SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
William Orrick III

a California 'judge'

just permanently banned Trump from cutting funding to sanctuary cities...

this is going to be fun

I wonder if our good 'judge' can withstand a shitload of scrutiny?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Don McGahn, White House Counsel, speaks at the Federalist Society Convention on rolling back the administrative state and appointing originalist judges

This is a speech by Don McGahn, Counsel to the President, speaking this week at the Federalist Society Convention.

It's long, but funny and incredibly encouraging, even exciting, for those of us who recognize the danger of the unaccountable administrative state. McGahn seems to be the brains behind the President's extraordinary choices to fill Federal judgeships, including Gorsuch's appointment to the Supreme Court.

My wife and I cheered.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Perhaps another judge should permanently ban Orrick (and other leftist judges) from exceeding their authority.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
just permanently banned Trump from cutting funding to sanctuary cities...

So what?
It means nothing, Feds can still cut them off.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
MAGA - letting our forces do what they are best at - killing people and breaking things (that need it).

The US is now hitting the Taliban way it hit ISIS

AIRPOWER UNLEASHED IN AFGHANISTAN: The strategy that took down the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria is now on full display in Afghanistan. U.S. Afghanistan commander Gen. John “Mick” Nicholson says that in the first “significant” use of expanded authorities he is now able to target the source of the Taliban’s power: Its estimated $200 million annual income from opium sales. Under President Barack Obama, U.S. commanders were barred from conducting offensive airstrikes against the Taliban. Airstrikes had to be defensive and conducted in proximity to Afghan forces on the ground. Under President Trump’s new strategy, the U.S. is free to seek and destroy the drug labs that are the lifeblood of the Taliban, in the same way the U.S. targeted oil trucks, refineries and cash storage that provided a steady stream of revenue for ISIS fighters in Iraq and Syria.

“These new authorities give me the ability to go after the enemy in ways that I couldn't before … to use airpower in the most effective way, going forward,” Nicholson told Pentagon reporters in a live briefing from his headquarters in Afghanistan. “We're hitting the Taliban where it hurts, which is their finances.”

BREAKING THE CYCLE, BREAKING THEIR WILL: The war in Afghanistan, now in its 17th year, has followed an unproductive pattern of a spring/summer “fighting season,” followed by a winter lull, where both sides lick their wounds and get ready for next year. But under the new strategy, the U.S. will methodically target drug production facilities over the winter to put increasing pressure on the Taliban. “Our message to the enemy is that you cannot win the war. It's time to lay down your arms and enter into a reconciliation process,” Nicholson said. “If they don't, they're going to be consigned to irrelevance as the Afghans expand their control of the country, or death.”

Nicholson sees three lines of increasing pressure on the Taliban: On the battlefield as Afghan forces are backed by the kind of air support that defeated ISIS; economic pressure by squeezing its revenue stream from opium; and social pressure from upcoming elections. “These forms of pressure is what will compel them to join the reconciliation process,” Nicholson said.

BY THE NUMBERS: Nicholson says the Taliban has become a full-fledged “narco-insurgency,” a criminal enterprise that makes its money by drug trafficking, illegal mining, kidnapping for hire and murder. “Profits from narcotics now exceed their operating expenses,” Nicholson said. “We find that the leadership of the Taliban fight over the money, and it's often divided along tribal lines.”

Percentage of world’s heroin linked to Taliban: 85 percent
Percentage of heroin in the U.S. from Afghanistan: 4 percent
Street value of Afghanistan opium: $60 billion
Estimated profit to Taliban: $200 million
Number of Taliban drug labs: 400-500
Number of Taliban drug labs destroyed Sunday: 10

F-22’S DEBUT: The first round of strikes followed three months of planning to make sure the U.S. knew the precise locations of Taliban drug production facilities, and matched the right muntion to each target. That resulted in the first airstrike by the F-22 stealth fighter in Afghanistan. Because the Raptor is an air superiority fighter, its use raised some eyebrows, but Nicholson explained the F-22 was pressed into service because it can carry a small diameter 250-pound bomb that was needed to avoid collateral damage.

AFGHANISTAN’S SUPER TUCANOS: While U.S. B-52s did the heavy bombing, Afghanistan’s fledging air force was technically leading the Sunday attacks. The service bombed two of the drug labs with its A-29 Super Tucano light attack aircraft, and the U.S. destroyed eight other targets with B-52s and an F-22. In one case, Nicholson said a B-52 dropped a 2,000-pound bomb on a facility where over 50 barrels of opium were cooking at the time of the strike, worth millions of dollars. The claim reflects the level of intelligence the U.S. has about what was going on at the target.

http://www.washingtonexaminer....isis/article/2177007

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Don McGahn, White House Counsel, speaks at the Federalist Society Convention on rolling back the administrative state and appointing originalist judges

This is a speech by Don McGahn, Counsel to the President, speaking this week at the Federalist Society Convention.

It's long, but funny and incredibly encouraging, even exciting, for those of us who recognize the danger of the unaccountable administrative state. McGahn seems to be the brains behind the President's extraordinary choices to fill Federal judgeships, including Gorsuch's appointment to the Supreme Court.

My wife and I cheered.

It is discouraging to see such a message delivered so poorly. It is not often that a poor public speaker rises to such prominence in our profession.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's about time they started going after the dope. We should have been spraying herbicides on the poppy fields beginning 9/12/01.

Posts: 20064 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
More MAGA success ignored/downplayed by media: LINK

One excuse: Trump didn't tweet about it. So the GDCs at the MSM don't feel they need to cover anything unless Trump tweets about it? What kind of bullshit is that?

quote:
Why no one is talking about Trump’s game-changing deal
By Salena Zito November 18, 2017 | 1:14pm | Updated

[Go to URL to view photo of "thumbs up" Trump] President Trump's vow of job growth during the campaign won him strong support in West Virginia. REUTERS

Glen Dale, W. Va. — Bad news travels fast. Good news, meanwhile, doesn’t seem to travel at all.

Last weekend in Beijing, as part of his 12-day trip to Asia, President Trump announced that the US and China had signed an $83.7 billion memorandum of understanding to create a number of petrochemical projects in West Virginia over the next 20 years.

If the agreement holds tight, it is an economic game changer for the state.

And yet, speaking to the locals here, you wouldn’t even know it had happened.

“I am surprised I heard nothing about it on the national news, nor in my local paper and newscasts,” said Jerald Stephens, 67, a West Virginia native and union rep, who has been a keen observer of local politics for as long as he can remember.

The BBC and CNN covered the news in their business sections, while The New York Times picked up a short story by The Associated Press on the deal. The stories’ headlines were muted; their placement low-key.

“One would have suspected that the prospect of an investment this large — nearly three times the total annual budget for the department of energy — would have been front-page news,” said Paul Sracic, political-science professor at nearby Youngstown State University.

Part of this is the fault of the president himself. He never once tweeted about his deal to his 42.8 million followers, but instead used Twitter to attack old foes on his trip, including the media (“While in the Philippines I was forced to watch @CNN, which I have not done in months, and again realized how bad, and FAKE, it is. Loser!”) and the leader of North Korea (“Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me ‘old,’ when I would NEVER call him ‘short and fat?’ Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend — and maybe someday that will happen!”).

His fighting talk was covered hungrily by a hostile mainstream media, while his more constructive work got buried.

So far, the details about how China Energy will invest nearly $84 billion in West Virginia — the biggest of several deals totaling $250 billion signed by Trump in China — are scant. The first stage is reportedly scheduled to begin in the next six to eight months with the building of at least two natural gas-fired power plants likely located in Brooke and Harrison counties, both of which have suffered substantial job and population losses, as well as wage stagnation, over the past 30 years.

I suspect he will likely get little credit for [this] in the national news

It’s significant that this solid-red state, which Trump doesn’t need to woo for reelection in 2020, will benefit.

West Virginia and the areas of Pennsylvania and Ohio that border the state represent our coal and natural-gas country. But while voters in all three places matter, they matter a lot more in the swing states of Ohio and Pennsylvania where Electoral College votes can decide an entire election.

“We really have no influence or power here, so that is interesting to me that he still kept his promise to us, something I suspect he will likely get little credit for in the national news,” said Stephens, who voted for Trump.

Joe Manchin, the Democratic US senator from West Virginia, said he has yet to be briefed on the terms of the deal, but he is both thrilled about its possibilities while remaining cautious about its execution. He wants to ensure that the state doesn’t sell off its assets and properties to China as part of the agreement, which could enable the communist country to own part of our power grid. “We have to make sure it is good for the economy of our state, that the workers of our state get the benefits of the jobs, and that the nation is secure,” he told The Post.

West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice has insisted that the state hasn’t offered any sweetheart deals to China Energy in return for its investment, nor have any tax breaks been extended to date. Those in West Virginia who end up getting hired, meanwhile, are not going to complain about working for an Asian superpower.

The media has often mocked Trump’s promise of jobs to the Heartland as empty campaign rhetoric. How, they asked, will his voters react when they find out he can’t deliver?

This deal suggests that Trump hasn’t forgotten what really matters to his base, but few are giving him props for it.

Stephens finds the lack of coverage telling. “I can guarantee you if anyone not named Trump had made this kind of deal for West Virginia, it would have at least been a panel discussion or two on a cable news channel.”

Once again, the media is missing a story that matters to the American people outside the liberal echo chamber. But it would have helped if Trump had shouted about his own success.

He did it last year when he brought jobs back to the Carrier plant in Indianapolis even before he was president and tweeted out his victory, leading to blanket media coverage. This time, he failed to celebrate a win and the news was happily ignored. Trump needs to remember that his megaphone isn’t just for the haters, but for the voters who are desperate to finally see real change.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.washingtonexaminer....sier/article/2641207

An August 24, 2017 subpoena from the House Intelligence Committee to the FBI and Justice Department asked for information on the bureau's efforts to validate the dossier. Specifically, the subpoena demanded "any documents, if they exist, that memorialize DOJ and/or FBI efforts to corroborate, validate, or evaluate information provided by Mr. Steele and/or sub-sources and/or contained in the 'Trump Dossier.'"

According to sources familiar with the matter, neither the FBI nor the Justice Department has provided documents in response to that part of the committee's subpoena

But in face-to-face briefings with congressional staff, according to those sources, FBI and DOJ officials have said they cannot verify the dossier's charges of a conspiracy between the Russian government and the Trump campaign.

so how does POS DEM Adam Schiff describe this situation ?

"A lot of it has turned out to be true,"

"The biggest thing that I think people need to realize about the dossier is that Christopher Steele discovered that the Russians were embarked on a broad effort to help the Trump campaign before our own intelligence agencies came to the same conclusion,"

"In the broadest outline of what he investigated, he proved more than prescience — he proved accurate in terms of the Russian involvement and what their motivations were."

in other words, they haven't proven any of the dossier claims to be true

"in the broadest outline" is the best Schiff can do

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Schiff is a scumbag and WHY THE HELL aren't the DOJ and the FBI cooperating with congress???

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Has Mueller Abandoned The Trump/Russia Collusion Investigation?

https://www.investors.com/poli...eller-investigation/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from lbj's link:

"With each passing day, this is looking less and less like a legitimate investigation and more like an attempt by the Washington establishment to stage a palace coup against a duly elected president."

Muellar may be focusing on Donald Trump firing Comey for an investigation that should never have started.

Keep all this in mind for when Muellar starts going after people w prosecutions.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If Mueller can't find it, he will make it up. His handlers have told him not to finish until he does. And until someone begins to investigate the left, he will continue.

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Remember the MAGA Hat thief?

Accused 'Make America Great Again' hat thief could face jail time

A University of California, Riverside student could face jail time after she was seen in a now-viral video appearing to swipe a "Make America Great Again" hat from a fellow Highlander.

Edith Macias allegedly snatched Matthew Vitale’s MAGA hat before going on a bizarre, profanity-laced tirade in the video, shot by Vitale.

The Riverside County District Attorney’s Office told Fox News that, if convicted, Macias faced a maximum sentence of up to one year in county jail.

“I’m very excited that the DA’s office took it seriously,” Vitale told Fox News. “We can’t thank UCPD enough.”

According to the criminal complaint, Macias is being charged with a misdemeanor offense of petty theft in the Sept. 27 incident. A spokesman for the DA’s office said the next court date is set for March.

Vitale, a member of the UC Riverside Republicans, pressed charges after the incident, in which he said Macias stole his pro-Trump hat off his head during a campus meeting and refused to give it back -- before two police officers responded to the scene and intervened.

According to the arrest warrant, Macias told one of the officers she wanted to burn the MAGA hat because she believed the words “Make America Great Again” represented the “genocide of a bunch of people.”

The police officers were able to review video from both Macias’ and Vitale’s Facebook pages, which appeared to showed Macias physically removing the hat from Vitale’s head and running away with it, then repeatedly refusing to return in. Vitale eventually got his hat back -- after Macias is seen in the video giving it to university staff who then turn the hat over to its owner.

Vitale said he was “disappointed” after University Chancellor Kim A. Wilcox issued a diplomatic statement noting that, “coequal to our dedication to mutual respect, is our commitment to free speech and the free exchange of ideas.”

“I get the feeling that the school didn’t take it very seriously,” Vitale said.

Inspired by the incident, Vitale and other College Republicans in Southern California started instituting "MAGA Mondays," in which they proudly display their Trump gear on campus -- including the same hat Macias allegedly stole.

“I do, very proudly, wear my MAGA hat,” Vitale said, though he added it was never about the $25 ball cap.

“I’m not doing this to be punitive or see her rot in jail,” he said. “I want people my age to realize that things like this aren’t tolerated in America. We just want to have our rights guaranteed and that’s what it’s all about.”

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Has Mueller Abandoned The Trump/Russia Collusion Investigation?

https://www.investors.com/poli...eller-investigation/

the POS is still drawing a paycheck...

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
now Sebelius jumps in.

this whole thing does have a sense of an organized plot

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/...-behavior/index.html

a senior Democratic leader says her party should reflect on how it handled such charges when they were leveled against former President Bill Clinton.

"Not only did people look the other way, but they went after the women who came forward and accused him," says Kathleen Sebelius, the former secretary of Health and Human Services and Kansas governor. "And so it doubled down on not only bad behavior but abusive behavior. And then people attacked the victims."

Sebelius extended her criticism to Hillary Clinton, and the Clinton White House for what she called a strategy of dismissing and besmirching the women who stepped forward—a pattern she said is being repeated today by alleged perpetrators of sexual assault—saying that the criticism of the former first lady and Secretary of State was "absolutely" fair.

Sebelius noted that the Clinton Administration's response was being imitated, adding that "you can watch that same pattern repeat, It needs to end. It needs to be over."

do you think the DEMs are setting the stage for another massive attack on President Trump ?

The Russia thing isn't getting them where they want to go.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

do you think the DEMs are setting the stage for another massive attack on President Trump ?

Definitely.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Maybe they are trying to round up some accusers, cleaning up their year books, square away the witnesses corroborating the stories.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I would think if there were women who were going to claim Trump harassed them 40 years ago, they would have already come forward. As is said in the courtroom.....question has been asked and answered. All that stuff was brought to light when they uncovered the Bang Bros. bus conversation about Trump grabbing someone's taint. Asked and answered right before the election and it still didn't matter...the man is my President.

What more can "they" drum up that's going to contain an ounce of credibility??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
we should start emailing this out to every judge in the country that thinks they're smarter than Trump