SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Heard on the radio that a jackass protested at Disney's Hall of Presidents when Trump's/Hillary's robot talked, by shouting "lock him up". The jackass then dutifully posted it somewhere.

When people commented that he ruined the experience for kids and adults who had paid thousands to be there, the jackass suggested that they should have checked their privilege.

There's a jackass that pleads to be checked out.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/...esidents-attraction/

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
From a UK newspaper (typical) we learn that the pervert Anthony Weiner had classified documents on his laptop. These from exchanges with his then-wife Huma Abedin, former top aide to Hillary Clinton. So, the jig is up: Huma goes to prison, right? Along with Hillary. It's just a matter of time until the DOJ files charges. Or the FBI. Right? I mean, any of us would already be in cuffs. So... any minute now.... Aaannnyy... minute.... Roll Eyes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...einers-computer.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
On the morning of 1/20/18, this thread will be locked and pinned and a new thread will be started- The Trump Presidency, Year Two. At nearly 500 pages, this thread has become essentially unreadable.

Almost 3.5 MILLION views of the original Trump thread.
Almost 1.25 MILLION views of this thread.

The total is mind-boggling, and no signs of slowing. Thanks for making it possible.

Posts: 2458 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Big Grin

The Los Angeles Times points out an odd bit of presidential trivia as 2017 comes to a close: President Donald Trump could become the first president since Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower not to visit the State of California in his first full year in office.

In all of the years I have lived here, I have never referred to myself as a Californian. From day one, I realized this was a very different place than all of the many other places I had lived throughout the country, and my values were not similar to those of the people who reside here. The friends I have made since moving here were all NOT California natives, and they've all moved away. Soon, I will be able to escape this madness, too.

All that to say, I don't blame the president for not coming to this insane asylum one bit.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
“Hundreds of trans-Americans murdered each year...”

Hundreds? Really? Every year...

Asshole.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Big Grin

The Los Angeles Times points out an odd bit of presidential trivia as 2017 comes to a close: President Donald Trump could become the first president since Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower not to visit the State of California in his first full year in office.

In all of the years I have lived here, I have never referred to myself as a Californian. From day one, I realized this was a very different place than all of the many other places I had lived throughout the country, and my values were not similar to those of the people who reside here. The friends I have made since moving here were all NOT California natives, and they've all moved away. Soon, I will be able to escape this madness, too.

All that to say, I don't blame the president for not coming to this insane asylum one bit.

I lived in Whackyland for 45 years, and never considered myself a Californian. That may be because Texans never think of themselves as anything else, but there it is.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I was born in Pasadena California. I escaped twenty years ago. If I never go back, it will be too soon.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Maybe Trump should consider reducing California's electoral vote count by 1/3 seeing as how they insist on remaining a sanctuary state and nearly 1/3 of the population has got to be illegal.

I really don't give a crap about California until Presidential election time. They could drop off into the ocean for all I care. But 55 electoral votes that are locked for the dems always looms large.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like Senator Graham knows the truth of it on the fake dossier. Since the FISA process is not usually spoken of in public he implies that the dossier was used to obtain the FISA warrant and is very upset.

If this swamp rat is upset it must be very bad.
Maybe it will get some traction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ure=youtu.be&t=4m10s

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
We will know things are really getting hot when Bill and Hillary turn up in, say, Belize and claim they are victims of political persecution escaping the tyranny of Donald Trump. I'm not joking. A spokesperson for the Obamas, somewhere in Kenya, will back them up. James Comey will disappear as completely as Jimmy Hoffa, and then re-emerge in a few years as Janine Comey, a transgendered Las Vegas showgirl. Okay, I'm joking.

But 2018 will be a very interesting year, that's for sure.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
how the political world is connected

Glenn Simpson is the co-founder of Fusion GPS.

Fusion funded Christopher Steele for the "dossier" w sources in the Russian Kremlin.

Mary B Jacoby is married to Glenn Simpson.

Guess where they were married ?

Little Rock, Arkansas.

Mary Jacoby is the daughter of Jon EM Jacoby, a long-time executive at Stephens Inc. – the Little Rock, Arkansas investment firm whose connections to the Clintons have come up over and over again in investigations of their varied and often questionable financial dealings.

Stephens remained one of Rose’s biggest clients, and a key player in Arkansas politics, throughout the Clintons’ time in Little Rock.

https://libertyunyielding.com/...under-glenn-simpson/

The Clinton campaign hired Fusion in April 2016 to do opposition research against Donald Trump.

Perhaps a coincidence, or even a diff person, but WH visitor logs show a Mary B Jacoby visiting the WH on 19 April 2016 for an East Wing Tour.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
"The White House is dismantling it’s Presidential Advisory council on HIV and AIDS informing the remaining 16 members of the council by mail.

The decision to fire the members on the council Wednesday comes in response to six members walking away over the summer, resigning in an enraged op-ed published in Newsweek…"

www.oann.com/report-white-hous...ds-advisory-council/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
"....resigning in an enraged op-ed published in Newsweek…"

Oooh I bet the one subscriber that read that was miffed!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When we first heard of AIDS back in 1982 or so, it was an irrevocable death sentence, and you didn't have AIDS for very long. I worked in the medical field in the 1980s and 1990s and it was that way all through my career- a genuine death sentence.

These days, though, AIDS is survivable, long term. So, that being the case, I don't see why we need a council, except to be used as a tool for those in power. Sounds like it was waste of taxpayer dollars.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Trump to Dems: No DACA deal without the border wall

The art of the deal...

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
DoJ sent a letter to the Director of U.S. Census Bureau

The letter requested a reinstatement on the 2020 census questionnaire a question regarding citizenship.

In the 2010 census, no census questionnaire included a question about citizenship.

A point a lot of people don't know: The number of House Representatives for each state is based on the census and includes illegal aliens.

The electoral college count is based on the number of representatives also.

California gets 3 of its 55 electoral votes based on its 2.3 million illegals.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Should a census taker come this house, regarding any and all questions they may ask"

2 people live here. 1 male, 1 female. Thank you for asking, have a nice day.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
How the Trump era is changing the federal bureaucracy

http://www.feixingren.com/?pol...?tid=pm_politics_pop

Nearly a year into his takeover of Washington, President Trump has made a significant down payment on his campaign pledge to shrink the federal bureaucracy, a shift long sought by conservatives that could eventually bring the workforce down to levels not seen in decades.

The falloff has been driven by an exodus of civil servants, a diminished corps of political appointees and an effective hiring freeze.

Even though Congress did not pass a new budget in his first year, the drastic spending cuts Trump laid out in the spring — which would slash more than 30 percent of funding at some agencies — also has triggered a spending slowdown, according to officials at multiple departments.

The White House is now warning agencies to brace for even deeper cuts in the 2019 budget

Federal workers fret that their jobs could be zeroed out amid buyouts and early retirement offers that already have prompted hundreds of their colleagues to leave, according to interviews with three dozen employees across the government

Many chafed as supervisors laid down new rules they said are aimed at holding poor performers and problem workers to account

Tony Reardon, president of the National Treasury Employees Union:

“Government is making itself a lot less attractive as an employer.”

White House spokesman Raj Shah said Trump “is committed to streamlining government for the 21st century, reducing bloat, duplication and waste, and focusing resources on key priorities like public safety and protecting our nation’s homeland.”

the Internal Revenue Service lost 6,801 permanent staffers in the first nine months of this year, a drop of nearly 9 percent

President Trump: “I tell my people, ‘Where you don’t need to fill slots, don’t fill them,”

The small Merit Systems Protection Board, which considers appeals from federal employees who believe they were unfairly fired or demoted, has not heard a case in 11 months.

One of Obama’s appointees to the three-member board left in January, leaving two vacancies. Trump has yet to nominate anyone to the panel. With no quorum, the lone board member, Republican Mark Robbins, cannot take action on a backlog of more than 700 cases dating to early 2015.

MSPB has made some terrible decisions in past years

Agencies have told employees that they should no longer count on getting glowing reviews in their performance appraisals

Housing and Urban Development managers, for example, are being evaluated for the first time on how effectively they address poor performers, according to Ashaki Robinson Johns, president of the American Federation of Government Employees Local 476, which represents HUD employees.

Telework — a popular Obama-era policy that expanded work from home — has come under scrutiny as Trump officials have questioned whether it is a license to goof off. The Agriculture and Commerce departments are now moving to restrict the flexible work policy, in some offices by half the amount of time previously permitted, according to documents and employees.

Matthew Allen, a former Pentagon spokesman and onetime communications chief for the Bureau of Land Management, said he found himself quickly marginalized after he suggested that the bureau should share more public information about its activities.

In late September, he was abruptly transferred to another office and demoted — among dozens of senior executives whom Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke reassigned in the fall.

Allen said he witnessed a “level of paranoia about whistleblowing and information that I’ve never encountered in all my years of federal service.”

I seem to recall there were emails and texts from BLM attacking the President early on ?

The administration has made its biggest push for employee accountability at Veterans Affairs, which was found in 2014 to have covered up excessive wait times for patients. In June, the president signed a law allowing the agency to fire or demote poor performers or employees accused of misconduct with 15 days’ notice.

In a Veterans Day speech at Arlington National Cemetery, Vice President Pence drew applause from the crowd when he said that VA had fired or suspended more than 1,500 employees for negligent behavior.

The mood is different ,” said Debra D’Agostino, founding partner of the Federal Practice Group, a law firm representing federal employees. In October alone, the firm took on 30 new clients facing proposed removals — up from the usual one or two a month, she said.

“There’s a feeling out there that they’re not going to get as much pushback for trying to fire someone,” she said.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Excellent!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post