SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.politico.com/story...-gps-buzzfeed-332747

Michael Cohen, longtime attorney for President Donald Trump, filed defamation lawsuits Tuesday evening against research firm Fusion GPS and BuzzFeed.

The Fusion GPS lawsuit, which was filed at a federal court level, seeks $100 million in damages. A separate amount in damages for the BuzzFeed lawsuit, which was filed at the state court level, will be determined at trial

I may not be recalling this correctly, but I think when the dossier material first came out, it was noted by someone that there was a Cohen traveling to Prague from the U.S., but it was not Donald Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen.

This would be a classic example of how false stories are built. Take something that is known and factual. Then spin a bunch of lies on top that have no basis in reality. That mixture of fact and fiction gives the story "credibility". It looks like that was used several times in the dossier.

I have often wondered if there ever were "Russian" sources. Is the dossier a complete and utter fabrication?

The media coverage gave me the impression, discussed on Fox News this way, that the suit was filed by Donald Trump as Plaintiff. It is clear that the plaintiff is Cohen who is certainly portrayed in a false light in the dossier.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes, Cohen is plaintiff

lawsuit vs Buzzfeed is here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...on/story?id=52247639

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

That's an excellent question, Mister President.

The leftists are gonna plotz.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

That's an excellent question, Mister President.

The leftists are gonna plotz.

Oh Noes! There goes the mid-terms! Eek

How un-Presidential of him... Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
I think I may have used that exact phrase before. Just saying what most Americans already think.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Is there audio of this? I know the White House didn't deny he said it, but I wonder if there is actual audio somewhere.

Things like this I wish he'd rephrase.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
OK, how about this: "I beseech thee, o great minds of the American Congress; Pray, answer this mystery, if thou canst:

Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

How's that?

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:

62,979,879 million RED blooded Americans have the same question.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He is always saying what we are thinking, so totally awesome!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh my, yes. President Trump's remarks are unprecedented

Oh, wait. I see the difference now. President Trump insulted third world countries, where as Obama insulted the American people.

Yes, Donald Trump is just a monster, isn't he?

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there audio of this? I know the White House didn't deny he said it, but I wonder if there is actual audio somewhere.

Dude. Have you ever worked with, or been around Haitians? I worked with some Haitians. If they're exporting their best to us, then I wouldn't want to imagine what a complete shithole the country is. There was a bathroom at one corner of the warehouse our factory was in that the owners just finally completely shut off and locked up. The Haitians didn't wipe and didn't flush and the situation became unmanageable. So instead, they made the trudge to the far end of the warehouse to leave the main shipping department bathroom toilets loaded with turds, but since there were Americans working at that end of the building, they could occasionally flush the toilets to manage the situation to keep from daily overflowing. I wish I was exaggerating, or that you had been there to understand. One or the other.

That locked up bathroom hadn't been used in two years when I started working there, and in the high heat of Tampa summers, it was unapproachable for a good thirty feet in any direction and you could smell it further than that. I can't even imagine what went on to devolve the situation to that point.

The ONLY thing those fuckers contributed to that job site was illegal underpaid labor.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
OK, how about this: "I beseech thee, o great minds of the American Congress; Pray, answer this mystery, if thou canst:

Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

How's that?

Much better!! Big Grin

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
P220, I hear you. And I fully understand that these are indeed shit hole countries!! I've referred to them that way multiple times before amongst friends.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think President Trump's remarks are gonna put a big dent in those Republican votes from Haiti and Botswana.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
This was "leaked" (true or not) to give the democrats cover for pulling out of negotiations. Their base is pissed that they are even talking to Trump and possibly supporting money for border protection. The left wing loons have taken over that party lock stock and barrel and they will not give an inch.

Democrats do not negotiate.
Democrats do not bargain.
Democrats do not deal.

They demand. And when their demands are not met, they blame the other party for failure, take their ball, and go home.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested to know who was in the meeting. Were I Trump I'd be freeking livid if I couldn't have a blunt conversation in the Oval Office without it being leaked to the press. Surely prior presidents have had similar meetings and said things within the confines of the white house that would be absolutely scandalous were they to get out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
CNN actually says it on their home page, so I guess everyone knows what he is talking about! LOL!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've said the same thing so it probably resonates with most honest people.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
My wife and girlfriends go to Mexico every winter for a week. I always ask the same question.
"Why do you want to go to that shit hole country for and spend your money there?
One of my wife's friend asked why I think it's a shit hole country.
I said if it has to be explained to you you won't understand.
My wife told me later she was insulted. Too bad.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
...and can we stop referring to them as the best and brightest? IME that is exception rather than the rule...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post