SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

I really like that picture.

First,
It shows three of our Presidents (including our first and second black Presidents ) looking very handsome and well dressed and happy.

Second,

It reminds me that turning the ship of state is more like turning a giant freighter at sea than a personal watercraft.

We are making good headway now, after many four year terms of steering into certain disaster.

Stay the course. Never give up.

IF those three posed together today, they wouldn't look so self-satisfied.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I want to apologize to the organizers of the Women’s Convention for not being able to attend your conference next Friday in Detroit. Given the emergency situation in Puerto Rico, I will be traveling there to visit with San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz and other officials to determine the best way forward to deal with the devastation the island is experiencing," he said in a statement.
Huh? Did I miss something along the way? What does this old fool have to with the Puerto Rico response? As I see it, absolutely nothing. Just another opportunity for a photo op as he tries to help the Dem's stir the pot against this president. By the way, how's his wife's criminal investigation coming?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
http://www.dailywire.com/news/...m_campaign=mattwalsh

quote:
After White House Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly gave a deeply personal and emotionally-charged statement against the politicization of fallen soldiers and their grieving families, Florida Democratic Congresswoman Frederica Wilson laughed to reporters about her role in stirring up the controversy over President Trump's painful call to a Gold Star widow.

"You mean to tell me that I have become so important that the White House is following me and my words," Rep. Wilson laughingly told Miami 7 News on Thursday. "That's amazing! This is amazing! That is absolutely phenomenal! I'll have to tell my kids that I'm a rock star now!"

What Wilson is so flippantly laughing off is a controversy she helped inflame when she accused President Trump of handling a call to the Gold Star widow of fallen soldier Army Sgt. La David Johnson in a supposedly callous manner. Along with the widow, Wilson, who says she was on the speaker phone when Trump called, accused Trump of saying callously that Sgt. Johnson "knew what he was getting into."

In a briefing on Thursday, Gen. Kelly condemned the politicization of grieving Gold Star families and said he was "stunned and broken-hearted at what I saw a member of Congress doing." He also described what went on behind the scenes leading up to the call and explained how difficult those calls are to make.

Kelly said he advised Trump to say, "He was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1%. He knew what the possibilities were because we were at war. And when he died he was surrounded by the best men on this Earth, his friends."

That's what the President tried to say to the four families the other day," said Kelly, who lost his own son in combat in 2010 during Barack Obama's presidency.

Rep. Wilson responded by cynically accusing Kelly of simply trying to "keep his job."

"John Kelly’s trying to keep his job," said Wilson. "He will say anything. There were other people who heard what I heard."

After clearly enjoying her time in the limelight over the controversy on Thursday, the congresswoman issued a statement saying she would no longer comment publicly on Trump's call to Johnson. "The congresswoman will not be making any further comment on the issue because the focus should be on helping a grieving widow and family heal, not on her or Donald Trump," Wilson's spokesperson told the media Thursday.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
George W. Bush is a giant tool.

He should go back to painting stupid shit in his bathtub.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I like George W. Bush. I've always thought he was one of the more decent human beings in politics.
The left ridiculed him, demeaned him and demonized him while he was in office and afterwards. Now that he has criticized a Republican, he's their elder statesman spouting wisdom that everyone needs to heed. It's unfortunate to see him become another useful idiot of the left.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
A Gold Star widow released a copy of the President's call.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10...lled-in-afghanistan/

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I like George W. Bush. I've always thought he was one of the more decent human beings in politics.
The left ridiculed him, demeaned him and demonized him while he was in office and afterwards. Now that he has criticized a Republican, he's their elder statesman spouting wisdom that everyone needs to heed. It's unfortunate to see him become another useful idiot of the left.

He used to run his trap about "global community", even when he was in office. Thankfully we're all awake now to see what kind of horse shit he meant.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Thankfully we're all awake now to see what kind of horse shit he meant.
Yes, wide awake.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

That was a very nice call. God bless that family.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I recall that Ted Cruz went to GWB for support, saying he was running against establishment Republicans; Bush told him that meant him.

Posts: 18045 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The "establishment" is the slimy muck base of the swamp. The essence of the swamp. For them, government is all about personal enrichment and power. What disgusts me most about them is the pretense to patriotism, to love of America, when the only love they have is for their own slithering, scaled ass.

The swamp has been drained enough, though, that we can see the creatures clearly. And the biggest, fattest, among them are the Bushes and the Clintons.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:

My screen got a little blurry there. Sounds like we lost a good one there.

I'm sure it meant a lot to her to get a personal call from the President thanking her for the sacrifice her husband made for our country.

May God bless that family.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:
In other news the Senate just passed a budget blueprint that puts them one step closer to a tax cut.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m...get-vote-senate.html

I have no doubt that it will raise my taxes. I hope not too much.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here ya go, Georgie: Salvo

quote:
Former White House adviser Steve Bannon widened his assault on the Republican establishment Friday night, saying former GOP President George W. Bush had the most “destructive” presidency in U.S. history.

Bannon's scathing comments at the annual California Republican Party convention came about a week after Bush denounced bigotry in Trump-era American politics and warned that the rise of isolationism and "nativism," which Bannon espouses, have clouded the nation's true identity.

"There has not been a more destructive presidency than George Bush's," Bannon said.

He also said Bush has no idea whether "he is coming or going, just like it was when he was president,” amid boos in the crowd at the mention of Bush's name.

Bannon made the remarks in a speech thick with attacks on the Washington status quo, echoing his earlier calls for an "open revolt" against establishment Republicans. He called the "permanent political class" one of the great dangers faced by the country.
How ya like that, Georgie? The truth is that there is one reason only that you were elected POTUS. Here, Georgie, see if this quote from the late Robin Williams provides your tiny brain with a clue:

"Some are born great. Some achieve greatness. Some get it as a graduation gift."

He was taking about you, specifically, Georgie, when he made this remark. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

I disowned your dumb, traitorous ass a while back, Georgie, and your latest idiotic drivel merely confirms my decision.

Your lame-ass milquetoast brother never had a chance at the Presidency, even though you and other members of your family were certain that he deserved the office for the same non-reason as you getting elected- your deddy was da preezy. Sorry, that's nowhere near good enough. Donald Trump earned his victory. He earned it, buddy boy, unlike you, Mister Nepotism.

"Permanent political class" and "Uniparty". You should familiarize yourself with these terms if you're determined to run your suck in public again.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Screw the entire Bush clan! Every single one of them. They are no better than the Clintons.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
As my mother would so eloquently state, "They're just a bunch of asshole buddies". LMAO...gotta love mom!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No better than the Clintons? Sorry, I'd argue against that. Barbara Bush and Laura Bush vs Hillary Clinton. Come on. Would you call Barbara or Laura Bush a hyper-corrupt gangster?

Bill Clinton is a complete sleaze. Some of the Bush boys may not be too bright and may not project strength, but they're still better than Bill Clinton.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I no longer have the respect for George II that I once did, but anyone who believes that the entire Bush “clan” is no better than the Clintons simply hasn’t been paying attention to what’s important.

But then it seems there has been a lot of that going around for a long time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yes, yes, I bet crabs is better than syphilis, too, but I want nothing to do with either one.

quote:
He called the "permanent political class" one of the great dangers faced by the country.

Painful truths, whether referred to as the swamp, the establishment, the uni-party, or the above.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
George W. Bush is a giant tool.

He should go back to painting stupid shit in his bathtub.

One good thing about Dubya – he wasn't Algore.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post