SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
All day yesterday the talking heads were saying "It's too early to say", "we can't jump to conclusions", "There is no evidence they are biased"...I mean really???

There was no evidence Trump colluded with Russia either. Even Comey testified to that fact. Even if he did collude, what law did he break? None. Yet they still launched an investigation into Trump didn't they? Know what the dems kept saying about it? "where there is smoke there is fire". Well tell you what, there is so much "smoke" coming from the DOJ and the FBI I can see it in North Carolina. Sometimes that old adage "If it walks like a duck..." rings true. It most certainly does in this instance. They keep saying to wait for the IG report. Oh yea, that will make a difference. I bet it will sound a lot like Comey's report on Hillary: "The agents were extremely careless but had no ill intentions. Therefor no prosecutor would bring a case". Subject closed Mr. and Mrs. America, now back to the salt mines making us rich.

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with our so called "justice system".

posted Hide Post
Strzok can be measured with the same measure that he used to measure others. MIM. Motive, inclination, means. And it doesn't fail the eye test.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Here is a very positive take on the slow progress of exposing "the biggest scandal in American history". If this take is sound, Sessions is doing what needs to be done behind the scene, methodically and thoroughly. I hope this is true-- I will happily eat my words of criticism of Sessions-- if it turns out that he ultimately prosecutes and sends to prison the Clintons, Comey, and the whole cast of vile characters-- maybe including the Obamas. Wouldn't that be a joyful day!

He links an article by Sundance, who is IMO one of the most savvy political commentators in the country.

http://www.americanthinker.com...lay_out_in_2018.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Wouldn't that be a joyful day!

Joyful day indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Check this out.
Apparently Trump Jr. verbally abused women when he was 3 years old.
At first, I thought this was parody, but it isn't.
Poor Anna.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-j...conduct-3-years-old/

quote:
Virginia Heffernan@page88

My friend Anna taught Don Jr preschool in Manhattan. She asked him to move his mat one day and he said, “Fuck you, bitch.” He was three. Today’s for you, Anna.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Totally believable. Roll Eyes

Also, I hear he then grabbed his crotch, asked her if she wanted "some of this", then told her he'd "smack that booty up" and make her "bark like a dog".

Dang Roll Eyes

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Here is a very positive take on the slow progress of exposing "the biggest scandal in American history". If this take is sound, Sessions is doing what needs to be done behind the scene, methodically and thoroughly. I hope this is true-- I will happily eat my words of criticism of Sessions-- if it turns out that he ultimately prosecutes and sends to prison the Clintons, Comey, and the whole cast of vile characters-- maybe including the Obamas. Wouldn't that be a joyful day!

He links an article by Sundance, who is IMO one of the most savvy political commentators in the country.

http://www.americanthinker.com...lay_out_in_2018.html

Interesting read. Sounds like the Inspector General is doing his job but I find it a stretch to give the credit to Sessions.

To date, Sessions has been completely useless. If 2018 proves me wrong, I will be the first to acknowledge that right here on the forum.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Totally believable. Roll Eyes

Also, I hear he then grabbed his crotch, asked her if she wanted "some of this", then told her he'd "smack that booty up" and make her "bark like a dog".

Dang Roll Eyes

Ohh yeah. I wish I had my stuff together like that, when I was 3. What a crock of shit.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Somebody has to have the authority to take something to a Grand Jury.

We saw with astonishment that Eric Holder could ignore Congressional subpoenas with impunity, since it was he who was responsible for enforcing the subpoena in Federal Court. Holder was cited for contempt of Congress thereby suffering no discernible detriment.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Just ran across this today. So amazing he recorded this when he was just 34 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ue=256&v=SgAiQISIqoU

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
More winning, another Federal Appeals Court Judge confirmed:

quote:
WASHINGTON, DC – President Donald Trump broke the all-time record on first-year judicial appointments to the federal appeals courts on Thursday, as the Senate confirmed James Ho to the U.S. Court of Appeals to the Fifth Circuit, a nominee notable as a racial minority who is outspoken on the importance of constitutional conservatism.

Senators voted 53-43 to confirm Ho of the Fifth Circuit, which has jurisdiction over Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Democrats voted overwhelming against Ho, as they have done for all of President Trump’s nominees to the appeals courts.

Unlike some judicial nominees, Ho is assertive and unapologetic about his adherence to originalism—the judicial philosophy that the Constitution must always be interpreted according to the original public meaning of its words. When senators asked him if he was an originalist, instead of the verbal tap-dance many nominees do to avoid that hot-button term, he answered bluntly, “Yes, I am an originalist.”

Ho likewise trumpets his affiliation with the conservative Federalist Society, which is vilified daily in left-of-center circles. Rather than downplay that connection, when asked if he was connected to the organization, he answered, “I am proud to be a member of the Federalist Society. I have been a member since my earliest days in law school.”

“Being a member of the Society has not only made me a better lawyer,” he continued. “It has also touched my life in as profoundly deep and personal way as one could imagine: I first met my wife Allyson at a Federalist Society law school event.”

His critics on the political left fixate on his Federalist Society credentials. Ho “is one of the most fervent and vociferous supporters of the Federalist Society,” said liberal activist Vanita Gupta of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, noting that he has been a member since 1996, “has held 10 different national and local leadership positions in the organization, and attended every one of the Federalist Society’s annual conventions since the late 1990s.”

The Federalist Society was a small organization when Ho first joined. It now has over 70,000 members, holding top positions in government, academia, and at major law firms.

Ho is 44-years-old and a graduate of the University of Chicago Law School. He clerked for a judge on the Fifth Circuit he now joins, then for Justice Clarence Thomas at the U.S. Supreme Court. He served at the U.S. Department of Justice in the Office of Legal Counsel and the Civil Rights Division and worked as a staff attorney at the U.S. Senate for Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX).

He later returned to Texas where he served as Texas solicitor general, and he argued before the Supreme Court in that capacity. He has worked as a partner at powerhouse law firm Gibson Dunn & Crutcher since then, where he routinely does pro bono work to advance conservative priorities like religious liberty.

Ho is a man “of deep intellect and deep principle,” a man of “the finest character I’ve ever known,” said Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), lavishing praise on the man he recommended for this judicial seat.

“Jim is an immigrant to this country,” Cruz continued, adding that he has a love for “this country with a passion that burns bright.”

“I predict that Jim Ho and Don Willett will become judicial superstars,” Cruz said on the Senate floor, referring to both of the Texans confirmed to the Fifth Circuit this week. “They will become jurists to which other federal judges across the country look.”

As a young racial-minority federal appeals judge who is also a devoted originalist, Ho could become the Clarence Thomas of his generation. Thomas became a federal appeals judge on the D.C. Circuit in his early forties, and has served on the Supreme Court since 1991.

Asians comprise less than six percent of the U.S. population and voted Democrat over Republican by a margin of 75 percent to 19 percent in the 2016 presidential election.

Ho is the 12th judge confirmed this year to the powerful federal appeals courts, setting an all-time record for U.S. presidents during their first year. The previous record of 11 first-year appellate appointments was jointly held by Presidents John Kennedy and Richard Nixon.

The Senate has also confirmed six to other federal courts, for a total of 18 thus far. All this has happened in the face of unprecedented obstruction from Senate Democrats, who have attempted filibusters of almost two-dozen judicial nominees this year, and consumed up to 30 hours of floor debate time per nominee in an effort to limit the number of judges confirmed under President Trump.

The White House says that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) share much of the credit for the president’s historic numbers.

Commenting on the federal appellate court nominees confirmed this week giving President Trump this record-setting victory, Judicial Crisis Network’s Carrie Severino praised all three of the newly minted judges, confidently predicting, “They will uphold the Constitution and fairly apply the law.”

There are currently 23 additional judicial nominees from the President that have made it through the Senate Judiciary Committee and are waiting for a final confirmation vote by the full Senate, including five more nominees to the federal appeals courts. There are a total of 179 seats on the U.S. courts of appeals.

President Trump has made 58 judicial nominations thus far to all three levels of the federal judiciary, and has 80 more vacancies to fill. More nominations are expected in January.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions and White House Counsel Don McGahn have been intently focused on judicial appointments, directing their respective teams at the U.S. Department of Justice and the White House to focus on well-credentialed, verified conservatives to fill those vacancies.

President Trump commented in October that his judicial appointments would create a 40-year legacy that would long outlast his tenure in office.

Judicial appointments were the top issue for 21 percent of voters in the 2016 elections. Those voters favored President Trump over Hillary Clinton by a margin of 57 to 41 percent.

Judicial nominations and confirmations are likewise expected to be one of the top issues in the 2018 midterm elections, fueling Republican hopes of increasing their margin in the narrowly divided U.S. Senate.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ho-to-fifth-circuit/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

President Donald Trump broke the all-time record on first-year judicial appointments to the federal appeals courts on Thursday, as the Senate confirmed James Ho to the U.S. Court of Appeals to the Fifth Circuit, a nominee notable as a racial minority who is outspoken on the importance of constitutional conservatism.

Senators voted 53-43 to confirm Ho of the Fifth Circuit, which has jurisdiction over Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Democrats voted overwhelming against Ho, as they have done for all of President Trump’s nominees to the appeals courts.

and

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...rcuit-appeals-court/

Senators on Wednesday confirmed President Donald Trump’s pick of Justice Don Willett to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, tying the all-time record for federal appeals judges.

Willett is on President Trump’s published list of 25 potential picks for the U.S. Supreme Court. The president’s first selection from that list was Justice Neil Gorsuch, and he has subsequently nominated several other list members who are state supreme court justices to serve as federal appeals judges.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Jim Comey " The FBI doesn't give a rip about politics "

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Oddball

what a great video

that's the DJT that everyone should see just once

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
PDT has given our military the freedom they needed to whip ISIS back into the desert, and now working on taking out the Taliban drug networks.

http://www.breitbart.com/natio...lion-taliban-heroin/

quote:
WASHINGTON, DC — The U.S.-NATO coalition in Afghanistan has pulverized 25 Taliban labs used to process opium and its deadly heroin derivative, depriving the narco-jihadists of $80 million in illegal drug proceeds in the first three weeks of an unprecedented counternarcotics air campaign.

quote:
The top American general declared:

This is a new war. The gloves are off, if you will, and we’ve got now these authorities we need to be able to go and target the Taliban network.

The Taliban have never had to face a sustained targeting campaign focused on disrupting their illicit revenue activities … it’s not over. In fact, it’s only just begun. And this will be a very long winter for the Taliban, as we will continue to disrupt their revenue sources again and again and again.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
More winning, another Federal Appeals Court Judge confirmed:

quote:
WASHINGTON, DC – President Donald Trump broke the all-time record on first-year judicial appointments to the federal appeals courts on Thursday, as the Senate confirmed James Ho to the U.S. Court of Appeals to the Fifth Circuit, a nominee notable as a racial minority who is outspoken on the importance of constitutional conservatism.

When senators asked him if he was an originalist, instead of the verbal tap-dance many nominees do to avoid that hot-button term, he answered bluntly, “Yes, I am an originalist.”

Ho likewise trumpets his affiliation with the conservative Federalist Society, which is vilified daily in left-of-center circles. Rather than downplay that connection, when asked if he was connected to the organization, he answered, “I am proud to be a member of the Federalist Society. I have been a member since my earliest days in law school.”

Very happy to see men of character being brought into our Federal court system. Cool

<><

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We owe Don Meese, Robert Bork, and Steven Calabresi, among others, an eternal debt of gratitude for founding the Federalist Society. Judge Ho should indeed be proud of his membership.

On a different topic: Marco Rubio has announced he is blackmailing the Senate by demanding an increase in the child tax credit for his "yes" vote on tax reform.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Somebody has to have the authority to take something to a Grand Jury.

We saw with astonishment that Eric Holder could ignore Congressional subpoenas with impunity, since it was he who was responsible for enforcing the subpoena in Federal Court. Holder was cited for contempt of Congress thereby suffering no discernible detriment.

Could he not be prosecuted now?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
Very happy to see men of character being brought into our Federal court system. Cool
In his spare time, he helps people with their back pain. The guy gets around.

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by soflaac:
In his spare time, he helps people with their back pain. The guy gets around.

Who knew.....just tonight I was thinking about having too much spare time recently & maybe take on a second job myself. Big Grin

<><