SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, all of this is a complete surprise to showpro. He had no idea what he'd be in for if he waded into the middle of this thread with the remarks he's made. Gosh, who'da thunk that some members would react harshly? Yep, it's all a big mystery and he's being treated so unfairly. How could he have known? We're just not fair, that's what it comes down to. We need to try to open our minds. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:

I want to see him succeed. I want to see him govern. So far, I see little hope of that.

If you have not seen it, then you simply don't want to see it. Perhaps you should climb down off your high horse and take your own advice. I "implore you." Roll Eyes

The best President this country has had in decades, and that is quantifiable.

A moment like we had today in the press briefing with Gen. Kelly is a perfect example of the type of direction and leadership that our country and federal government now finally has and that many of us here have been desperately praying for after the last eight years. And it is all thanks to President Trump.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The presser with General Kelly today was epic. It was not scripted, not contrived. It was simple, direct, from the heart of a man, a Marine, who lost his son in battle and who loves this country and everything it has stood for historically.

If that bad joke of a Congresswoman had any shame, any soul, she would be ashamed to appear in public. Along with that gaggle of "journalists" who enable and empower her and other fools like her.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The presser with General Kelly today was epic. It was not scripted, not contrived. It was simple, direct, from the heart of a man, a Marine, who lost his son in battle and who loves this country and everything it has stood for historically.

If that bad joke of a Congresswoman had any shame, any soul, she would be ashamed to appear in public. Along with that gaggle of "journalists" who enable and empower her and other fools like her.

What a great man and great press conference. I watched all 19 minutes and had pride in this man the entire speech.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I was moved and humbled by what General Kelly said today. We're lucky to have people like him willing to serve our country.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
quote:

What a great man and great press conference. I watched all 19 minutes and had pride in this man the entire speech.

I've watched it three times now in its entirety. Still gets to me.

"The selfless devotion to give one's life for his or her country..."

That resonates.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Start watching the opposition research hit pieces against General Kelly show up.

Notice how it cycles. Sessions gets lit up for a week or so, nothing happens. T Rex gets the treatment, nothing happens. Mnuchin, DeVos, on and on.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:

You don't see that kind of presser everyday. You could hear a pin drop in that briefing room. We'll see if any of it sunk in with the press corps. (Spoiler alert: It didn't). But, man, the General gave them the biggest ass-whooping they've ever seen, and they don't even realize it.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Enjoy: LINK

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
comments made by CIA Director Mike Pompeo:

Speaking more broadly about his actions at the CIA, he said that it would “become a much more vicious agency" in fighting adversaries.

He said he had “asked officers to reengage out in the field” and told the agency that he was “ready to accept more risk” to obtain important intelligence through “traditional espionage” or human spying.

Pompeo said US allies “are thrilled at the CIA’s return to the traditional understanding that it is out on freedom’s frontier.”

Addressing his and the CIA’s relationship with Trump, Pompeo said sometimes “the president asks really very diff questions. He challenges us where he thought we were in the wrong place. We went back to validate our work, or correct it if we had it wrong.”

Crucially, he said, “the president has promised he will have our backs” and beyond just the question “of funding.”

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-Ea...path-to-nukes-507909

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
quote:

I have a lot of respect for General Kelly. The last thing he wanted to do was to talk publicly about losing his son. Amazing press conference.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:
I'd simply implore you to take a step back once in a while and try to look at things from the other side's perspective. Play your own devil's advocate. Do it honestly and openly, with some empathy. You'll learn a lot.

I dont think I could stick my head that far up my own ass, showpro....

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
George W. Bush hinted Thursday

Bush can go fuck himself, too much of a pussy to ever defend himself - he seems to forget what a buffoon the left and the media thought he was. We will listen to you Georgie if you bash Trump. What an idiot.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:

Bush can go fuck himself, too much of a pussy to ever defend himself - he seems to forget what a buffoon the left and the media thought he was. We will listen to you Georgie if you bash Trump. What an idiot.

Bush was "above" criticizing his attackers.
Bush was "above" criticizing Obama.
Bush was Not "above" criticizing Trump.

Fuck him and the Jeb he rode in on.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
In other news the Senate just passed a budget blueprint that puts them one step closer to a tax cut.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m...get-vote-senate.html

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a few days ago I posted that Bernie Sanders would be the kick off speaker for the Women’s March’s first annual National Women’s Convention.

Well, that changed. Bernie suddenly decided that he needed to go to Puerto Rico and meet w San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz.

“I want to apologize to the organizers of the Women’s Convention for not being able to attend your conference next Friday in Detroit. Given the emergency situation in Puerto Rico, I will be traveling there to visit with San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz and other officials to determine the best way forward to deal with the devastation the island is experiencing," he said in a statement.

I wonder if this had anything to do w his urgent need to go to PR:

The senator’s decision to visit the island territory comes after he faced fierce backlash from feminists for speaking at a women’s event.

A petition by more than 11,000 people was also signed asking the organizers of the convention to reconsider Sanders’s role.

"We feel that by inviting Sen. Sanders, the organizers of the Women's Convention have turned their backs on any sense of unity that the Women's March embodied in order to further one person's political career," the petition read.

To complete the phony bunch of lies and BS, the Women's March tweeted:

We'll miss @SenSanders at the #WomensConvention next week. Puerto Rico needs our support.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-convention-n2397877

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:

Amazing all the hard work on the progressive Globalization thingy house of cards by you three. And we finally had enough so when a true Patriot ran for office we jumped at electing him! And your dreams of a one world order went spiraling down the commode of bad ideas. Just think Gents not a fellow Politician is putting your ideas where they belong but a Real Estate Mogul. I think that's what is bugging them the most. They still can't believe it's happening.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Uniparty

Anyone who doesn't know by now that there is no real distinction between the Republican and Democratic parties is not paying attention. It's glaringly apparent now.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Uniparty

Anyone who doesn't know by now that there is no real distinction between the Republican and Democratic parties is not paying attention. It's glaringly apparent now.

Yup. The (R) vs. (D) thing is a distraction. Too bad. I liked that Silent Cal fella.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Uniparty

Yup. The (R) vs. (D) thing is a distraction. Too bad. I liked that Silent Cal fella.

Agreed.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post