SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Do it NOW! Fire that cretin asshat lib POS and his posse of superbiased anti-Trump shysters. Fire them NOW!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Christopher Wray, President Donald Trump's nominee to lead the FBI, has been unanimously confirmed by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Wray's nomination now heads to the full Senate for a vote.

He will replace former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by the President in May. FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has been serving as Acting FBI director.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Christopher Wray, President Donald Trump's nominee to lead the FBI, has been unanimously confirmed by the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Wray's nomination now heads to the full Senate for a vote.

He will replace former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by the President in May. FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has been serving as Acting FBI director.

I'm not so sure about this guy. He's buddies with Comey and Mueller, worked under Sally Yates and was endorsed by Eric Holder for this position. That gives me serious doubts about him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.10d5ed7ae3d2

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Looks like Mueller & Co. are already leaking investigation details:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ation-details-press/

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Now that Mueller is starting to go after all of Trump's business dealings with Russia, how long until he fires him from this whole debacle?

I think that may be coming soon and all hell will break loose from the Media/DNC Industrial Complex.

We will see some serious Trump Derangement Syndrome then!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
You can't control someone else's integrity or lack thereof. Some have none, and others don't value integrity.

I take it you would dispense with it entirely. Too much of a limitation, I gather.

Given Mueller's 20 plus year friendship and working relationship with Comey, should he have accepted the position or recused himself? Given that every person he has hired either worked for Clinton or donated to the Clinton campaign, what do you think of his ethics and ability to do his job with integrity?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
You can't control someone else's integrity or lack thereof. Some have none, and others don't value integrity.

I take it you would dispense with it entirely. Too much of a limitation, I gather.

Given Mueller's 20 plus year friendship and working relationship with Comey, should he have accepted the position or recused himself? Given that every person he has hired either worked for Clinton or donated to the Clinton campaign, what do you think of his ethics and ability to do his job with integrity?

At some point, you have to trust someone to be impartial investigate the facts and evidence, and decide, a lawyer, a judge, a Supreme Court Justice, someone.

I, of course, don't know Mueller. What we know is that he is about a year older than me, graduated from Princeton, New York U, and U.VA law school. He became a Marine officer, not a judge advocate but a rifle platoon commander earning a Bronze Star and Purple Heart, an actual combat wound, not a purple ouwie.

He has worked in US Attorney offices as a prosecutor and the DOJ, including assistant to AG Thornburgh. From 1998 to 2001, he was US Attorney for the Northern District of California. El Diablo made him FBI director in 2001 where he served for 13 years. In between he has been at big law firms involved in high stakes disputes, investigations and issues.

I have not read anything about Mueller that suggests he is untrustworthy, incompetent or excessively partisan. What I have seen suggests that he knows what he is doing in things like this and has been a man of sound judgment, not easily fooled.

I like Jeff Sessions a lot. I regard him as a man of experience, sound judgment and integrity. He served in partisan elective office for a couple of decades, not usually a disqualifier in these matters. In this case, however, to have kept on in the investigation and come to a "no flag" result, because of his partisan background, would have not ended the matter.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A friend pointed out that while Sessions is recused from the Russia affair, he's been QUITE busy un-doing a lot of Obama's DOJ bullshit over the past 8 years, so he's still very useful to Trump.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not read anything about Mueller that suggests he is untrustworthy, incompetent or excessively partisan. What I have seen suggests that he knows what he is doing in things like this and has been a man of sound judgment, not easily fooled.

Hmmm....I seem to remember that same line of BS being bandied about regarding Comey at one time. Look how he turned out.

My mother always told me "you are judged by the company you keep". Mueller is a longtime friend of Comey, so therefor I have absolutely NO trust in Mueller to be objective.

If Sessions can recuse himself from a Russian investigation due to political bullying and nothing else, Mueller had dam sure well better recuse himself due to his glaringly obvious conflict of interest.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
At some point, you have to trust someone to be impartial investigate the facts and evidence, and decide, a lawyer, a judge, a Supreme Court Justice, someone.

I get that he has a great resume and all, but I thought the big tenet of ethical behavior was to not only avoid conflicts of interest, but also the appearance of impropriety. According to both Mueller and Comey they are very close friends and colleagues and have been for years. Trump just fired Comey and Comey plays a central role in this investigation. To me there is not only an appearance of impropriety, there is a direct conflict of interest.

I guess we will all see how it plays out, maybe Mueller will play it straight and come out with a definitive exoneration.

- John Adams

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
saw this today - hadn't seen this summary before...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
So, is Mueller going to investigate the criminal leaking coming out of his team?

Is Mueller going to investigate the conflicts of interest with his team, the hiring of Hillary's lawyer and over abundance of Democratic donors on his team?

Is Mueller going to investigate his BFF Comey's leaking of his memo, specifically to trigger a special prosecutor?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have not read anything about Mueller that suggests he is untrustworthy...
Well, he is an attorney, sooooooo... Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0Hv9TUrfs

Sounds like an Abbott and Costello skit. Or since he's alone, a George Carlin rant.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Do it NOW! Fire that cretin asshat lib POS and his posse of superbiased anti-Trump shysters. Fire them NOW!

The "deep state" wants to take out Trump. They are trying to make it look like Watergate:

Here’s the Chain Reaction Trump Could Set Off by Trying to Fire Mueller
By Justin Sink
and Steven T. Dennis

Warning on Russia investigation renews speculation of firing
Dismissing Mueller ‘not politically survivable,’ Democrat says

Why Robert Mueller Is the Perfect Man for the Job

President Donald Trump’s interview with the New York Times on Wednesday has stirred speculation he may consider firing Special Counsel Robert Mueller for investigating Trump’s business dealings as part of the Russia probe.

But Trump can’t fire Mueller directly, according to the law that authorizes Mueller’s probe. If he tried, he could set off a chain-reaction that would throw the Justice Department into upheaval.

Only the person acting as attorney general, currently Rod Rosenstein on matters related to the probe, can fire Mueller, and he’s said he won’t do it without “good cause.” So Trump would first have to purge the upper ranks of the Justice Department until he finds someone willing to follow his orders and dismiss the special counsel.

Read more: What Is and Isn’t Special About a Special Counsel
Get the latest on global politics in your inbox, every day.
Get our newsletter daily.

He’d almost certainly begin by dismissing Rosenstein, whose political loyalties Trump questioned in the Times interview on Wednesday in which he also warned Mueller against broadening his investigation. Such a scenario would parallel President Richard Nixon’s 1973 “Saturday Night Massacre,” when Nixon forced out the top two officials in the Justice Department in order to oust the Watergate special counsel.

“I don’t think that’s politically survivable, and it’s not clear how much collateral damage he has to do to in order to put himself into a position to have somebody fire Mueller,” said Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, a Democrat from Rhode Island.
Expanding Investigation

Mueller’s investigation has expanded to examine a broad range of transactions involving the president’s businesses, including dealings by his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross, a person familiar with the probe told Bloomberg News. Trump told the Times that if Mueller examined his family’s finances beyond any relationship with Russia he’d consider it "a violation."

“There is no possible way anybody at the White House could be seriously thinking about firing Mueller,” said Senate Bob Corker of Tennessee, a Republican. “I don’t even want to comment on that because that’s so far out of bounds it couldn’t possibly be a serious discussion.”
Undercutting Mueller

Trump has indicated he would try to undercut Mueller’s credibility. In the New York Times interview, Trump said Mueller has “many other conflicts that I haven’t said, but I will at some point.”

Separately, the Washington Post reported Thursday night that Trump’s legal team is exploring ways to question Mueller by building a case that he has conflicts of interest in overseeing the investigation. The Post also cited one unidentified person familiar with the effort as saying that Trump has asked his advisers about his authority to grant pardons to aides, family members or even himself.

A conflict of interest is one of the grounds that an attorney general can cite to remove a special counsel under Justice Department regulations, according to the Post.

A Congressional Research Service report lays out how a special prosecutor can be removed.

“To comply with the regulations, the Attorney General himself must remove the special counsel, not the President or a surrogate (unless, as noted previously in this report, the Attorney General has recused himself in the matter under investigation),” the agency concluded from its legal research.

Trump’s spokeswoman, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, when asked on Thursday if Trump would try to remove Mueller, said that “the president has no intention to do so at this time.”
Brand, Boente

But Trump does possess authority to fire Rosenstein for any reason, including refusal to remove Mueller from the post. If Trump did so, the decision would then fall to Associate Attorney General Rachel Brand, the third-ranking official in the Justice Department.

That’s what happened in 1973, when then-Solicitor General Robert Bork became the acting attorney general and fired the special counsel after the department’s top two officials quit rather than carry out Nixon’s order.

Brand is a conservative who served in the department under President George W. Bush and doesn’t have a background in criminal prosecutions. If Trump fired Rosenstein, Brand might resign because she and Rosenstein were nominated together, have a close working relationship and went through their confirmation hearings as a team.

Dana Boente, the acting assistant attorney general for national security, would be next in line if Trump also removed Brand. Boente has carried out controversial Trump orders before; in January, when Acting Attorney General Sally Yates refused to defend the president’s travel ban against predominantly Muslim nations, Trump replaced her with Boente, who defended the ban.
‘No Intention’

To be sure, there’s plenty of reason to believe Trump will not actually carry out his implicit threat against Mueller. For one, there is not yet indication that the special counsel is probing Trump Organization businesses outside of its connections to Russia or Russian citizens.

And while Trump allies have floated the idea of firing Mueller before, Sanders said he wasn’t planning to do so.

Still, Trump’s other precedent-shattering decisions have underscored that he doesn’t feel bound by Washington’s traditions, or a fear of the political ramifications.

He defended his dismissal of former FBI Director James Comey in his interview Tuesday with the Times, saying that while he agreed it had caused him a political headache, it was “a great thing for the American people.”

The president’s attack on his own attorney general in the same interview also reinforced notions that he is agitated by the Russia investigation.

Trump said Sessions’ decision to recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation after failing to disclose contacts with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. during his confirmation hearing was "very unfair to the president." And he indicated that had he known Sessions would give up control of the Russia probe, he never would have appointed him to the job.

“Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Trump said.
‘Constitutional Crisis’

Across town, the Trump interview and the larger controversy over the Russia investigation was palpable in a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing during which the panel unanimously advanced Comey’s replacement, Christopher Wray.

“Now what happens next?” said Senator Richard Durbin, an Illinois Democrat. “Will the president move again to try and dismiss Mr. Mueller, the special counsel? Will he do his best to try and end the investigation of the FBI? Will Attorney General Sessions be complicit if he moves in that direction?

“We don’t know the answers to those questions but I would tell you that we’re on the footsteps, doorstep I should say, of a constitutional crisis in this country."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...ger-purge-at-justice

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Sean Spicer Resigns...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...press-secretary.html

WASHINGTON — Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, resigned on Friday morning, telling President Trump he vehemently disagreed with the appointment of the New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.

Mr. Trump offered Mr. Scaramucci the job at 10 a.m. The president requested that Mr. Spicer stay on, but Mr. Spicer told Mr. Trump that he believed the appointment was a major mistake, according to a person with direct knowledge of the exchange.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Sean Spicer Resigns...

WASHINGTON — Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, resigned on Friday morning, telling President Trump he vehemently disagreed with the appointment of the New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.

Mr. Trump offered Mr. Scaramucci the job at 10 a.m. The president requested that Mr. Spicer stay on, but Mr. Spicer told Mr. Trump that he believed the appointment was a major mistake, according to a person with direct knowledge of the exchange.

And by the end of tomorrow we are going to find out that the NYT is full of shit YET AGAIN, with their version of the story.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sean Spicer Resigns

Whoa.

Interesting.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Sean Spicer Resigns...

And by the end of tomorrow we are going to find out that the NYT is full of shit YET AGAIN, with their version of the story.

They likely have it right this time. Business Insider pretty much gave the same reasons.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post