SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
liking Nunes more and more

http://www.washingtonexaminer....port/article/2644540

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes on Thursday slammed the Justice Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for their "failure to fully produce" documents related to the Trump dossier, saying that DOJ and the FBI should investigate themselves.

“Unfortunately, DOJ/FBI's intransigence with respect to the Aug. 24 subpoenas is part of a broader pattern of behavior that can no longer be tolerated,” Nunes wrote in a scathing letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in which he complained about information and witnesses subpoenaed by his committee earlier in 2017.

“As a result of the numerous delays and discrepancies that have hampered the process of subpoena compliance, the committee no longer credits the representations made by DOJ and/or the FBI regarding these matters,” Nunes added in the letter obtained by Fox News.

Nunes demanded records and available dates for witnesses to testify be given to Congress by Jan. 3., threatening to introduce a contempt of Congress resolution if his request is not met.

The committee is seeking reports regarding meetings between the FBI and confidential human sources about the controversial dossier, as well as testimony from key DOJ and FBI officials.

Nunes also blasted the DOJ's response to the subpoenas as "disingenuous" because the department initially claimed the documents "did not exist."

“As it turns out, not only did documents exist that were directly responsive to the committee’s subpoenas, but they involved senior DOJ and FBI officials who were swiftly reassigned when their roles in matters under the committee’s investigation were brought to light,” Nunes said.

The House Intelligence Committee is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The dossier compiled by former M16 British spy Christopher Steele contains salacious and unverified allegations of misconduct and collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin.

"but they involved senior DOJ and FBI officials who were swiftly reassigned when their roles in matters under the committee’s investigation were brought to light"

Nunes is shining light in dark corners

Two days of congressional questioning and suddenly Andrew McCabe decides to swiftly retire at age 50. Would really liked to have watched that question and answer session.

Nunes wants to interview Ohr, Strzok, FBI Attorney James Baker, FBI Attorney Lisa Page, FBI Attorney Sally Moyer and FBI Assistant Director for Congressional Affairs Greg Brower.

Andrew Weissman is on Muellar's team. Weissman attended Clinton's election night gathering in NY.

I'm trying to figure out the end game strategy of this deep state biased group. They are trying to continue a likely losing game as long as possible. They are either cleaning things up, or they hold a bombshell. Certainly they thought the dems would win and they'd have been protected from their illegal activities. Likely reason to drag their feet on releasing communications, is that they implicate them and/or they want the opportunity to destroy them.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The God Damned Commies never give up, even when the fat lady sings.

Their fat lady will never sing.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Newt's on a roll and I'm glad he's on our side.

Underestimate President Trump at your peril

Would you believe that during his first year as commander in chief, President Trump hosted 43 world leaders at the White House. In total, he engaged or met with 149 world leaders in 2017. In 183 calls, the president spoke with leaders from 51 countries. Not exactly the lack of connectivity his critics expected a year ago.

When Trump won the election, his critics expressed great concern about his apparent lack of preparation and experience in foreign policy and national security.

Even Republicans in the foreign policy and national security establishment were deeply opposed to the Trump presidency because they believed he lacked sufficient knowledge to lead.

As I pointed out in my #1 New York Times best seller “Understanding Trump,” it is easy to underestimate the speed at which Trump learns. He listens constantly (I tell folks he always listens, but he doesn't always obey). He is endlessly curious about virtually everything. He built a worldwide corporate system, which includes hotels, office buildings, golf courses, books, wine, and a successful reality show. That took constant curiosity as he stretched again and again beyond the real estate skills his father taught him back in Queens.

One of the keys to the Trump learning system is his intuition about personnel. He has hired a lot of people in his life, and he has a pretty good instinct for defining what he needs. For his national security team, he brought in Marine four-star General James Mattis to be Secretary of Defense, Army three-star Lieutenant General H. R. McMaster to be National Security Adviser, and Marine four-star General John Kelly to be Secretary of Homeland Security. Kelly proved so effective, the president brought him in to be White House Chief of Staff. It would be hard to suggest that Trump has lacked competent professional military advice.

That may also explain why after years of the Obama team's failure to defeat ISIS, the new Trump team calmly and professionally destroyed its territorial base in less than a year. In fact, the Trump team was so efficient and competent, the victory has been virtually unnoticed in the anti-Trump elite media.

According to the Daily Caller, “ISIS retains historically low numbers of fighters, controls little territory and has lost much of its command and control facilities in Iraq and Syria. The vast majority of the military progress against the group occurred in 2017.”

Part of his success has been due to Trump’s ability and willingness to listen to leaders who host him when he travels. During the Arab Islamic American Summit in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, not only did the king of Saudi Arabia meet Trump at the airport, but he was at his side any time Trump was in public during his stay. The amount of time in which they had to compare notes and discuss Iran, terrorism, and Israel was significant and historic.

At the State Department, Trump wanted a major leader as Secretary of State, and as the CEO of ExxonMobil, Rex Tillerson seemed the central casting vision of a global leader. He had routinely made billion-dollar deals, and he was comfortable and experienced in dealing with world leaders. In the first six months of the new administration, Tillerson played an important role in calming fears until people around the world got to know Trump.

When the president made his controversial decision to move the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem, he had been talking with every major American ally in the region for weeks. No one was surprised, and their approving reactions have been muted by the elite media.

Trump's growth as a foreign policy and national security leader is something which deserves major acknowledgment in every year-end review of 2017. Donald Trump is not the president his critics feared. He is adroitly learning the trade of presidential leadership at a rapid pace.

P.S. On Wednesday, I wrote about how dishonest the media has been about Trump’s achievements. On Thursday, I found more confirmation. The elite media has written endlessly about the president’s supposedly low approval ratings, yet a recent Rasmussen poll shows that Trump’s approval rating was nearly identical to Obama’s on December 28, 2009.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I'm trying to figure out the end game strategy of this deep state biased group. They are trying to continue a likely losing game as long as possible. They are either cleaning things up, or they hold a bombshell. Certainly they thought the dems would win and they'd have been protected from their illegal activities. Likely reason to drag their feet on releasing communications, is that they implicate them and/or they want the opportunity to destroy them.

They may not really have a strategy. They may have been unexpectedly caught out when the wicked witch lost and have just been hiding, hoping, and scrambling since then. It would be wonderful if they were all rooted out and burned at the stake. That probably isn’t happening (darn it!), but I am hopeful that under President Trump’s leadership enough light will be shine into the dank corners to expose them and some consequences will befall them.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Trump tweets...
quote:

In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 29, 2017

And leftist heads explode in indignation!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
The global warming tweet is just pure win. Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth it has caused.....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's good that the left are so arrogant and smug. They have no idea what's going on, and what could be better for us than having the enemy totally clueless? The main stream media is a complete shambles, but they will keep on thinking that they are right! and Trump is stupid! and his supporters are bigots! even as day by day they increasingly become the only ones paying attention to themselves.

If you wanted a perfect example of what it means to have your head up your ass: The Washington Press Corps. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
"Global Warming was the old phrase. It's now "Climate Change." All I can say is that this cold is quite a climate change but not quite the same as the other climate change that is supposed to be wreaking havoc. I'm so confused. Maybe Al Gore will help us get this all straight.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2402 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
All my life I've noticed four (4) "climate changes" throughout the calendar year. Yeah...it's called:

SPRING
SUMMER
AUTUMN
WINTER

Friggin' dunderheads....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
On the morning of 1/20/18, this thread will be locked and pinned and a new thread will be started- The Trump Presidency, Year Two. At nearly 500 pages, this thread has become essentially unreadable.

posted Hide Post
That portent of journalistic excellence, Lemon, throws another tantrum.

He's funny.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
This popped up on my FB memories from last year. I have noticed a few liberal/union loving friends have de-friended me since.

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
On the morning of 1/20/18, this thread will be locked and pinned and a new thread will be started- The Trump Presidency, Year Two. At nearly 500 pages, this thread has become essentially unreadable.

Yup, there's so much Winning, even if one tried, one simply cannot comprehend it all!

For the record, I am NOT tired of all this Winning! And I look forward to The Trump Presidency, Year Two....Followed by Years Three thru Eight! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Trump tweets...
quote:

In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 29, 2017

And leftist heads explode in indignation!

I love how Trump trolls these idiots every chance he gets and they fall for it each and every time!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good Grief. This is no Republican. I don't care how she labels herself. She is not one of us.

'Morning Joe' guest worried Trump might invalidate 2018 midterm elections - even though he couldn't

Ridiculous. These people are not living in the real world.

I cannot wait until mid-terms, when we wipe the floor with these infants.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
President Donald Trump spent Friday golfing, but this time, CNN probably won’t say a word.

CNN complained Wednesday and Thursday about not being able to grab footage of POTUS on the links, so on Friday, he gave the media a front row seat.

To the special “thank you” round he played with members of the U.S. Coast Guard, that is.

Trump welcomed the Coast Guard members and told them he wanted them to have a fun tournament to figure out who the best player is.

“It’s an honor to have you on the course,” Trump said.

According to the White House pool report, sixty members of the Coast Guard accepted Trump’s invitation to use his golf course for the day. Trump also provided the service members lunch.

“These brave men and women patrol the waterways near Palm Beach and Mar-a-Lago everyday,” WH deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley said. “The President wanted to thank these service members personally for their service to this nation.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12...h-coast-guard-video/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Ya know the Left sure has some sick puppies. As I'm sure you all know. Here's just one !

+++LINK+++

"Trump Derangement Syndrome claimed another victim after a former executive assistant at NBC decided to “protest” the president by yelling at his animatronic robot doll during a show at Disney World.

The video clip shows Jay Malsky repeatedly screaming “lock him up” at the Trump robot while other audience members, probably concerned about their frightened children, tell him to shut up"

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

The Los Angeles Times points out an odd bit of presidential trivia as 2017 comes to a close: President Donald Trump could become the first president since Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower not to visit the State of California in his first full year in office.

http://www.breitbart.com/calif...lifornia-first-year/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
New New Mexico is not worthy of a visit by President Trump.

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Maybe he feels the same way I do; I love California...but it's ruined.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post