SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump took the opportunity at his rally Friday to make a dig at Nelson’s attorney, drawing cheers from his supporters.

“Gloria Allred, anytime you see her you know something’s going wrong,” he said.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
By the way, during his speech President Trump mentioned that he has signed into law more legislation since Harry Truman. Or maybe he said he's signed the most and Harry Truman was second. Anyway, is that true? And how come I haven't heard that before? I wonder...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Behind the scenes (well the scenes the MSM does not want you to watch) Trump is making a difference. Solid leader.

But what would you expect? If you compared, say, a boot senator with no managerial experience (dare I say say no capitalist history to speak of) to an American born of an entrepreneurial family, who would you expect to succeed?

Trump may have been born into wealth but that does not mean he forgets who put him and his family into that position. Add to this a love of country and you have the ingredients for a VERY successful leader who understands what is required to achieve greatness. Not just greatness for himself but greatness for the country.

Thank you Mr. President.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
He cracks me up and I find myself yelling 'hell yes!' at the TV

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.c-span.org/video/?...ly-pensacola-florida

The whole rally with others presenting....WINNING Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My past experience has led me to assume that any person that Gloria Allred is representing is guilty and/or lying.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic rally speech by President Trump!

He sure has unique delivery style, but combing together his serious focus on important issues, a lot of mockery and humor (i.e.; making fun of #theresistance - that was freaking funny!), his shout-out's to the audience, his amazing ability to not have to rely on using a teleprompter and his genuine love for the United States of America and his deep belief in MAGA for every hardworking and lawful American Citizen, I believe that he is well on his way to being one of best President's we have seen in a long time!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
...his amazing ability to not have to rely on using a teleprompter...

Not that it's a big deal, but I'm quite certain he was using a teleprompter. His ability to go effectively off script however is awesome.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Way to go chump. You're a joke. A fool. A race-baiter. A waste of everyone's time.

Dem Rep. Al Green introduces articles of impeachment against Trump:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...t-against-trump.html

Al Green got taxpayers to pay for his whores.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...en-sued-her-blackmai

https://www.politico.com/story...tions-assault-261020

Another Washington esteemed representative.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What’s wrong with a teleprompter?

Didn’t people use notes for their speeches before they were invented?

The problem with focusing on trivial matters when they’re something the other guy does is that then we’re forced to make excuses for the same trivial things when our guy does them. If the only thing to criticize about the previous President had been his heavy reliance on notes to get him through a public speech, I’d have been ecstatic. It’s nice if someone can speak at length without notes and not get lost or forget to say anything important, but that’s all it is: nice. We don’t judge musicians’ abilities by whether they need sheet music to remind them how to play, and we shouldn’t judge public speakers by whether they need notes either.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
...his amazing ability to not have to rely on using a teleprompter...

Not that it's a big deal, but I'm quite certain he was using a teleprompter. His ability to go effectively go off script however is awesome.

Hi Alan,

Maybe he was, but before I posted I checked a few wide-angle photo's from the rally around the stage area and was not able to see any on the stage area in front of President Trump.

I certainly could have missed them though, as I was only into my first cup of coffee for the day!

Rob

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Obozo used teleprompters at press conferences not just speeches. Also, IIRC, when talking to kindergartners.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Absolutely nothing.

(Except if you're using one to talk to kindergartners)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I love when he points and looks at people while he's talking.

To me it shows that he stays very engaged with his supporters all the time, not just delivering a message- involving them in actively receiving the message directly from him to them. It's nothing short of fantastic.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Barack Freaking Obama is what's wrong with a teleprompter. His having to stop one of his stupid commie lectures because the propaganda machine in front of him stopped telling him what to say is what's wrong with a teleprompter. The teleprompter breaks, and what do we get? "Uh, uh, uh, and and and uh, uh, uh."

Jesus

Relying on a teleprompter in order to even function is what's wrong with a teleprompter. Not being able to articulate what you claim to be your own ideas, without a teleprompter, is what's wrong with a teleprompter.

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
remember we called it TOTUS... Big Grin

Obama couldn't put two thoughts together without a teleprompter

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Barack Freaking Obama is what's wrong with a teleprompter. His having to stop one of his stupid commie lectures because the propaganda machine in front of him stopped telling him what to say is what's wrong with a teleprompter. The teleprompter breaks, and what do we get? "Uh, uh, uh, and and and uh, uh, uh."

Jesus

Relying on a teleprompter in order to even function is what's wrong with a teleprompter. Not being able to articulate what you claim to be your own ideas, without a teleprompter, is what's wrong with a teleprompter.

Thank you, Sir. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Here is the teleprompter buffoon

He can't function with out one.

He can barely function with one.

And rememebr the esteemed (EX) Commander in Chief just reads "Corpsman"

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Every now and then someone comes along with just the right combination of skills, personality, intelligence, discipline, appearance, talents, etc., which make that person spectacularly successful at what he does. Nobody can equal him. If he can control his flaws, and sometimes even if he cannot, he will rise to the top of the field in everything he attempts. Mozart might be an example. The old masters, Da Vinci, Raphael, Michaelangelo, or Voltaire, Isaac Newton, maybe Franklin and Jefferson, are examples. Elvis, too.

Trump seems to have a gift for promotion, how to attract attention and channel it, to get people to do what he wants and to select people to do so. Real estate is a people business, tenants, tradespeople, brokers, lenders, contractors, buyers, sellers, and being able, and willing, to manipulate them to get what you want is vital. Being able to tell the clowns from the cowboys, as we say in these parts, is a real skill that can’t be taught beyond a certain point. Dealing with the most humble tenants, the most egotistical jerks buying zillion dollar apartments, every now and then an honest responsible person even, is a tricky business.

Maybe Trump is one.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
California gov: Trump doesn’t fear God or ‘existential consequences’

quote:
California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) says President Trump's stance on climate change demonstrates that he does not appear to fear the "wrath of God" or have any regard for the "existential consequences" of his environmental policies.

“I don’t think President Trump has a fear of the Lord, the fear of the wrath of God, which leads one to more humility ... this is such a reckless disregard for the truth and for the existential consequences that can be unleashed,” Brown said in an interview on CBS's "60 Minutes," which is set to air on Sunday.

Brown, who studied to become a Jesuit priest prior to entering politics, has been a vocal critic of the Trump administration.

His latest comments come as the southern portion of California battles massive wildfires that in just a few days have damaged thousands of acres of property and destroyed hundreds of buildings.

Trump declared a state of emergency in California, which permits federal assistance to supplement the state and local response to the fires.

The order allows the Federal Emergency Management Agency to coordinate disaster relief efforts in the areas affected by the wildfires.

Northern California grappled with a series of wildfires earlier this year that took the lives of 44 people and resulted in billions of dollars of damage.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post