SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am conflicted by Sessions

I think he is the strongest and most agile AG we've had in awhile

I don't know if Trump really has a beef with Sessions given their history, or if Trump is playing the 'beef' to keep the media preoccupied

I believe it would be a very bad move to have Sessions removed - I think he recused himself for two reasons - his conflict of interest with Mueller, and also the fact that he knew that there was no evidence to uncover on Russia, and that the special prosecutor would drag this thing out forever

meanwhile Sessions can go about his other job without the distractions of the special prosecutor

Meuller really does need to be reigned in - he can't go on a fishing expedition looking for 30 year old parking tickets...I thought he had a very defined scope

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Live stream from Youngstown Oh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvFs8elSOOY

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I am conflicted by Sessions

I don't know if Trump really has a beef with Sessions given their history, or if Trump is playing the 'beef' to keep the media preoccupied

I believe it would be a very bad move to have Sessions removed - I think he recused himself for two reasons - his conflict of interest with Mueller, and also the fact that he knew that there was no evidence to uncover on Russia, and that the special prosecutor would drag this thing out forever

meanwhile Sessions can go about his other job without the distractions of the special prosecutor

Meuller really does need to be reigned in - he can't go on a fishing expedition looking for 30 year old parking tickets...I thought he had a very defined scope

Why would Sessions have a conflict with Mueller? Sessions recused humself before Mueller was ever mentioned, before Acting AG Rosenstein announced appointment of a special prosecutor.

There is another bit of misunformation out there, that Rosenstein was not appointed by Trump, but he was.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/video/...s-jeff-sessions.html

Go to the :23 second mark and then suggest that he is strong and agile. He looks to be a weak and ineffective old man being pushed around by a loudmouthed woman with chip on her shoulder.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Go to the :23 second mark and then suggest that he is strong and agile. He looks to be a weak and ineffective old man being pushed around by a loudmouthed woman with chip on her shoulder.

It doesn't look that way to me. He seemed to be handling himself just fine.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Can't do it. That horrible excuse for a human being was bad enough when she was running the CA DOJ. When her face popped up it was time to close that window, fast.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
AG Sessions is not that upstanding.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions rolled back a series of Obama-era curbs on civil-asset forfeiture on Wednesday, strengthening the federal government’s power to seize cash and property from Americans without first bringing criminal charges against them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/po...rtment-civil/534168/

Posts: 723 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 01, 2004Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Being better than Eric Holder is the wrong measure, and means nothing useful.

Jeff Sessions has good qualities and has crazy ideas - including Civil Forfeiture.

He needs to be fired, immediately, before he causes even more damage.

Which is a shame, as his thoughts on immigration and national defense seem sound, and he had my support there for a while, but he's actually off his rocker and needs to go.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I see him maintaining his composure and trying to answer the question as best he can, and Harris won't STFU.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

There is another bit of misunformation out there, that Rosenstein was not appointed by Trump, but he was.

If the special prosecutor reports to Rosenstein and not the AG, to whom will the special prosecutor report if the President fires the assistant AG? Does the President need a reason to fire him?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
quote:
quote:

I see him maintaining his composure and trying to answer the question as best he can, and Harris won't STFU.

'Best he can' is not good enough with the adversaries he's dealing with. Trump should look to someone more agile and aggressive.

Old age and cunning can become too infirmed and slow.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Maybe because I am "getting older" and while I still think and see from my eyes as I did in my 20s, but realize that to those in their 20s, see me as "less agile and aggressive", it is appearant that they lack wisdom and think themselves wise.

Yes, "being better than Eric Holder", is as goddamned important as "Trump means no Hillary in the Oval Office", and that the damage that the GDCs were slinging wholesale, is not occurring.

So, while the band playing the opening act is not our perfect idols. Let them play, while the "tune up" is ongoing.

-damnIfeeloldmonkey
(but I am far from dead...)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:

If the special prosecutor reports to Rosenstein and not the AG, to whom will the special prosecutor report if the President fires the assistant AG? Does the President need a reason to fire him?

The special prosecutor reports to the Attorney General, but as the AG has recused himself with respect to the Russian investigation, the Deputy AG handles it.

The President needs no reason to fire anyone who serves at his pleasure but there may be political costs or strategery to consider.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Wasserman Schultz’s IT Aide Arrested At Airport After Transferring $300k To Pakistan From House Office

Imran Awan

Geraldo Rivera covered this pretty good on Hannity tonight.
Busting up harddrives and then trying to flee the Country.
Why was it so important for Debbie to get her computer back from the Capital Police?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Interesting read on Mueller and his conflicts of interest.
I don't know how accurate it is, but if it is, it is pretty damning.

http://bigleaguepolitics.com/c...onflicts-trump-case/

I still believe all this crap will backfire big league at some point in time.

Probably the biggest reason the Dems and the left have lost their minds is because they were so close to cementing left think for the foreseeable future if Hillary had won after the eight years of Obama.
They were so close and they are so crazy with such defeat.
They had it and it slipped away.

Psychiatrists have gone crazy as well.
http://www.wnd.com/2017/07/cra...?cat_orig=diversions

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:

The special prosecutor reports to the Attorney General, but as the AG has recused himself with respect to the Russian investigation, the Deputy AG handles it.

The President needs no reason to fire anyone who serves at his pleasure but there may be political costs or strategery to consider.

IMO, if the President feels obligated to fire someone, it would be better to not fire the current AG. To give up his Senate seat was a lot to be let go in less than a year because of this investigation. It is not as if an investigation was unexpected.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Sessions needs to start administering Justice.

How much evidence of crimes committed by the Democrats (too many crimes to list) is required to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate?

Cannot Sessions start to question the legitimacy of Mueller's team and conflicts of interest?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
the damage that the GDCs were slinging wholesale, is not occurring.

No, only in piecemeal, starting with a hot topic of significance: Civil Asset Forfeiture. Sessions has failed us already, meaningfully, undeniably, inexcusably, and is just getting started.

At least with respect to the President, his moves and decisions so far are actually beneficial and consistent with conservatism. Sessions, on the other hand, hasn't, and needs to go.

Apples and Oranges, Trump and Sessions.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Sessions needs to start administering Justice.

How much evidence of crimes committed by the Democrats (too many crimes to list) is required to appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate?

Cannot Sessions start to question the legitimacy of Mueller's team and conflicts of interest?

Contrary to the ranting and ravings going on in Congressional committees, and talking heads on TV, a special prosecutor is not required to investigate crimes, unless the investigation deals with those prosecuting or supervising a prosecution.

One thing Comey was criticised for, asserted as a justification for his dismissal, was the public disclosure of an investigation prior to indictments. That is not to be done.

To the dismay of the news scribblers and talking heads, it is entirely conceivable that investigations are going on right now of all manner of potential criminal conduct arising out of the last political season, and horror of horrors, nobody knows about it.