SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
[T]ry not to shoot any friendlies ....

That may become my new signature line.

If we see it often enough, perhaps—just perhaps—it will sink in.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
How did he “endorse” Mueller?

I tried to find his appearance on Fox on Youtube, but there's nothing. So, this is not an exact quote, but very close: He said something like: I think Bob Mueller "is our best hope" for a fair and complete investigation.

The "investigation" is a travesty, a fishing expedition to try to find something for which the will of the American voters can be overturned and power returned to the swamp creatures. That is what Mueller is doing. "Bob Mueller is our best hope"-- my ass! In plain English.

Maybe I should have more patience with Gowdy-- he has done some good things-- but these feel like desperate times to me. All the power of the Uniparty, the main stream media-- the entire swamp-- is trying to destroy Trump.

This is the time to support Trump, not give Mueller an attaboy.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I wanted to vomit when Gowdy said that (your quote is very close to what I remember). You know how you can tell Mueller is dirty? Everyone, on both sides, says he's not. Politicians, reporters, everyone. Sound familiar? It should because it's the EXACT same load of bull they kept spouting out about Comey.

The problem is everyone who might be able to do anything seems corrupt. The DOJ, the FBI. Congress has no power to do anything. Hell they can't even get the DOJ or FBI to cooperate in their investigation! It's ridiculous. Mueller is spending millions going after Trump...and not a dime spent going after Clinton despite mountains of evidence that 1) she did indeed commit a crime, or 2) that the investigation into her was deliberately mishandled.

Trump should just start pardoning everyone. Mueller secures an indictment, Trump issues a pardon. Another indictment, another pardon. Oh the democrats will scream? Who cares. If you haven't figured it out by now, the democrats will scream over anything and everything. So let them scream. I'm sick of the lefts' lawlessness, corruption, and distain for the American people being ignored.

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Trump is moving our embassy to Jerusalem! LINK

quote:
Trump to declare Jerusalem capital of Israel on Wednesday: White House officials
By JUSTIN FISHEL JORDYN PHELPS Dec 5, 2017, 9:00 PM ET
Ronen Zvulun/Reuters

In a momentous shift of United States foreign policy in the Middle East, President Donald Trump is set to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel on Wednesday and initiate the process of relocating the U.S. embassy to the city from Tel Aviv, according to senior administration officials.

The president is expected to officially announce the policy changes in remarks at the White House at 1pm on Wednesday.

A U.S. official and a source close to the White House told ABC News that official recognition of Jerusalem as the capital is expected to be intentionally broad and not meant to preclude the possibility that the Palestinians could claim part of the historic city as a capital of a future Palestinian state. The president does not want to "prejudice" the outcome of any future peace negotiations for a two-state solution, one source familiar with the plan told ABC News.

The president will also sign a six-month waiver of a 1995 law mandating an embassy move, thereby keeping the U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv for the time being as he initiates the process of relocating the embassy – a process that is expected to take years and will include a survey of construction sites and a search for contractors. Until the new embassy in Jerusalem opens, current law requires the president to sign the waiver that maintains the embassy in Tel Aviv.

[Go to URL to view photo] PHOTO: Exterior of the US Embassy building in Tel Aviv, Israel, Jan. 20, 2017.Jack Guez/AFP/Getty Images

The approach described by the officials appears aimed at allowing the president to fulfill a key campaign promise, while also attempting to soften fallout of his decision to move the embassy by delaying it for an undefined period of time.

"While we understand how some parties might react, we are still working on our plan which is not yet ready,” a senior administration official said. “We have time to get it right and see how people feel after this news is processed over the next period of time.”

A senior official downplayed concerns about threats of violence to US citizens overseas as a result of the announcement, saying that the proper precautions have been taken to provide for anticipated additional security needs.

“We’re obviously concerned about the protection of US citizens, US officials anywhere in the world,” an official said, but added that US security agencies have been involved in the decision and are prepared to provide extra security that may be necessary.

One official described the president’s move in recognizing Jerusalem as the official capital as a “recognition of reality,” with a second official making the case that the location of the embassy is a neutral factor in the United States ultimate ability to be an effective arbiter of a peace deal.

“For a long time, the United States position held that ambiguity or lack of acknowledgement would somehow advance the prospect of peace,” the senior official said. “It seems clear now that physical location of American embassy is not material to a peace deal. It’s not an impediment to peace fundamentally, and it’s not a facilitator of peace.”

The senior official explained the president’s thinking in reaching his decision to move the embassy as being based in part on a belief that the move could actually be beneficial to achieving a broader peace deal.

“He has said that he thinks in a sense not making this acknowledgment of reality, one of the central issues, is sort of taking it out, so we can work on the core issues, the deal will help advance the peace, I think that’s fundamentally where his opinion has been on this subject all along,” the official said.

The official said the president is optimistic about the prospects for a grand peace deal and said that the president’s “peace team,” led by the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, has already made progress, even as the official acknowledged there are few deliverables the administration can currently identify.

“He’s encouraged by the progress his peace team has made so far, I know a lot of that progress isn’t visible, I think that’s one of the things – I know he believes and I know the peace team believes – it’s partly because that progress is not visible that they’ve been able to make so much progress,” the official said.

ABC News' Devin Dwyer contributed to this report.

As always,

Sap

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Leftists are the same, the world over.

Hamas plans 'day of butthurt' in response to Trump's Jerusalem decision

I'll wager that this chafes the Krimson Kenyan to no end. Razz

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
In case anyone feels like they need to lower their IQ by a few points (or raise their blood pressure), Al Green (D-Tx) is reading his articles of impeachment on the House floor right now.

I'm staying tuned in b/c the national reciprocity bill is next.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm staying tuned in b/c the national reciprocity bill is next.

After a few minutes of that the gentleman from SF
yields his time and his sanity to the Gentleman Jack from TN....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Al Green is the epitome of Juvenile Asshole. Even Nancy Pelosi told him not to proceed with this impeachment bullshit. His IQ is .0000000000001 points above that of Sheila Jackson Idiot. And believe me...that ain't sayin' much.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
^^^From Para's FOX article:

"But lawmakers immediately voted to effectively kill his resolution, with 364 voting to table it and 58 Democrats voting to move ahead."

The 58 are pretty much a who's who of senseless idiots in the House. "Hands up, don't shoot" fools, etc. But it is somewhat handy to have them on one list though...which can probably be considered the primary contribution to all of this.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...nt-from-fbi-n2419040

The House Judiciary Committee is expected to grill FBI Director Christopher Wray about the FBI's delicate handling of Clinton's email investigation at an oversight hearing on Thursday.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/archives/20...coop-yesterday-well/

The special counsel had subpoenaed Deutsche Bank, but the records related to Paul Manafort, not Trump:

Those records pertain to people affiliated with President Donald Trump, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the action hasn’t been announced. Several news outlets — including Bloomberg — reported yesterday that the subpoena targeted Trump and his family’s bank records, which was disputed by Trump’s personal lawyer and the White House.

“We have confirmed that the news reports that the Special Counsel had subpoenaed financial records relating to the president are false. No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources,” Trump’s lawyer John Dowd wrote in an email Dec. 5.

AFP reported late Dec. 5 that the subpoena was issued in connection with Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman who was indicted in October. Manafort spokesman Jason Maloni declined to comment.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
With all sincerity, I expected great things from President Trump when he was elected, but he really has exceeded those expectations, and every week I feel like he exceeds them again.

Not many would've had the courage to do what he did in regards to Israel, especially in today's climate. But it was the right thing to do, and for President Trump that's all that mattered. When was the last time we had a leader do what's right simply for that fact alone? What a breath of fresh air.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...for-decades-n2418654

Bill Clinton declared in February 1992, at the height of the Democratic primaries, that he supported recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, a step that would alter U.S. policy.

In the 2000 election campaign, George W. Bush clearly promised to move the embassy and attacked Clinton for failing to deliver on his promise

obama: "I continue to say that Jerusalem will be the capital of Israel. And I have said that before and I will say it again"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...for-decades-n2418654

posted Hide Post
The mainstream media said the impeachment vote didn't pass because they didn't have the votes- They forgot to mention "They didn't have a case".

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The mainstream media said the impeachment vote didn't pass because they didn't have the votes- They forgot to mention "They didn't have a case".

Votes are mandatory. A case is optional, desireable but not necessarily required.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A brief musical interlude...

What a pleasure it must be to work with FBI Director Wray. Unless you are Deep State.

Commensurate with words, exceedingly affable and the type of person you don't want to fuck around with. His body language permeates "he's a good guy" through all his pores.

We now return to our regular programming.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I watched just a little bit of Wray's testimony, but had the same positive impression (off of very little info)

I liked the way he refused to let one of the DEMs drag him into making off the top assessments.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I continue to be pleasantly astonished at the actions actually taken by the Trump administration...as opposed to empty promises and worse by previous administrations including Bush’s.
Loved the “Make Israel Great Again” signs. Big Grin

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post