SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
This McMahon, JALLEN.

Vince, not Ed!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/15/...l-meeting/index.html

President Donald Trump's private lawyers are slated to meet with special counsel Robert Mueller and members of his team as soon as next week for what the President's team considers an opportunity to gain a clearer understanding of the next steps in Mueller's probe, according to sources familiar with the matter.

Trump's team, led by John Dowd and Jay Sekulow, is hoping for signs that Mueller's investigation is nearing its end, or at least the part having to do with the President. Their goal is to help Trump begin to emerge from the cloud of the ongoing investigation, several of the sources explained.

The sources acknowledge that Mueller is under no obligation to provide any information and concede they may walk away with no greater clarity.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Vince, not Ed!

It's hard to keep track of the McMahons.

Joey is the most elusive.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Vince, not Ed!

It's hard to keep track of the McMahons.

Joey is the most elusive.

Don't forget about Jim.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There's more than 1?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQe2h5xmUI4

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
quote:
Remember I analogized modern politics with professional wrestling.

President Trump did this earlier with his simulated battle against Ed McMahon. Much subterfuge is involved, including President Trump's simulated battle with AG Sessions, but "We the People", have already won this war to protect and maintain the Constitution of the United States of America.

I was under the impresssion that Ed McMahon had died.

Strange how I woke up thinking "I did something wrong on the computer last night." I was thinking of the head shaving of Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO of WWE, by Donald Trump.

Oh look, Vince McMahon has a follower that I know:

posted Hide Post
quote:

President Donald Trump's private lawyers are slated to meet with special counsel Robert Mueller and members of his team

And as a follow-up to the story, CNN sources will confirm the WH's efforts to influence and/or impede and/or delay and/or obstruct the investigation.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:I was under the impresssion that Ed McMahon had died.

"HaHa....You are correct, sir!"

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This McMahon, JALLEN.

Vince, not Ed!

Great ending in that video that I had not seen before! I'm now pleased about my mistake last night.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://thinkprogress.org/epa-...m&utm_source=twitter

According to agency documents and federal employment statistics, 770 EPA employees departed the agency between April and December, leaving employment levels close to Reagan-era levels of staffing. According to the EPA’s contingency shutdown plan for December, the agency currently has 14,449 employees on board — a marked change from the April contingency plan, which showed a staff of 15,219.

“There has been a drop of employees of 770 between April and December. While several hundred of those are buyouts, the rest of those are either people that are retiring or quitting in disgust,” Kyla Bennett, director of New England Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility

I wish it were 7,000 rather than 700

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://thinkprogress.org/epa-...m&utm_source=twitter

According to agency documents and federal employment statistics, 770 EPA employees departed the agency between April and December, leaving employment levels close to Reagan-era levels of staffing. According to the EPA’s contingency shutdown plan for December, the agency currently has 14,449 employees on board — a marked change from the April contingency plan, which showed a staff of 15,219.

“There has been a drop of employees of 770 between April and December. While several hundred of those are buyouts, the rest of those are either people that are retiring or quitting in disgust,” Kyla Bennett, director of New England Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility

I wish it were 7,000 rather than 700

And disgust rather than retirement.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this info has been posted before, but Andy McCarthy gives a good summary of the loose ends

long article, but part:

http://www.nationalreview.com/...ainst-trump-campaign

The Clinton campaign generated the Steele dossier through lawyers who retained Fusion GPS. Fusion, in turn, hired Steele, a former British intelligence agent who had FBI contacts from prior collaborative investigations. The dossier was steered into the FBI’s hands as it began to be compiled in the summer of 2016.

A Fusion Russia expert, Nellie Ohr, worked with Steele on Fusion’s anti-Trump research. She is the wife of Bruce Ohr, then the deputy associate attorney general — the top subordinate of Sally Yates, then Obama’s deputy attorney general (later acting AG). Ohr was a direct pipeline to Yates.

Burce Ohr met personally with Steele. And after Trump was elected, according to Fusion founder Glenn Simpson, he requested and got a meeting with Simpson to, as Simpson told the House Intelligence Committee, “discuss our findings regarding Russia and the election.” This, of course, was the precise time Democrats began peddling the public narrative of Trump-Russia collusion.

It is the time frame during which Ohr’s boss, Yates, was pushing an absurd Logan Act investigation of Trump transition official Michael Flynn (then slotted to become Trump’s national-security adviser) over Flynn’s meetings with the Russian ambassador. Yates was ultimately fired by Trump for insubordinately refusing to enforce his “travel ban”; Ohr has been demoted for failing to disclose his meetings with Steele and Simpson.

Based on the publication this week of text messages between FBI agent Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, the FBI lawyer with whom he was having an extramarital affair, we have learned of a meeting convened in the office of FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe (then and now the FBI’s No. 2 official) in mid-August 2016 — i.e., right around the time the Page FISA warrant was obtained.

At the meeting, top national-security personnel discussed the prospect that Donald Trump could be elected president, which they regarded as frightening but highly unlikely. In the text, Strzok told Page, “I’m afraid we can’t take that risk” (of a Trump presidency).

Strzok suggested that the FBI needed “an insurance policy” against a Trump presidency despite its seeming improbability.

The FBI and Justice Department have stonewalled the House Intelligence Committee’s attempts to probe investigators’ political bias against Trump and to learn whether the Steele dossier — again, a Clinton-campaign product — was used to obtain the FISA warrant. Thus, there is reason to be suspicious that the Steele dossier was used for this purpose. After all, we know that Steele’s work had Ohr’s support — in effect, an endorsement from Obama Justice Department leadership. There are, furthermore, several intriguing things about the timing of the FISA warrant — not least, the fact that it was sought shortly after the bureau started receiving Steele’s reports.

had to update the "dossier" chart

Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

President Donald Trump's private lawyers are slated to meet with special counsel Robert Mueller and members of his team

And as a follow-up to the story, CNN sources will confirm the WH's efforts to influence and/or impede and/or delay and/or obstruct the investigation.

That got an LOL out of me. I was going to make the same point about the coverage of this scandal on The Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, et al., but your method is much funnier than what I had in mind.

posted Hide Post
Lay down the dots of the clinton email server investigation and see who overlaps? Loved ones and relatives too.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Love these ladies!! Diamond and Silk

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS7onHmQAFk

From 2015 when they met Trump on the campaign trail

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Looks like Trump’s counsel may be meeting with Mueller to start their 4th amendment claims and deliver an ass-kicking...

Trump lawyer: Mueller improperly obtained transition documents in Russia probe
John Roberts By John Roberts, Alex Pappas | Fox News

A lawyer for the Trump presidential transition team is accusing Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office of inappropriately obtaining transition documents as part of its Russia probe, including confidential attorney-client communications and privileged communications.

In a letter obtained by Fox News and sent to House and Senate committees on Saturday, the transition team’s attorney alleges “unlawful conduct” by the career staff at the General Services Administration in handing over transition documents to the special counsel’s office.

Officials familiar with the case argue Mueller could have a problem relating to the 4th Amendment – which protects against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Kory Langhofer, the counsel to Trump for America, wrote in the letter that the the GSA “did not own or control the records in question.”

But, Langhofer says, Mueller’s team has “extensively used the materials in question, including portions that are susceptible to claims of privilege.”

Trump for America is the nonprofit organization that facilitated the transition between former President Barack Obama to President Trump.

The GSA, an agency of the United States government, provided the transition team with office space and hosted its email servers.

The special counsel’s office did not immediately return a request for comment Saturday.

The Trump transition team lawyer argued the actions “impair the ability of future presidential transition teams to candidly discuss policy and internal matters that benefit the country as a whole.”

Langhofer requests in the letter that Congress “act immediately to protect future presidential transitions from having their private records misappropriated by government agencies, particularly in the context of sensitive investigations intersecting with political motives.”

The letter was sent to the Senate Homeland Security and House Oversight Committees.

The committees did not immediately return a request for comment.

Fox News’ Joseph Weber contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...in-russia-probe.html

Scoop: Mueller obtains "tens of thousands” of Trump transition emails

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has obtained “many tens of thousands" of Trump transition emails, including emails of Jared Kushner, transition team sources tell Axios.

Trump officials discovered Mueller had the emails when his prosecutors used them as the basis for questions to witnesses, the sources said.
The emails include 12 accounts, one of which contains about 7,000 emails, the sources said.
The accounts include the team's political leadership and the foreign-policy team, the sources said.

Why it matters: The transition emails are said to include sensitive exchanges on matters that include potential appointments, gossip about the views of particular senators involved in the confirmation process, speculation about vulnerabilities of Trump nominees, strategizing about press statements, and policy planning on everything from war to taxes.

“Mueller is using the emails to confirm things, and get new leads," a transition source told me.
How it happened: The sources say Mueller obtained the emails from the General Services Administration, the government agency that hosted the transition email system, which had addresses ending in “ptt.gov," for Presidential Transition Team.

Axios has asked the Special Counsel's Office for comment and will update this story with the response.

The transition sources said they were surprised about the emails because they have been in touch with Mueller's team and have cooperated.
“They ask us to waive NDAs [nondisclosure agreements] and things like that," a second source said. “We have never said 'no' to anything."

The twist: The sources say that transition officials assumed that Mueller would come calling, and had sifted through the emails and separated the ones they considered privileged. But the sources said that was for naught, since Mueller has the complete cache from the dozen accounts.

https://www.axios.com/scoop-mu...ails-2517994590.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Looks like Trump’s counsel may be meeting with Mueller to start their 4th amendment claims and deliver an ass-kicking...

Some people have not caught on that it is a most terrible idea to battle with DJT.

CNN's coverage of this and other events was posted previously. All that I could find on The Washington Post was an article titled "President Trump claims the FBI is tainted and its reputation in tatters. This graph shows he’s wrong."

Here's a Zerohedge article which references your source of Axios and also Fox News and Politico:

Mueller "Improperly" Obtained "Tens of Thousands" Of Trump Transition Emails

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some people have not caught on that it is a most terrible idea to battle with DJT.

He holds grudges for a very long time and has the resources to exact epic payback. He's been doing this long before he was elected President.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
That is why I used DJT instead of President Trump.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If these reports are true, it seems like Trump is starting to fight back. I wonder why he chose now?