SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, horse shit. I'm sick of the announcement of huge revelations, and then NOTHING happens.

I call these the "whoop du jour." . Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
"We're not seeing a large flow of people out of the caliphate because most of those people are dead now."

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Is it just me or do these headlines and articles seem to try and downplay the economic growth that is happening under Trump?

No, I don't think it's just you. Plus, I saw on FNC this morning where Obama is, not surprisingly, trying to take credit for it.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Is it just me or do these headlines and articles seem to try and downplay the economic growth that is happening under Trump?

No, I don't think it's just you. Plus, I saw on FNC this morning where Obama is, not surprisingly, trying to take credit for it.

I'll give him credit for it - credit for leaving and getting the fuck out of the way!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
olfuzzy

posted December 07, 2017 12:28 PM Hide Post
Can you imagine what he could have accomplished by now if he would have had the backing of the GOP house and senate?

Truly a good question. He is working with McConnell, Ryan, McCain, et al. and accomplishing GREAT things. That is an astonishing achievement.

I was going to link the article about ISIS that is linked on the previous page as just one example. Under Obama, ISIS got bigger, stronger, and just ran wild. A year or so of Trump and Mattis-- and ISIS is "in tatters." MAGA! Big Grin. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I wasn't really a Trump supporter to begin with. I voted more against Felonia von Pantsuit than for Donald Trump.

But that has changed. I'm 100% behind him how. I don't usually interject politics into conversations, but if a leftist starts with their shit I rarely let it pass unchallenged.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Jim Shugart, I could have posted that word for word!

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

From A Legal Perspective, Mueller’s Investigation is Dead. Here’s Why

Nick James, Attorney
1:51 PM 12/07/2017

Like a headless turkey running around in circles, Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s anti-Trump investigation is dead, even if he does not yet realize it. While his investigation stumbles onward, with life support provided by the biased media, from a legal perspective the viability of any criminal case that Mueller could possibly bring has been effectively gutted thanks to the news (suppressed for months by Mueller’s team) that the FBI’s “key agent” in both the Russia investigation and the Clinton email probe was an ardent Hillary supporter with an anti-Trump bias.

Under federal law, a prosecutor is required “to disclose exculpatory and impeachment information to criminal defendants and to seek a just result in every case.” Specifically, pursuant to Giglio v. United States, prosecutors are obligated to provide defendants with impeachment evidence, which includes, according to the DOJ’s guidelines, evidence of a witness’s biases, “[a]nimosity toward defendant,” or “[a]nimosity toward a group of which the defendant is a member or with which the defendant is affiliated.”

As a result, in any prosecution brought by Mueller against a Republican target, defense counsel would be entitled under the Constitution to all evidence in the government’s possession relevant to exploring the apparent biases of FBI agent Peter Strzok and his animosity toward Trump and the Republican Party. This, in and of itself, could be a case-killer because it is very unlikely that Mueller or the DOJ would want defense counsel poring through all the records and documents, emails, and texts in the DOJ’s and Strzok’s possession revealing the agent’s biases since this could fatally undermine any other cases or investigations the agent has worked on—such as the FBI’s decision to recommend charging General Flynn with lying to federal agents even though Hillary Clinton’s besties, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, were given a free pass despite apparently doing the same thing.

Significantly, the fatal damage done to Mueller’s anti-Trump investigation does not only rest in the fact that defense counsel will be able to conduct an unlubricated prostate examination on the FBI’s key agent at trial. Instead, the real reason why Mueller will not risk a criminal trial is the lasting damage that would be done to the FBI’s reputation by having Strzok’s baggage brought into the daylight.

To expose the agent’s biases, defense counsel would have the opportunity to cross-examine the agent and his apparent mistress, an FBI lawyer who also worked on Mueller’s investigation and the Clinton email probe, about their exchanged messages showing support for Clinton and hostility to Trump. Additionally, the agent’s wife, a high-profile attorney at another federal agency, apparently was a member of several pro-Obama and pro-Clinton Facebook groups and is a follower of a Facebook page called “We Voted for Hillary.”

One can only imagine the fun that an aggressive defense attorney would have shredding Strzok’s credibility by grilling him to see if he shared his wife’s posted political views.

The prospect of having to reveal to defense counsel and the public the FBI’s dirty laundry concerning Strzok—the former deputy head of the agency’s counterespionage unit—plus having to watch as defense attorneys parade the disgraced agent, his disgraced FBI mistress, and possibly his betrayed wife before the jury to explore the extent of his anti-Trump biases pretty much kills the likelihood of Mueller indicting any other Republicans. There’s simply too much downside.

Undeniably, if Mueller were to proceed with a trial under these tainted circumstances, he would be exposing the country’s vaunted legal system and the agency he once headed, to both national and international ridicule. The FBI’s reputation for impartiality would be forever flushed down the toilet. This price simply is not worth it particularly since he has found no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia. Indeed, one wonders, cynically, if this realization prompted Mueller to offer a light plea deal to Flynn so that he could quickly sign him up as a cooperator and add the general as a notch on his prosecutorial belt before the DOJ notified the public of the real reason for Strzok’s removal from Mueller’s team? (Arguably, Giglio disclosure obligations only apply after a person has been indicted but not if he pleads guilty pre-indictment.)

Finally, it is worth noting that under principles analogous to the fruit-of-the-poisonous-tree doctrine, any FBI agents or officials who worked with Strzok (including James Comey) would be tainted by, and subject to cross-examination to explore, Strzok’s biases and whether he is the type of person who hid from them his biases while making key charging recommendations.

In short, Mueller’s anti-Trump investigation is effectively dead (unless his targets’ lawyers are nincompoops). And, ironically, this is all the fault of Strzok and his mistress who wanted to help “Crooked Hillary” and target Trump. How do you like ‘dem apples?

Nick James is a trial attorney in the D.C. area who formerly worked for the United States Department of Justice as an award-winning federal prosecutor.

The views and opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author and do not reflect the official position of The Daily Caller.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12...n-is-dead-heres-why/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally, it is worth noting that under principles analogous to the fruit-of-the-poisonous-tree doctrine, any FBI agents or officials who worked with Strzok (including James Comey) would be tainted by, and subject to cross-examination to explore, Strzok’s biases and whether he is the type of person who hid from them his biases while making key charging recommendations .

Bingo! Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Checkmate. "Did you hide or did not hide? Choose your poison."

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
FBI says Sessions didn't have to reveal Russia talks.

The FBI has put to bed a controversy whipped up by liberal critics of Attorney General Jeff Sessions over his contacts with foreign officials including Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the 2016 presidential campaign.

An FBI email released through the Freedom of Information Act said that Sessions had no obligation to reveal any contacts with foreign officials unless he “developed personal relationships” with them.

The bottom line: His two contacts with Kislyak in 2016 did not have to be revealed to the FBI on his SF-86 security clearance application, part of his confirmation process.

Sessions has repeatedly denied that he talked about the campaign with the Russian, but critics have continued to question his decision to not list them on his SF-86, which contains a box to check for contacts.

The email confirms statements from Justice staffers that Sessions did not need to check the foreign contacts box.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
In short, Mueller’s anti-Trump investigation is effectively dead (unless his targets’ lawyers are nincompoops). And, ironically, this is all the fault of Strzok and his mistress who wanted to help “Crooked Hillary” and target Trump. How do you like ‘dem apples?
One can only hope that Trump's lawyers are NOT nincompoops.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sex, Lies and Videotape- Democratic double standards.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Trump is pulling no punches tonight. Yeaaaaaah, man.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Link?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sorry. I'm just catching his speech at his rally tonight. Showing on FNC now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Found it here live:
https://www.cbsnews.com/live-n...florida-live-stream/

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://thehill.com/homenews/ad...-of-alabama-election

President Trump spoke out on behalf of Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore during a rally in neighboring Florida on Friday night.

"We need a Republican in the House, we need a Republican in the Senate. We need more of them," Trump said during the campaign event in Pensacola, Fla., touting his agenda.

Trump spoke for over half an hour, feuding with CNN and ABC News over faulty reports in the past week and discussing illegal immigration before getting to speaking out on behalf of Moore.

"This guy's screaming, 'We want Roy Moore.' He's right," Trump said, pointing to an audience member.

"How many people here are from the great state of Alabama?" Trump asked the audience to cheers.

Trump's rally in Pensacola was scheduled before he explicitly backed the Senate candidate, who has been embroiled in controversy since allegations of sexual misconduct emerged last month.

Various GOP leaders in Washington have called on Moore to step aside after multiple women accused him of pursuing them when they were teenagers and he was in his 30s.

Trump, who has pointed to Moore's denial of the allegations, formally endorsed the GOP candidate earlier this week while blasting his Democratic opponent Doug Jones.

Trump continued to blast Jones during the rally Friday, claiming he would be a "puppet" of Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I watched it. What a great speech!

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
From what I saw, it was a real barn burner.
No teleprompter either.

Trump was so genuine, so smooth and not politically correct that I am certain many on the left are frightened to their core.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
One thing that makes me feel more at ease is that Trump is a killer on the trail. Now if he was a politician that would piss me off, because that would be the only thing he was good at, but Trump takes that trail energy and converts it to progress (and votes).

There are two opposite sides to him. The quiet executive (yes quiet, he has done more behind the scenes stuff than anyone I can remember, and I mean pro-country good stuff) and the blustery campaign firebrand. I think he separates them well and knows when to hit the go pedal on one or the other. A very savy leader who knows what it takes to get shit done. And always, I feel, he has the countries best interests at heart.