SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
U.S.—A new, exclusive CNN investigative report revealed Thursday that millions of American voters may have potentially colluded with the Trump campaign to elect Donald Trump as President of the United States.

damn - we were found out - I wonder who turned us in...

The Russians of course. They are some sneaky bastards. They play both sides of the fence.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1112 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
There is just too much schadenfreude here for one man, I thought I should share. Megan Kelly's little show on NBC has hit new lows. This is especially gratifying as NBC is reputed to have paid her $20,000,000.

From the Variety article:

"Earlier in the night at 7 p.m. on NBC, “Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly” drew a 0.4 rating and 3.1 million viewers, the newsmagazine’s lowest total viewer number since it debuted at the beginning of June. Kelly also matched a series low in the key demo."

http://variety.com/2017/tv/rat...-ratings-1202497425/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of RobertFBurnett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
CNN Report: Millions Of American Voters May Have Colluded To Elect Trump
July 13, 2017

U.S.—A new, exclusive CNN investigative report revealed Thursday that millions of American voters may have potentially colluded with the Trump campaign to elect Donald Trump as President of the United States.

While Russia has been accused of interfering in the election, the breaking report indicates that the collusion may have extended to a significant portion of the U.S. population—“as many as 60 million citizens, and possibly even more.”

“The conspiracy goes much deeper than anyone expected,” Jake Tapper said on his news segment The Politics Lead. “We’re talking tens of millions of people involved in this secret plot to make sure Hillary didn’t make it into the White House and to prop up Donald Trump as the winner.”

The CNN report does not accuse anyone of hacking or rigging the vote, but rather suggests that those colluding with the real estate mogul in the far-reaching scheme may have simply walked into voting booths and cast their vote for Donald Trump, giving him the electoral college victory.

“It’s far more sinister than we thought,” a visibly disturbed Tapper said.

http://babylonbee.com/news/cnn...olluded-elect-trump/

nota bene - Babylon Bee is a Christian News Satire site. So eminently more reliable than CNN.

OMG! That sounds like the vast right wing conspiracy that has been harassing the Clintons for decades!

I knew it! The conspiracy nuts are bound to be right some of the time. Stopped clocks and all that.

My Goodness!! This goes right to the top! Eek

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: January 11, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:

damn - we were found out - I wonder who turned us in...

I dunno but just to be safe, avoid park benches for a while....

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Don't want a swimsuit? how about a Trumpy Bear Big Grin

http://gettrumpybear.com/

I'm really a fan of the suit.

That's Awesome - I would DEFINITELY buy the matching men's swim trunk (NOT a Speedo!) version of that suit....MAGA! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well since Game of Thrones as started up again, here's something for your viewing pleasure, enjoy Wink

*updated with the original video

https://www.youtube.com/embed/I0tE6T-ecmg

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That was awesome! Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Susan Rice refused to testify to the Senate Judiciary Committee about the unmasking events that she "knew nothing about".

Now she has postpones a meeting with the House Intel Committee.

Not that these committees get them to admit much, but it would be good to have her on the record that she didn't do anything, then later hit her w the actual documents that she did. Assuming we can get them from the Obama Library.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mitch McConnell needs to stop screwing around and lay the hammer down.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...s-confirmed-n2356432

Republicans calculate that at the current rate, it will take 11 years and four months to fill all possible Trump administration spots at an average of three and a half days spent considering each nominee.

Democrats are requiring that Republicans check all the procedural boxes on most nominees, even those they intend to eventually support. That requires the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky, to request a formal “cloture” vote to move forward.

An “intervening day” is then required to allow the cloture request to “ripen.” Next is a vote to impose cloture followed by 30 hours of “post-cloture” debate before a final vote. Democrats have refused to shorten the debate time — to “yield back,” in the parlance of the Senate — though in most cases there is little to debate.

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Trump needs to take a cue from the Crimson Kenyan and just start making Recess appointments. That should really make the libs heads explode. Smile

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Trump needs to take a cue from the Crimson Kenyan and just start making Recess appointments. That should really make the libs heads explode. Smile

Maybe you can put that in the Suggestion Box.

All we need is nominees for each office and a long enough recess.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Republicans calculate that at the current rate, it will take 11 years and four months to fill all possible Trump administration spots at an average of three and a half days spent considering each nominee.

And if the republicans had any balls they would eliminate any rule that is being deliberately abused in order to obstruct the administration on purely political grounds. But they won't because they hate Trump as much as the democrats. And please, no "what about when the shoe is on the other foot" because if you think the democrats wouldn't eliminate any rule that may slow down the next democratic president if the opposition party tried this you haven't been paying attention. They made that mistake last time and won't do it again I guarantee it. This is NOT government when the opposition can completely obstruct not only the president but both houses of congress, the whole while usurping the clear mandate from the American people do go in a certain direction. These rules, these "traditions" were never put in place to be absolutely abused. They need to go.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Justices allow strict enforcement of Trump refugee ban

Published July 19, 2017 Associated Press

Victory for Trump as parts of travel ban go into effect

The Supreme Court is granting the Trump administration's request to more strictly enforce its ban on refugees, at least until a federal appeals court weighs in.

But the justices are leaving in place a lower court order that makes it easier for travelers from six mostly Muslim countries to enter the United States.

The administration had appealed last week's ruling by U.S. District Judge Derrick Watson that required the government to allow in refugees formally working with a resettlement agency in the United States. Watson also vastly expanded the family relations that refugees and visitors can use to get into the country.

The high court on Wednesday blocked Watson's order as it applies to refugees, but not the expanded list of relatives. The justices said the federal appeals court in San Francisco should now consider the appeal. It's not clear how quickly that will happen.

In the meantime, though, up to 24,000 refugees who already have been assigned to a charity or religious organization in the U.S. will not be able to use that connection to get into the country.

The Supreme Court also denied the administration's request to clarify its ruling last month that allowed the administration to partially reinstate a 90-day ban on visitors from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen and a 120-day ban on refugees from anywhere in the world.

The court's ruling exempted a large swath of refugees and travelers with a "bona fide relationship" with a person or an entity in the U.S. The justices did not define those relationships but said they could include a close relative, a job offer or admission to a college or university.

Watson's order added grandparents, grandchildren, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins to a list that already included a parent, spouse, fiance, son, daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law or sibling already in the U.S. The expanded list of relatives remains in effect.

Justices Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas would have blocked Watson's order in its entirety. Those same three justices said last month they would have allowed the Trump travel ban to take full effect.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ump-refugee-ban.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

And if the republicans had any balls they would eliminate any rule that is being deliberately abused in order to obstruct the administration on purely political grounds. But they won't because they hate Trump as much as the democrats. And please, no "what about when the shoe is on the other foot" because if you think the democrats wouldn't eliminate any rule that may slow down the next democratic president if the opposition party tried this you haven't been paying attention. They made that mistake last time and won't do it again I guarantee it. This is NOT government when the opposition can completely obstruct not only the president but both houses of congress, the whole while usurping the clear mandate from the American people do go in a certain direction. These rules, these "traditions" were never put in place to be absolutely abused. They need to go.

What about next time when the shoe is on the other foot?

The Dems looked into the abyss on their judgeships when the shoe was on their foot, sized up the situation and decided to change the rules. That got them some judges through, and at the next opportunity, the shoe moved to the other foot. Emboldened by that precedence, the foot the shoe was on changed the rules once more to suit them, and got a Supreme Court seat for their pains. I bet the Dems don't like that, and are very nervous about a couple more seats at risk.

I suppose we are about to experience a race to the bottom, where each party says, "Oh, yeah? Well watch this!"

Where does it end?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Dems looked into the abyss on their judgeships when the shoe was on their foot, sized up the situation and decided to change the rules. That got them some judges through, and at the next opportunity, the shoe moved to the other foot. Emboldened by that precedence, the foot the shoe was on changed the rules once more to suit them, and got a Supreme Court seat for their pains. I bet the Dems don't like that, and are very nervous about a couple more seats at risk.

I suppose we are about to experience a race to the bottom, where each party says, "Oh, yeah? Well watch this!"

Where does it end?

We are already there, and regardless of what the GOP does, the Dems will not be restrained the next time they are in power. The GOP shouldn't hold back as if "playing nice" will in any way prevent that.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

As I recall, when the shoe was on the other foot, President Obama's picks to fill the Obama administration largely sailed through.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24056 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Where does it end?

We are already there if you have been paying attention. It ends when we get congressmen and senators who care more about the country than their tiny faction of supporters. On both sides. And that is not happening any time soon. I bet the dems don't care at all we got a SC nominee through. They learn from their mistakes and trust me they will go full out the next time they have power. If you honestly think the modern democratic party will pull ANY punches the next time they are in power you are naive. Look at their up and coming leadership. Do they look like people who will be swayed by "tradition" and "be careful what you wish for?" speeches? Not in the least. Look how they are manipulating and abusing the rules right now. You are ok with this? These rules were meant to protect the minority part from an abusive majority party, and they are being used for the exact opposite. As they are not being used as intended they need to be removed.

The politics of the past is OVER. It is full out political war and the democrats are doing a hell of a better job precisely because they care not of "tradition" and "shoes on the other foot." They are always referred to as GDC's and guess what? Those GDC's don't care about rules, or traditions, or consequences. The next time they get to put a stranglehold on power you better believe they will no matter what rule they have to change.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

As I recall, when the shoe was on the other foot, President Obama's picks to fill the Obama administration largely sailed through.

You can't do anything about the past. We have only the present and the uncertain future to deal with.

Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Trump just needs to lay low and stay off twitter and realize hes got a 36% approval rating.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Report This Post