SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Somebody has to have the authority to take something to a Grand Jury.

We saw with astonishment that Eric Holder could ignore Congressional subpoenas with impunity, since it was he who was responsible for enforcing the subpoena in Federal Court. Holder was cited for contempt of Congress thereby suffering no discernible detriment.

Could he not be prosecuted now?

I don’t believe so. Contempt is not a crime in the usual sense. It may be that contempt ends when the Congress ends, but I don’t know.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Don't know about you, but my contempt of Congress never ends.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There is an article discussing various aspects of contempt of Congress found at Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
On a different topic: Marco Rubio has announced he is blackmailing the Senate by demanding an increase in the child tax credit for his "yes" vote on tax reform.

Rubio is REAL Attention Whore isn't he....Seriously, WTF? They're already DOUBLING the Child Tax Credit in the current version of the Bill! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Rubio is REAL Attention Whore isn't he....Seriously, WTF? They're already DOUBLING the Child Tax Credit in the current version of the Bill! Roll Eyes

Paybacks for the Little Marco comments.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
No, just standard political holds and throws.

Remember I analogized modern politics with professional wrestling. This is one of rhe standard moves in the act. Expect each Republican Senator to get on the glory wagon with something.

It’s perfect. A critical vote, very close. Each vote priceless...... uhh, well, what is the price? Test the waters. Maybe there is a price.

If nothing else, it’s good for loads of media attention, lots of face time, a perfect opportunity to show the folks back home, and elsewhere, that you are battling for them against injustice, rapine, corruption, on the side of truth, justice and the American Way.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
On a different topic: Marco Rubio has announced he is blackmailing the Senate by demanding an increase in the child tax credit for his "yes" vote on tax reform.

Cannot say I am surprised. Rubio proved, to me anyway, that he was a slime ball during his attempt at becoming president. At least he proved he was crooked enough during that campaign.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

to be published in May 2018

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/j...itle-cover-revealed/

According to Flatiron Books, Comey's first book will "explore what good, ethical leadership looks like and how it drives sound decisions."

(BTW, this is not a joke)

Jim Comey congressional testimony: "The FBI doesn't give a rip about politics"

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Marco got his panties in a twist...

yeah, he may want to go for some payback, but he should remember there is 60,000,000 of us and only 1 of him

he should try to choose wisely

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
quote:

Paybacks for the Little Marco comments.

Thus proving just how little he really is.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
to be published in May 2018

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/j...itle-cover-revealed/

According to Flatiron Books, Comey's first book will "explore what good, ethical leadership looks like and how it drives sound decisions."
If I can get a copy for free, I'll use its pages to wipe my ass.

Think I'm kidding? I could not be more serious. Tear out a page and crumple it up a few times. The paper gets soft. Looking forward to your Charmin, you fucking fraud.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Here is another article, also from American Thinker, that makes much the same argument as the earlier one I posted. Here is a pull quote:

"Jeff Sessions must keep his hands clean of this entire investigation, letting the OIG present its findings and recommendations. If I.G. recommends prosecution, A.G. Sessions can follow the OIG recommendations and unleash the cannons on the swamp creatures. Sure, the media and their Democrat allies will explode with rage, but it will be a politically independent organization making the recommendations, not the Trump administration, whether the president or his A.G."

http://www.americanthinker.com...m.html#ixzz51L4I6DEz

I hope to God this is true. One point in its favor is that if Sessions really were just out to lunch on all the FBI corruption, Hillary, etc., Trump would get rid of him. He serves at the pleasure of the POTUS.

Not getting my hopes up too high-- wait...actually, yes, I am getting my hopes up high. Nothing would better say "America is saved from the swamp!" than to see Bill and Hillary frog marched in orange jump suits, followed by Barack Obama, Loretta Lynch, James Comey, Peter Strzok and all the other slimes.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The swamp is more exposed every day and the creatures don't like it one bit.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
meme from the snowflakes freaking about net neutrality... But, totally applicable to us deplorables. Need everyone to turn out for next year's vote, and help out the MAGA.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trey Gowdy says that Deputy Director of FBI Andrew McCabe will be fired next week. Gowdy would not say that if he did not have solid info.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...red-next-week-video/

IG Horowitz has had 500 investigators on this case, in it's broadest parameters, and they have obtained more than 1100 sealed indictments. This according to Rosenstein's recent testimony.

Not those of us here, but the country at large might be in for a very big surprise before long.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
No, just standard political holds and throws.

Remember I analogized modern politics with professional wrestling.

Someone's tough lil ol' grandma needs to come over the ropes with her steel folding chair to adjust Little Marco's attitude.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Here is another article, also from American Thinker, that makes much the same argument as the earlier one I posted. Here is a pull quote:

"Jeff Sessions must keep his hands clean of this entire investigation, letting the OIG present its findings and recommendations. If I.G. recommends prosecution, A.G. Sessions can follow the OIG recommendations and unleash the cannons on the swamp creatures. Sure, the media and their Democrat allies will explode with rage, but it will be a politically independent organization making the recommendations, not the Trump administration, whether the president or his A.G."

http://www.americanthinker.com...m.html#ixzz51L4I6DEz

I hope to God this is true. One point in its favor is that if Sessions really were just out to lunch on all the FBI corruption, Hillary, etc., Trump would get rid of him. He serves at the pleasure of the POTUS.

Not getting my hopes up too high-- wait...actually, yes, I am getting my hopes up high. Nothing would better say "America is saved from the swamp!" than to see Bill and Hillary frog marched in orange jump suits, followed by Barack Obama, Loretta Lynch, James Comey, Peter Strzok and all the other slimes.

Good read - thanks for posting!

Jay Sekulow, one of President Trump's personal attorney's and Chief Counsel for the ACLJ, has been somewhat missing in his appearances lately on Hannity and other shows that is usually seen on.

I take this as a cautiously optimistic sign that he is part of the 'possum' strategy!

There is also, supposedly, an FBI whistle-blower with a lot of damaging information against the FBI and deep-state that we have yet to hear from.

Finger's crossed.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
long article

http://thehill.com/homenews/ad...r-two-trump-accusers

Lisa Bloom is Gloria Allred's daughter

Just before the Nov 2016 election, Bloom was working w a woman who was going to claim sexual harassment against Donald Trump.

The woman wanted $ 2 million to do it.
Bloom could only go $750k.

The woman backed out.

Nearly from the beginning, Bloom made clear to the woman she would have to pay her law firm a commission on any fees the attorney arranged from media outlets willing to pay for the woman’s story, according to a copy of a contract as well as a text message sent to the woman.

“Outlets with which I have good relationships that may pay for your first on camera interview, revealing your name and face: Inside Edition, Dr. Phil, LawNewz.com,” Bloom texted the woman just weeks before Election Day. “My best estimate of what I could get for you would be $10-15,000 (less our 1/3 attorney fee)."

“If you are interested I would recommend Inside Edition or Dr. Phil as they are much bigger. Dr. Phil is doing a show on Trump accusers next Tuesday in LA and would fly you here and put you up in a nice hotel, and pay for your meals as well, with your daughter if you like,” Bloom’s text added. “Media moves very quickly so you need to decide and then once confirmed, you need to stick to it.”

Bloom’s firm sent the woman a “media-related services” contract to represent her for “speaking out against Donald Trump” that laid out business terms for selling a story in the most direct terms.

“You will compensate the Firm thirty-three percent (33%) of the total fee that you collect, whether the media deal or licensing fees is for print, Internet, radio, television, film or any other medium,” Bloom’s proposed contract, dated Oct. 10, 2016, read. The woman said she signed the contract.

When Bloom found out in early November that the woman and the friend had discussions with CBS News about doing an interview on their own, the lawyer texted back: “CBS does not pay for stories.”

A little later Bloom sent another text suggesting the arrangements she was making could be impacted by the unauthorized media contacts. “You and your friends should not be shopping the story it will come back to bite you,” Bloom texted. “And this whole thing we have worked so hard to make happen will go away.”

a window into the sexual harassment claim business

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Bloom is compromised.

The Mueller investigation has been taking a lot of hits recently.

DC is so incestuous.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They were and are paying "witnesses" to make accusations.

Tell me how there isn't anything questionable in that.

The (D), rather, the communists will stop at nothing.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post