SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The NFL is a business, a money game and that's it. Once the NFL admits to themselves that these players kneeling, holding hands etc during the anthem are the ones putting the hurt on their money game they will do something about it. Right now they are in denial.

Trump with his remarks must scare the living shit out of them and they may now wake up to it. Having a sitting president tell people to stand up and walk out of the stadium must be horrifying to them. The people who voted for Trump are also the core audience who watch these games.

Given Trump is good friends with many of the NFL owners this must have raised a eyebrow or two with them as well.
Trump is not afraid to stick his thumb in the eye of friend or foe when he sees something wrong.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
There are still a lot of good people in the NFL. It's not a homogeneous mass of thugs, like a lot of people try to make it out to be.

This will be fixed.

Posts: 5132 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's refreshing when someone has the balls to tell the truth. I lack tact too so Trump is inspirational in his straight forward approach.

Plus Trump can talk to the owners as an equal.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is great. Unlike previous inhabitants of the Oval Office Trump isn't impressed with celebrity because he's one himself.

quote:
Trump rescinds Stephen Curry’s invitation to White House

http://nypost.com/2017/09/23/t...tion-to-white-house/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Pardon my French, but FUCK YOU Roger Goodell. YOU could have nipped ALL OF THIS nonsense in the bud, but you chose to do nothing.

Mad

NFL's Goodell: Trump's 'divisive comments' show a 'lack of respect'

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Smith is a POS. I met him last year before the election. I thought he would be talking about contracts, Brady appeal, or concussions. Everything was about Hillary. Now he's talking about constitutional rights. Nobody has constitutional rights in the workplace. For this he gets paid close to $3million per year.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Pardon my French, but FUCK YOU Roger Goodell. YOU could have nipped ALL OF THIS nonsense in the bud, but you chose to do nothing.

Mad

NFL's Goodell: Trump's 'divisive comments' show a 'lack of respect'
OMG, I love it. This guy couldn't have sounded more clueless if he had tried. For him to yammer about "divisiveness" in the face of the bullshit being pulled by these spoiled brat players, tells me that the guy hasn't a single clue as to how all of this is being perceived by the American public.

Say somethin' else, Rog! You're helping. Really, you are.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Smith is a POS. I met him last year before the election. I thought he would be talking about contracts, Brady appeal, or concussions. Everything was about Hillary. Now he's talking about constitutional rights. Nobody has constitutional rights in the workplace. For this he gets paid close to $3million per year.

Who is Smith?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Goodell:

“The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture,”

That is true, but what does that have to do with NFL players not standing for the anthem ?

Goodell did blow this right at the start. He should have given Kaepernick the choice of stand or not wear an NFL uniform. It is much harder to control now.

If the owners were really hard ass, they would explain to the 1,700 NFL players that there are a lot of people willing to play football for a 1 to 2 million salary (and higher).

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
There are still a lot of good people in the NFL. It's not a homogeneous mass of thugs, like a lot of people try to make it out to be.

This will be fixed.

Perhaps. But holding your breath would be imprudent.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
"Trump’s “divisive comments” show “an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL.”"

Nice to see the President and I are on the same wavelength. The NFL has earned my lack of respect.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

Who is Smith?

Smith was referenced in links that have just been posted. He is head of the NFL players union and he wasted no time to attack Trump after the "you're fired" comment.

He's been a Hillary man since the beginning.

https://www.nflpa.com/news/de-...trump-player-protest

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I heard rumors Goodell was about to sign an extension, but this is about to get fun. It will be interesting to see if he still had a job at the end of this.

We can expect more players to protest tomorrow, so I hope the President keeps pushing the walk out.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Trump is playing them for fools. The majority of Americans agree that showboat anti-flag/national anthem protests are shameful and have no place on the field or court. Because Trump comes out against it, the athletes and even management will double down, further alienating average Americans. They just can't help themselves. The President knows this.

They're playing checkers and he's playing 3D chess Big Grin

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
From USAToday

President Trump sent another belligerent tweet directed at North Korea Saturday night, saying that if the country's foreign minister was speaking for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in his threatening speech at the United Nations, "they won't be around much longer."

"Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N.," Trump tweeted. "If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!"

Just heard Foreign Minister of North Korea speak at U.N. If he echoes thoughts of Little Rocket Man, they won't be around much longer!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 24, 2017
The president was referring to a speech by North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong-ho, earlier Saturday in which he called Trump “a mentally deranged person full of megalomania” who is holding “the nuclear button.”

Ri said by repeatedly calling Kim "Rocket Man," Trump is making "our rocket’s visit to the entire U.S. mainland inevitable all the more."

The foreign minister also said Trump is a "gambler who grew old using threats, frauds and all other schemes to acquire a patch of land." Ri jumped into the nickname game as well, saying Americans call Trump the "Commander in Grief," "Lyin' King," and "President Evil."

Trump has turned the White House "into a noisy marketing place" and is making the U.N. "a gangsters’ nest where money is respected and bloodshed is the order of the day," Ri added.

In North Korea, a huge gathered Saturday in Pyongyang’s Kim Il Sung Square for a large anti-U.S. rally. A parade of marchers carried signs with slogans such as “decisive revenge” and “death to the American imperialists.” They shouted phrases such as “total destruction,” according to the Korean Central News Agency, the state news service.

U.S. Air Force B-1B bombers and F-15 jets carried out a show of force Saturday off the coast of North Korea. It was the farthest point north of the Demilitarized Zone, which separates North and South Korea, that any U.S. fighter or bomber aircraft has flown in the 21st century.

Trump has been engaged in an escalating war of words with North Korea and its leader over the communist nation's accelerating nuclear weapons program and its threat to attack the U.S. and its neighbors.

Last week, Trump said, "Rocket Man is on a suicide mission for himself and for his regime" and threatened to "totally destroy" North Korea. Kim responded by calling Trump a "frightened dog" and a "mentally deranged U.S. dotard."

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
More new comments from Hillary.
http://www.wnd.com/2017/09/hil...s/?cat_orig=politics

She is full of bitterness, jealousy and envy. Such is all consuming on a personal basis.
She is in prison without going to jail.
That's poetic justice.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Very true. But I will still drink beer and light fireworks when the devil comes to claim her black soul.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Stuck in her own Hell", as Joseph Campbell would say.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
"Stuck in her own Hell", as Joseph Campbell would say.

Does she not realize she’s helping Trump win again in 2020?

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post