator Franken, it was there were only three agencies that directly involved in this assessment plus my office…

Al FRANKEN: But all 17 signed on to that?

CLAPPER: Well, we didn’t go through that – that process, this was a special situation because of the time limits and my – what I knew to be to who could really contribute to this and the sensitivity of the situation, we decided it was a constant judgment to restrict it to those three. I’m not aware of anyone who dissented or – or disagreed when it came out.

but the intel agencies had quietly sat by and let Clinton and the media repeat over and over "all 17"

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
one of the lines that got under my skin every time I heard it, was this one:

I always tried to point out to anyone who would spout off that garbage to me that it was not all 17 agencies that made that conclusion. That figure came about simply because the head of all 17 agencies--Clapper--made that conclusion. Partisan idiots took that as liberty to lie and say that since he's the head of all of them, it's fine (although completely dishonest) to say they all officially made that conclusion.

Franken has got to be the most classless sack of horse apples I have ever laid eyes on.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump has a lot of work to do regarding federal judges:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...nees-matter-n2323751

As of Aug 2016,

Obama has already appointed 329 judges to lifetime jobs, more than one third of the judiciary, and they’re already moving American jurisprudence in Obama’s direction.

He got two left-leaning women onto the Court: Sonia Sotomayor, the first Hispanic justice, and Elena Kagan, his former solicitor general.

He also flipped the partisan balance of the nation’s 13 courts of appeals; when he took office, only one had a majority of Democratic appointees, and now nine do.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

We must have something that can detect whether or not it has a radioactive payload or not. The best would be if one of our test drones could grab it and degrade its orbit aiming it back toward from whence it came.

I doubt the X-37B is the only drone we have in our arsenal.