SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Byron York has written an article reminding us of how the FBI interview w M Flynn went down.

Someone unmasked Flynn and got phone conversations between Flynn and the Russian ambassador. Sally Yates was acting AG, a holdover from obama administration.

Yates referenced the Logan act about unauthorized persons negotiating w foreign govts. She had the FBI interview Flynn on 24 Jan 2017 (4 days after the inauguration).

The FBI asked Flynn questions about the conversation as they already knew what was said. It was just to trap Flynn.

Flynn’s name had been “unmasked” by a yet-to-be-determined Obama administration official, and the contents of his conversations were illegally leaked to the Washington Post.

Flynn should have told the truth. They never could have made any Logan Act charge stick for the incoming administration.

Sally Yates then refused to defend President Trump's executive order on the travel ban. President Trump fired her.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ellion-ends-whimper/

another input here

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...of-michael-flynn.php

Michael Ledeen is an American historian. He is a former consultant to the United States National Security Council, the United States Department of State, and the United States Department of Defense.

He became good friends w Michael Flynn.

Ledeen thinks there is a possibility that Flynn was being ruined financially to defend himself. He may have agreed to plead guilty to small charges just to end it. He may also have turned off the heat on his son.

Ledeen:

"I think the “guilty” plea tells us more about the Mueller investigation, and about the politicization of “justice” more generally, than it does about presumed malefactions by the retired general.

I think that Gen. Flynn admitted guilt in order to stop the pain for himself and his family."

also in the linked article:

According to another source, with direct knowledge of the Jan. 24 interview, FBI Dep Director McCabe had contacted Flynn by phone directly at the White House

White House officials had spent the “earlier part of the week with the FBI overseeing training and security measures associated with their new roles so it was no surprise to Flynn that McCabe had called,”

McCabe told Flynn “some agents were heading over (to the White House) but Flynn thought it was part of the routine work the FBI had been doing and said they would be cleared at the gate,”

“It wasn’t until after they were already in (Flynn’s) office that he realized he was being formally interviewed. He didn’t have an attorney with him,”

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Of all the many things to be upset about, and angry about, regarding The Swamp, to me the very worst of all is the corruption of the FBI. Under Comey, it began to transform into a heavily armed, extremely powerful force with a political agenda. Had Hillary been elected, the FBI would very soon have been the literal equivalent of Stasi.

Under Comey? When did Ruby Ridge and Waco happrm?

Janet Reno I think.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
A tyrannical FBI, accountable to no one-- above the law-- is the single greatest threat this country faces. That is the FBI that opened the investigation of Trump's Russian "collusion"-- which "investigation" was, and remains, in actuality nothing less than an attempted coup.

I bet the US Marines could do a pretty good job of clearing the Hoover Building.

True. But this country has a long history of NOT using our military on domestic targets. The FBI needs to be reigned in, but with indictments and hand cuffs not hand grenades.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
handy flowchart MSM uses to evaluate new legitimization...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
quote:
A tyrannical FBI, accountable to no one-- above the law-- is the single greatest threat this country faces. That is the FBI that opened the investigation of Trump's Russian "collusion"-- which "investigation" was, and remains, in actuality nothing less than an attempted coup.

I bet the US Marines could do a pretty good job of clearing the Hoover Building.

True. But this country has a long history of NOT using our military on domestic targets. The FBI needs to be reigned in, but with indictments and hand cuffs not hand grenades.

It’s agin the Posse Comitatus Act, 18 USC 1385, since 1872.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Whoa.

Even a liberal rag like New Republic is starting to sound alarmed at the Dems obsession with getting rid of Trump:
Eek

The Democrats’ Dangerous Obsession With Impeachment

The party needs to focus on winning elections, not removing Trump.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hannity covers the Clinton and Trump investigations. The Justice Dept/FBI personnel involved in both and the differences in how both investigations were conducted.

15 minutes long
Hannity: The American justice system is hanging by a thread

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
It looks like President Trump is going to recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel, and move the US embassy there. That should make for some interesting days ahead.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.826990

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
That will certainly cause a few more liberals to have meltdowns.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
A pattern has emerged over the past couple of years: the corruption in our government in Washington, including all its agencies, is revealed to be worse and worse, progressively even more corrupt than we had thought. The FBI is a case in point. Up until July of '16, most of us here thought that Comey was a straight-shooter, a man of integrity and commitment to duty.

HA!

His unmasking on July 5, however, was just the beginning. Since then we have learned more and more about the corruption of that agency at the top. Now we see that it exists as an enabling and enforcing strong arm of the Uniparty, especially the Clintons. It refuses to provide documents to Congressional committees, refuses to appear at Congressional hearings, as if it is literally above the law.

All this in a little over a year. From: Comey is a man of integrity. To: Comey is a rogue agent and the FBI a rogue agency.

Consider George Bush and the Bush family over roughly the same time period. Again, even if we were not fans of W, we thought he was a decent man from a family of distinguished service to our nation. Now we see that the Bushes are indistinguishable from the Clintons, self-seeking Uniparty elites, willing to damage and harm our country for their own gain.

The pattern has a way to go before it is done unfolding. The corruption is not only worse than we thought a year ago, but a year from now we will look back at how little we really knew in December of '17.

Trump's election was a monkey wrench thrown into the well-oiled machine of totalitarianism that was controlling more and more of Washington: congressmen, senators, DOJ, FBI, IRS, ATF, CIA, lobbyists, the MSM. At the controls of the machine for 8 years: Barack Hussein Obama. He was prepared to step aside for his successor, Hillary Clinton and her partner in crime.

We can see this much pretty clearly: a small number of extremely powerful elites would fundamentally transform America. In the worst possible way.

And it is not over. Today Mueller subpoenaed Trump's Deutche Bank records. It will not end. They will never give up. They need to be stopped.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
quote:

It’s agin the Posse Comitatus Act, 18 USC 1385, since 1872.

If you have an agency of government, and in this case one that has arrest powers, is armed and in open defiance of, not the government but the executive and legislative branches of government and you have already sent them multitudinous harsh memos which they apparently used to line their canary cages, then what?

They appear to be scofflaws of a very high order and there are 13,000 of them plus their lab rats.

Obviously all we can do is fix the glitch, stop paying them and maybe they will figure it out.

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
more fake news / false trail leaks... Trump's bank records subpoenaed - nope.

So what is happening? Hope it is flushing out the leakers on the team...

Trump attorney says there’s NO subpoena to Deutsche Bank from Mueller…

There’s been reports that Mueller has issued a subpoena to Deutsche Bank for Trump’s records:

NPR – Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly subpoenaed Trump family financial records from the German financial giant Deutsche Bank, a move that could signal a major new direction for his inquiry.

Deutsche Bank has so far not accommodated or discussed American requests for information about the Trumps’ accounts. The German business newspaper Handelsblatt, which first reported the subpoena, quoted a spokesman saying that the bank cooperates with official investigators but would not discuss individual cases.

If Mueller’s team is expanding its inquiry into the Trump family’s banking and financial arrangements, that could put it onto a collision course with the president.

But Fox News is reporting via John Roberts that Trump’s attorney Jay Sekulow has confirmed that there is no such subpoena that has been issued by the Special Counsel:

http://therightscoop.com/trump...e-bank-from-mueller/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If people can't see by now what a corrupt farce this "investigation" by Mueller is there is no helping them. It pained me to hear Trey Gowdy last night double down on his belief that Mueller is straight as an arrow and will conduct this honestly.

Justice is dead.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trey Gowdy is a very strange dude. He is the only politician I know who seems both smart and aggressive and totally clueless at the same time. I'm starting to feel about him the way I felt about Daryl Issa. Issa was all piss and vinegar, out to get the bad guys-- and ultimately you could be sure that not a damn thing would come of it.

I think Gowdy is a grandstander too.

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trey Gowdy is a very strange dude. He is the only politician I know who seems both smart and aggressive and totally clueless at the same time. I'm starting to feel about him the way I felt about Daryl Issa. Issa was all piss and vinegar, out to get the bad guys-- and ultimately you could be sure that not a damn thing would come of it.

What is he supposed to be doing, other than what he is doing?

He is an experienced prosecutor, sharing his ideas and benefit of his experience, explaining various events and topics now that he is a Congressman.

Congress is not a law enforcement agency, no law enforcement powers or roles. It can only investigate under the guise of learning what legislation might be needed, how best to update existing laws, oversee various activities. The powers it can exercise is very limited, as we’ve seen.

I think all the media coverage raises the false expectations of the public that the Congress is going after miscreants. It is not, and cannot.

I frankly appreciate Gowdy’s exolanations of why certain things are done, not done, can’t be done, and wish he did more of it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would have liked to hear him condemn the witch hunt that is Mueller's "investigation," as it drags on and on with not a shred of any kind of wrongdoing. Instead, I heard him last night endorse Mueller on Fox.

If you think Mueller is doing good work, fine for you. I don't. I think it is a thinly disguised attempted coup. So, someone in a position of political power, like Gowdy, who endorses him disappoints me.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
It looks like President Trump is going to recognize Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel, and move the US embassy there. That should make for some interesting days ahead.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.826990

Interesting days indeed.

Very bold move by the President.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:

All hat, no cattle.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
There is an issue w the tax reform that was working below the radar.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...im-child-tax-credit/

In the House bill, there was a clause that required those claiming the child tax credit to have a social security number. That would put a big dent in illegal aliens abusing the child tax credit.

But when the Senate came up w their version, there was a part that said

"No credit shall be allowed under this section to a taxpayer with respect to any qualifying child unless the taxpayer includes the name and Social Security number of such qualifying child on the return of tax for the taxable year”

So illegals w anchor babies could get the child tax credit.

The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996 (PRWOA) expressly provides that illegal aliens are “not eligible for any Federal public benefit.”

But as Jan Ting of the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) has explained at length, this benefit has continued to be available to illegals because the IRS has interpreted the ambiguity of the language of the current tax code to make no distinction between U.S. citizens and legal residents and claimants who have no right to be in the United States. A 2011 Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration report suggests credits like these are putting billions of dollars in the hands of illegals. It was this situation that led to Messer and others attempting to fix the loophole.

remains to be resolved.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I would have liked to hear him condemn the witch hunt that is Mueller's "investigation," as it drags on and on with not a shred of any kind of wrongdoing. Instead, I heard him last night endorse Mueller on Fox.

If you think Mueller is doing good work, fine for you. I don't. I think it is a thinly disguised attempted coup. So, someone in a position of political power, like Gowdy, who endorses him disappoints me.

I think in his position, he shouldn’t editorialize on subjects where he lacks complete information. I’ve seen him criticize various aspects of the investigation over the last few months. I just saw him on minutes ago expressing the idea that the latest developments make it worse. How did he “endorse” Mueller?

Gowdy isn’t in a position of political power, he’s a Congressman. He is in a position of some influence, and can be expected to bring that to bear when it counts.

Many are unhappy about Mueller, his appointment, his remit, his selection of assistants, how he ties his ties and everything else. There is no point in mouthing off about all this right now. The appointment has been made, the process is underway. Keep your powder dry, try not to shoot any friendlies, and watch it unfold.