SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"Van Jones: I had Muslim friends who came from countries like Somalia asking, "Should we leave the country tonight?" Because in their countries of origin, if a president that hostile takes power, they might start rounding up people in the morning." <---Irony within irony within irony.

http://www.esquire.com/news-po...6-behind-the-scenes/

Many, many thin layers of irony. With a creamy bullshit filling. It's like the baklava of ironic bullshit. Just... so many layers. So flaky. So rich.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
One year ago I drove my Chevy to the levy as the music died for Hillary. Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
in case you want to live that evening over again.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/9570044383/p/904

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

Yeah, you know we're all in trouble when I represent the voice of reason and calm. Razz

In honor of today and all the short-sighted, tiny-brained fucksticks who never saw it coming, I give you this guy. Wink

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
he wants water...$6 a bottle - just like Vegas

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In honor of today and all the short-sighted, tiny-brained fucksticks who never saw it coming, I give you this guy. Wink

I love his Hopi Indian Water dance Big Grin

Pepper spray is awesome.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
LOL Para! Yes Indeed. I enojyed your Mombassa line a third time today.

Did he ask the guy with pitbull "give me water michael vick?"

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Let's compare and contrast China's treatment of Trump versus Zippy, just for chuckles. Remember when China forgot to send out the stairs to the front door of Air Force 1, and he had to use the back stairs?

All a "simple misunderstanding" in a culture where "face" is crucial, and the smallest items are carefully considered. Misunderstanding my ass, they showed the Kenyan what they really thought. And what do they seem to think of President Trump? Perhaps they see him as an actual leader, a man of power to be carefully treated? No misunderstandings so far. Doubt there will be any, as China does not want any mis-steps.

People’s Republic of China Grants Trump An Honor No Foreign Leader Has Had Since Its Founding

President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump are being treated like royalty on their first official visit to China.

Trump and his wife were granted a rare dinner at the Forbidden City, an honor that has not been bestowed on a foreign leader since the founding of the People’s Republic of China 68 years ago.

The president and first lady arrived in China, the third leg of Trump’s two-week Asia tour, Wednesday afternoon. After landing in Beijing, Trump and Melania toured the Forbidden City with Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Peng Liyuan.

The Forbidden City, a massive palace complex, was the residence of the imperial family for centuries. At this world-famous site, which was shut down for this special visit, the leaders of two of the world’s most powerful countries enjoyed a Peking Opera performance and a dinner together. Such treatment is notably different from what former President Barack Obama received on his farewell tour.

Obama was “snubbed” by the Chinese when he visited Beijing for the G-20 summit last year.

“Xi is going to treat Trump almost like an emperor,” Ming Wang, a professor of government and politics at George Mason University, told CNN, arguing that China “will give Trump an exceptional reception, essentially they’ll try to make Trump happy.”

Whether Trump will be swayed by such treatment remains to be seen. The president is expected to press China on issues concerning bilateral trade and North Korea, two huge problems impacting the bilateral relationship. While Trump has spoken highly of China’s president, the country’s strongest leader in decades, on numerous occasions, his administration has not hesitated to antagonize the Chinese on matters impacting U.S. strategic national interests.

It remains to be seen whether talks between Trump and Xi will be productive or largely ceremonial.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11...tm_source=site-share

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait, so weak sauce, bowing Obama didn't get to dine in the Forbidden City??

Well Trump can cross that off his bucket list.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
and the problem is? nothing I can think of... Go T-Rex, keep draining the swamp in Foggy Bottom. And who the hell thought it was a good idea to unionize the foreign service? I expected they'd serve for God and Country, not for the benefits.

State Department Senior Ranks Thinning At ‘Dizzying Speed,’ Ambassador Says

President Donald Trump’s administration policies are eroding the State Department’s cadre of senior diplomats, according to a career ambassador who leads the principal labor union for foreign service officers.

Barbara Stephenson, the president of the American Foreign Service Association (AFSA), says a steep reduction in promotions under Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has depleted the ranks of senior leadership at a “dizzying speed.”

State’s foreign service officer corps has lost 60 percent of its career ambassadors since January, Stephenson wrote in an advance copy of her column for AFSA’s Foreign Service Journal. Career ministers — one rank below ambassador and the diplomatic equivalent of a three-star general — have fallen from 33 to 19 over the same time period. The ranks of “two-star” minister counselors have fallen from 431 immediately after Labor Day to 369 today, and are “still falling,” she said.

The thinning of the senior ranks will cause “serious, immediate, and tangible” harm to State’s ability to carry out foreign policy, Stephenson argues.

“These numbers are hard to square with the stated agenda of making State and the Foreign Service stronger,” she wrote. “Were the U.S. military to face such a decapitation of its leadership ranks, I would expect a public outcry.”

Stephenson’s assessment comes amid a department-wide restructuring at State, the signature management initiative of Tillerson’s tenure. At Trump’s direction, Tillerson has been tasked with identifying areas where State’s sprawling bureaucracy can be streamlined and redundant offices can be merged with others or closed altogether.

Tillerson has implemented a hiring freeze and slashed promotions during the redesign. He has also left many senior political appointments unfilled — State only has seven high-level political appointees confirmed by the Senate and working today, other than the secretary of state himself.

The hiring freeze and departure of senior officers are having an effect at the entry-level ranks, as well, Stephenson says. After accepting 366 new foreign service officers in 2016, the department is set to bring on around 100 entry-level diplomats in 2018. The squeeze at both ends of the department has led to reduced interest among potential job candidates in foreign service careers, Stephenson wrote, noting that fewer than half as many people took the foreign service officer test this year as they did in 2016.

Retired senior diplomats have applauded some of Tillerson’s cuts to the State bureaucracy, particularly his shuttering of several “special envoy” offices widely seen as obsolete or counterproductive. Many diplomats worry Tillerson is willingly diminishing State, however, the administration bases foreign policy making in the National Security Council and a small group of advisers in the West Wing.

“Where … does the impetus come from to weaken the American Foreign Service?” Stephenson asked in her column. “Where is the mandate to pull the Foreign Service team from the field and forfeit the game to our adversaries?”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11...eed-ambassador-says/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...8001/?#sp=show-clips

Republicans are watering down Trump’s tax plan: Herman Cain

Nov. 08, 2017 - 4:51 - Former presidential candidate Herman Cain on how Republicans are hurting President Trump’s tax reform agenda.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

I was proud to spend this evening one year ago today contributing to that thread with my fellow Sigforum members. Oh how I feel so much better today than I did going into that morning last year. I had hope but I didn't believe. By 3:00 am the next morning I was amazed!

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
In other news:

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Zero evidence, I think.

"A bombshell report jolted the Senate race in Alabama yesterday as a woman accused GOP candidate Roy Moore of asking her out when she was only 14 years old and then kissing and touching her during two meetings at his house. 

'If these allegations are true, he must step aside,' said McConnell of Kentucky, who had backed Sen. Luther Strange in the primary he lost to Moore…"

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...r-old-girl-1979.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

MSNBC’s Jacob Soboroff interviewed Latino Trump voters one year after the election and discovered that many are thrilled with how the president is running the country.

Perhaps expecting the Latino Trump supporters regret their vote, Soboroff seemed somewhat surprised when a Latino radio host and his listeners had nothing but praise for Trump.

“Are you still happy with the way that you voted and the way that he’s doing?” Soboroff asked the radio host.

“Yes, especially in the economy,” he responded. “We are growing at 3.1 percent.”

“What surprised me most when I was here last time, so many of your listeners called in and said to me, ‘it doesn’t matter that I’m Latino, it doesn’t matter that Donald Trump has insulted so many members of my race,'” Soboroff recalled. “I wanna know, a year later, do people out there, do your listeners feel the same way?”

“I feel way way way better with this president than before he was president,” one listener said. “I will vote for him again.”

Soboroff asked a listener how he felt about Trump ending DACA, and the listener countered that Trump did not specifically end DACA, but allowed it to expire under Obama’s rule.

“I voted for Donald Trump … and at this point in my life I am not sorry,” a female listener said. “I am very proud of Donald Trump to be my president.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11...th-their-vote-video/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just read where a federal judge tossed the email lawsuit saying the FBI did everything it could

thats the funniest thing I've read all day Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Judge Janine & Gregg Jarret gnarring at the email/Comey/etc travesty with great vigor.

I wonder if there is a back-room deal pending for the various sides to shut up and back away from their public, or at least their 'legal' positions and calls for stringent & immediate punishment of the opponent.

These 2 seem to at least have a past career based on legal education, training and employment. They seem to have facts at hand that are ignored at will.

The pace of the Daily Soap seems unconnected with real events.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...7001/?#sp=show-clips

Trump has enhanced America’s relationship with China: Jack Keane

Nov. 10, 2017 - 6:07 - General Jack Keane (Ret.) on how President Trump’s Asian tour is helping America’s relationship with China.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The thinning of the senior ranks will cause “serious, immediate, and tangible” harm to State’s ability to carry out foreign policy, Stephenson argues.

So this witch believes that performance at the organization level depends on increasing manpower?!?!?!

Gots news for that idiot, throwing more incompetent people at a problem does not solve the problem!

Maybe she should be the next one to be dismissed.

W/O bennies, of course

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post