SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
[quote]Three women, who previously have accused President Trump of sexual misconduct, banded together Monday /quote]

One of them is the Secretary for the Clinton foundation.. I wish there was a way to hook these women up to a lie detector and a Taser every time they lie..they get tased until they pass out.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I believe the Trump talking doll action figure was mentioned earlier. I got mine. It's the real deal. Smile I sent it to my brother as an early Christmas gift.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I give you Trumpy Bear!

*Seems a bit weird seeing a grown woman with a teddy bear Roll Eyes

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
[quote]Three women, who previously have accused President Trump of sexual misconduct, banded together Monday /quote]

One of them is the Secretary for the Clinton foundation.. I wish there was a way to hook these women up to a lie detector and a Taser every time they lie..they get tased until they pass out.

Pity grope Cool

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
FWIW

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
Very interesting.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
USA Today Unloads on Trump!

quote:
With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash, President Trump has shown he is not fit for office. Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Tuesday dismissed the president's smear as a misunderstanding because he used similar language about men. Of course, words used about men and women are different. When candidate Trump said a journalist was bleeding from her "wherever," he didn't mean her nose.

And as is the case with all of Trump's digital provocations, the president's words were deliberate. He pours the gasoline of sexist language and lights the match gleefully knowing how it will burst into flame in a country reeling from the #MeToo moment.

RNC: Democrats’ response is laughable

A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

It should surprise no one how low he went with Gillibrand. When accused during the campaign of sexually harassing or molesting women in the past, Trump’s response was to belittle the looks of his accusers. Last October, Trump suggested that he never would have groped Jessica Leeds on an airplane decades ago: “Believe me, she would not be my first choice, that I can tell you.” Trump mocked another accuser, former People reporter Natasha Stoynoff, “Check out her Facebook, you’ll understand.” Other celebrities and politicians have denied accusations, but none has stooped as low as suggesting that their accusers weren’t attractive enough to be honored with their gropes.

If recent history is any guide, the unique awfulness of the Trump era in U.S. politics is only going to get worse. Trump’s utter lack of morality, ethics and simple humanity has been underscored during his 11 months in office. Let us count the ways:

He is enthusiastically supporting Alabama's Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused of pursuing — and in one case molesting and in another assaulting — teenagers as young as 14 when Moore was a county prosecutor in his 30s. On Tuesday, Trump summed up his willingness to support a man accused of criminal conduct: “Roy Moore will always vote with us.”

Trump apparently is going for some sort of record for lying while in office. As of mid-November, he had made 1,628 misleading or false statements in 298 days in office. That’s 5.5 false claims per day, according to a count kept by The Washington Post’s fact-checkers.

Trump takes advantage of any occasion — even Monday’s failed terrorist attack in New York — to stir racial, religious or ethnic strife. Congress “must end chain migration,” he said Monday, because the terror suspect “entered our country through extended-family chain migration, which is incompatible with national security.” So because one man — 27-year-old Akayed Ullah, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. who came from Bangladesh on a family immigrant visa in 2011 — is accused of attacking America, all immigrants brought to this country by family are suspect? Trump might have some credibility if his criticism of immigrants was solely about terrorists. It isn’t. It makes no difference to him if an immigrant is a terrorist or a federal judge. He once smeared an Indiana-born judge whose parents emigrated from Mexico. It’s all the same to this president.

A man who clearly wants to put his stamp on the government, Trump hasn’t even done his job when it comes to filling key government positions that require Senate confirmation. As of last week, Trump had failed to nominate anyone for 60% of 1,200 key positions he can fill to keep the government running smoothly.

Trump has shown contempt for ethical strictures that have bound every president in recent memory. He has refused to release his tax returns, with the absurd excuse that it’s because he is under audit. He has refused to put his multibillion dollar business interests in a blind trust and peddles the fiction that putting them in the hands of his sons does the same thing.

Not to mention calling white supremacists "very fine people," pardoning a lawless sheriff, firing a respected FBI director, and pushing the Justice Department to investigate his political foes.

It is a shock that only six Democratic senators are calling for our unstable president to resign.

The nation doesn’t seek nor expect perfect presidents, and some have certainly been deeply flawed. But a president who shows such disrespect for the truth, for ethics, for the basic duties of the job and for decency toward others fails at the very essence of what has always made America great.

USA TODAY's editorial opinions are decided by its Editorial Board, separate from the news staff. Most editorials are coupled with an opposing view — a unique USA TODAY feature.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
There are texts in which FBI officials said that the possibility of a Trump victory was "terrifying" and that Hillary Clinton "just has to win." Supposedly, some Republicans will formally accuse the FBI of political bias.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/1...blican-campaign.html

The attempted coup has been going on far too long. I think it's plausible, as O'Reilly says in the clip Para posted, above, that it will even ramp up in January.

What is going on in America is unlike anything that has ever happened before, and it amounts to the breakdown of the rule of law. If Sessions doesn't pull both his thumbs out of his ass, Trump needs to fire him and get someone in that crucial office who will do what it takes to restore the rule of law. These are do-or-die times. Sorry to sound dramatic, but I think that is just the truth of it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Don’t become overwrought with the observations of USA Today.

Editorial reaction to the Gettysburg Address, deemed by many the greatest single speech ever delivered in the English language, was decidedly negative,p.

"The cheek of every American must tingle with shame as he reads the silly, flat and dishwatery utterances of the man who has to be pointed out to intelligent foreigners as the President of the United States."

“The ceremony [at Gettysburg] was rendered ludicrous by some of the luckless sallies of that poor President Lincoln."

Even decades later it was still deemed a botch. "Seven score and ten years ago, the forefathers of this media institution brought forth to its audience a judgment so flawed, so tainted by hubris, so lacking in the perspective history would bring, that it cannot remain unaddressed in our archives.“

Editors! What do they know?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore...

Well that's exactly what she is, a political whore right down to her bones. Can you believe that she once had an "A" rating from the NRA? She'll blow whatever cause benefits her political aspirations. A Trump is exactly right; Schumer is her pimp.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Supposedly, some Republicans will formally accuse the FBI of political bias.

Ooooh more stern words from congress! The FBI will be quaking in their boots!

Talk is cheap, and as has been proven countess times theirs is worthless.

The FBI works for the DOJ. The DOJ works for Trump. Congress has oversight of both. AND STILL nothing gets done. Until congress starts holding people in contempt, and Trump starts firing those who refuse to enforce it, nothing will change.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Fellas, I have often said that Congress can do something about this. Defund each agency until they stop being a political arm and go back to doing the job they are supposed to.

But, they choose not to. Why? It is all part of a sad game that everyone in Washington plays. Both parties do not want change. They want the world to keep spinning s it is. Change is a word only used in Republican terms when they are up for reelection.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Fellas, I have often said that Congress can do something about this. Defund each agency until they stop being a political arm and go back to doing the job they are supposed to.

But, they choose not to. Why? It is all part of a sad game that everyone in Washington plays. Both parties do not want change. They want the world to keep spinning s it is. Change is a word only used in Republican terms when they are up for reelection.

How would it be for some powerful political firce to defund the agency you work for unless and until the leadership bends to their will?

All these employees on unemployment, defaulting on their home loan, missing their vacations, no Christmas for the kids, and God forbid, no contributions to the retirement fund!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

How would it be for some powerful political firce to defund the agency you work for unless and until the leadership bends to their will?

All these employees on unemployment, defaulting on their home loan, missing their vacations, no Christmas for the kids, and God forbid, no contributions to the retirement fund!

Happens all the time to
People in public and private sectors who aren’t doing their jobs.

Why should the federal government get a pass? The same weak argument is always applied to this. We are often told that we can’t cut money to entitlements because of the children. This is no different. This is the same type of BS we are constantly fed on why nothing can be done with the education system. If there is measurable evidence that I am abusing my office, leaking information and the like, they can me with no regard to my retirement and house payment.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Happens all the time to
People in public and private sectors who aren’t doing their jobs.

Why should the federal government get a pass? The same weak argument is always applied to this. We are often told that we can’t cut money to entitlements because of the children. This is no different. This is the same type of BS we are constantly fed on why nothing can be done with the education system. If there is measurable evidence that I am abusing my office, leaking information and the like, they can me with no regard to my retirement and house payment.

Defund an entire agency! Civil Service rules, union rules.... what about those nearing retirement? An ENTIRE AGENCY! Not just one lazy bum, but tens of thousands of hard working dedicated civil servants, all on the dole because of a handful of obstinate big shots!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the reset hurts.

Saw it in the military with RIFs.

Lotta good people caught in the propwash.

Life is tuff, get a helmet.

The biggest enemy is in our bathroom mirror.

Ask Pogo.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So Rosenstein is testifying and saying there is no reason to fire Mueller and it is not a witch hunt.

Mueller could literally stand up and flat out say he was ordered to get Trump removed by hook or by crook and NOTHING would happen. NOTHING.

Corrupt isn't a strong enough word to describe the "Just Us" department.

Oh, the talking heads will go on TV, congress critters will call for investigations, accusations of the politicization of the FBI and the DOJ will fly...and the culture of corruption will keep rolling on and on.