SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
Trump just needs to lay low and stay off twitter and realize hes got a 36% approval rating.

Do you really believe that it's only 36%....I don't.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I suppose we are about to experience a race to the bottom, where each party says, "Oh, yeah? Well watch this!"

Where does it end?

We are already there if you have been paying attention. It ends when we get congressmen and senators who care more about the country than their tiny faction of supporters. On both sides. And that is not happening any time soon. I bet the dems don't care at all we got a SC nominee through. They learn from their mistakes and trust me they will go full out the next time they have power. If you honestly think the modern democratic party will pull ANY punches the next time they are in power you are naive. Look at their up and coming leadership. Do they look like people who will be swayed by "tradition" and "be careful what you wish for?" speeches? Not in the least. Look how they are manipulating and abusing the rules right now. You are ok with this? These rules were meant to protect the minority part from an abusive majority party, and they are being used for the exact opposite. As they are not being used as intended they need to be removed.

The politics of the past is OVER. It is full out political war and the democrats are doing a hell of a better job precisely because they care not of "tradition" and "shoes on the other foot." They are always referred to as GDC's and guess what? Those GDC's don't care about rules, or traditions, or consequences. The next time they get to put a stranglehold on power you better believe they will no matter what rule they have to change.

We're nowhere near the bottom.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
He's just worried because the MSM has been telling him Hillary is going to win in a landslide Wink

Keep tweeting Mr. President!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump just needs to lay low and stay off twitter and realize hes got a 36% approval rating.
Why are all your posts in this thread negative? Who gives a shit about some stupid freakin' poll? You actually believe you can trust that shit? Do yourself a favor and turn off CNN for a while.

President Trump isn't going to lay off of anything, and we don't want him to lay off of anything. As far as I'm concerned, he can lay it on with a trowel.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...to-happen-next-week/

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell addressed reporters outside the White House directly after meeting with President Donald Trump and stated that an Obamacare repeal bill will occur next week.

White House Director of Legislative Affairs Marc Short told reporters that there would be a meeting tonight for members that don’t feel they can get to yes. He said the meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. and is open to all, but will be “focused on those who are still in the undecided category.”

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Travel Ban upheld in part

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court says the Trump administration can strictly enforce its ban on refugees, but at the same time is leaving in place a weakened travel ban that includes grandparents among relatives who can help visitors from six mostly Muslim countries get into the U.S.

The justices acted Wednesday on the administration’s appeal of a federal judge’s ruling last week. U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson ordered the government to allow in refugees formally working with a resettlement agency in the United States. Watson also vastly expanded the family relations that refugees and visitors can use to get into the country.

The high court blocked Watson’s order as it applies to refugees for now, but not the expanded list of relatives. The justices said the federal appeals court in San Francisco should now consider the appeal. It’s not clear how quickly that will happen.

In the meantime, though, up to 24,000 refugees who already have been assigned to a charity or religious organization in the U.S. will not be able to use that connection to get into the country.

“This ruling jeopardizes the safety of thousands of people across the world including vulnerable families fleeing war and violence,” said Naureen Shah, Amnesty International USA’s senior director of campaigns.

That part of the court’s ruling was a victory for President Donald Trump, who rolled out a first ban on travelers and refugees after just a week in office, prompting a legal fight that has raged ever since.

But the Supreme Court also denied the administration’s request to clarify its ruling last month that allowed the administration to partially reinstate a 90-day ban on visitors from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen and a 120-day ban on refugees from anywhere in the world.

The court’s ruling exempted a large swath of refugees and travelers with a “bona fide relationship” with a person or an entity in the U.S. The justices did not define those relationships but said they could include a close relative, a job offer or admission to a college or university.

Watson’s order added grandparents, grandchildren, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins to a list that already included a parent, spouse, fiance, son, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law or sibling in the U.S. The expanded list of relatives remains in effect, and the State Department already has instructed diplomats to use the broader list when considering visa applicants from the six countries.

Hawaii Attorney General Doug Chin said the court’s order Wednesday “confirms we were right to say that the Trump administration over-reached in trying to unilaterally keep families apart from each other.”

Justices Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas would have blocked Watson’s order in its entirety. Those same three justices said last month they would have allowed the Trump travel ban to take full effect.

Also on Wednesday, the court scheduled argument over the travel ban for October 10, though the 90-day pause will have expired by then.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

You can't do anything about the past. We have only the present and the uncertain future to deal with.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --- John Adams

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The Republicans should put the pedal to the metal and go for broke and pull every sneaky trick to get the job done, as if their future depended on it, because it probably does.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

A poll taken by whom? None other than the Washington Post and ABC News. What would you expect such a poll to say? In response to a bogus loaded question, to boot. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
The fake news stories aren't working, so they are trying some fake polls.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Now that McStain has a brain tumor, what does this mean for politics? Does he still retain his seat with such an illness? Will there be a special election to replace him? When is he considered not able to fulfill the role?

What's the next play?

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the number of conservatives stays the same...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as the poll goes, they didn't poll me, nor were any of my friends polled, how about any body here? No? I bet that they polled Hillary and obama, probably twice. So I trust that poll about as much as I trust anything else on CNN or any of the other liberal leaning so called news networks.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, President Trump better start doing what the press wants, otherwise they might try to trash him.

Right?

No, they hate him and no matter what he does, they will do their absolute worst against him. What really matters is the people who put Donald Trump in office, and there's no way I'm going to trust any poll from any organization, when it comes to the POTUS. I can see what's what. President Trump has it right and I support his actions in fighting these disgusting elitists.

Imagine our government today without Donald Trump at the helm.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Now that McStain has a brain tumor, what does this mean for politics? Does he still retain his seat with such an illness? Will there be a special election to replace him? When is he considered not able to fulfill the role?

What's the next play?

He can stay. He can resign or die.

If he resigns, or dies, the governor likely will name a replacement pending a special election to fill the seat. I believe each state has a law for that. What the process, or timing, is for Arizona I don't know. He was just elected to a new term.

In Texas, there is a special election after thee seat goes vacant. That led to the election of John Tower after LBJ resigned in 1961.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I believe that the gov can appoint someone to fill out the rest of the term

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
The fake news stories aren't working, so they are trying some fake polls.

Brought to us thankfully by the same polls that had hillary winning easy.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an unfortunate situation, but very understandable

In a NYT interview w President Trump, he said that if he had known Jeff Sessions was going to recuse himself from the Russia issue, President Trump would never have picked Jeff Sessions for the AG position.

I agree w President Trump on this. I was stunned when AG Sessions recused himself for the most ridiculous of reasons. I really like Jeff Sessions but that was a big mistake. A colossal mistake.

http://www.breitbart.com/video...f-from-russia-probe/

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Imagine our government today without Donald Trump at the helm.

Some people should print that out in bold and tape it to their bathroom mirror.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

WTF man are you serious, according to the poll Trump have zero percent chance to win the white house, get your head out of your ass.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Report This Post