SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
as a deterrent and warning to others

what part of the word 'Supreme' in Supreme Court does this guy not understand?

we won the election, they lost - they need to get on board

all these self-appointed nit-pickers are whats ruining this country

time for the war to start - this country is being torn apart and it needs to stop

Really? Death to anyone who simply disagrees with you? Or has a different viewpoint than you? To serve as a deterrent and warning to others? You don't think that is extreme?

JALLEN and I live in a world where two sides differ in opinions. (That's why they call their lawyers).

I'm pretty sure in a civilized society (including this country), most of us on this board would agree that is neither legal nor moral to kill people who disagree with you simply for disagreeing with you.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
as a deterrent and warning to others

what part of the word 'Supreme' in Supreme Court does this guy not understand?

we won the election, they lost - they need to get on board

all these self-appointed nit-pickers are whats ruining this country

time for the war to start - this country is being torn apart and it needs to stop

Really? Death to anyone who simply disagrees with you? Or has a different viewpoint than you? To serve as a deterrent and warning to others? You don't think that is extreme?

JALLEN and I live in a world where two sides differ in opinions. (That's why they call their lawyers).

I'm pretty sure in a civilized society (including this country), most of us on this board would agree that is neither legal nor moral to kill people who disagree with you simply for disagreeing with you.

Um, I don't think this was a call to arms. It's just someone letting off some steam after the constant violence committed by the left.
You can relax.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Nah. He has noticed, as I have, that Greg has a pronounced tendency lean towards wishes of death or serious violence to those he disagrees with.

It may be part of his charm. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, or live free or die, etc.

Quite a few exhibit this here, advocating physically impossible acts, sticking parts into other parts they don't normally belong, dropping out of airplanes on fire, that sort of thing. Greg leads the pack as I notice it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Quite a few exhibit this here, advocating physically impossible acts, sticking parts into other parts they don't normally belong, dropping out of airplanes on fire, that sort of thing.
I think we can all agree that it's entirely possible for Gwyneth Paltrow to fall or be pushed into an active volcano, and that this would not necessarily be a bad thing.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Nah. He has noticed, as I have, that Greg has a pronounced tendency lean towards wishes of death or serious violence to those he disagrees with.

It may be part of his charm. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, or live free or die, etc.

Quite a few exhibit this here, advocating physically impossible acts, sticking parts into other parts they don't normally belong, dropping out of airplanes on fire, that sort of thing. Greg leads the pack as I notice it.

Meanwhile, it's all just talk.
Compare that to an earlier post depicting the truth. (I forget who posted it.)
quote:
The Left has been engaged in a war against America since the rise of the Children of the ‘60s. To them, it has been an all-out war where nothing is held sacred and nothing is seen as beyond the pale. It has been a war they’ve fought with violence, the threat of violence, demagoguery and lies from day one – the violent take-over of the universities – till today.

The problem is that, through these years, the Left has been the only side fighting this war. While the Left has been taking a knife to anyone who stands in their way, the Right has continued to act with dignity, collegiality and propriety.

nhtagmember is the least of my worries.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Maybe kill them just a little bit.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:

nhtagmember is the least of my worries.

I have few worries so it is hard to rank them with confidence, or even to say whether this is a worry or more like a personality study.

Greg and I have visited in Coronado, dined on several occasions, and have a number of common interests, Gwyneth Paltrow not among them.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile in the real war:

quote:
How President Trump’s strategy against the Islamic State differs from Obama’s:
Under President Obama, U.S. Army Special Forces assigned to Syrian Democratic Forces needed special approval from Washington for virtually all tactical moves amid the politically complex theater of Americans, Arabs, Kurds, Turks and Syrians.

In Tabqa, where the city, its dam and its airfield were the objectives, the Green Berets decided they needed an airlift. Suddenly minus red tape, Arabs, Kurds and Americans were helicoptering into battle, and they quickly seized territory.

Under Mr. Obama, Islamic State terrorists could at times retreat from towns, immune from airstrikes if they used civilians as cover. The battle for Manbij in August became infamous when the SDF let 200 Islamic State fighters turn in their weapons and escape because they had threatened to kill town residents if they were not allowed to run away.

The new Trump strategy calls for surrounding towns, as opposed to pushing from one end or one side to another, in order to isolate Islamic State fighters and annihilate them.

Brett H. McGurk, special U.S. envoy to the coalition against the Islamic State who performed the same role for Mr. Obama, talked of “the delegations of authority which has made a difference in terms of the speed of execution. I think Tabqa was an example of that.”

“Our military people on the ground saw an opportunity to kind of surprise ISIS with a helicopter, moving them by helicopter, surprise them from behind and seize the airport, the dam and the town,” Mr. McGurk later told reporters at the Pentagon.

After Tabqa’s liberation, Mr. McGurk spoke to the city’s mayor, who gave a brief description of the war of annihilation.

“He also said he believes that most of these foreign fighters are now dead,” the diplomat said.

Mr. Mattis said: “No longer will we have slowed decision cycles because Washington, D.C., has to authorize tactical movements. I’ll leave that to the generals who know how to do those kind of things. We don’t direct that from here. They know our intent is the foreign fighters do not get out. I leave it to their skill, their cunning, to carry that out.

Link

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have had this conversation with friends before as it pertains to the "It's just politics" angle. I'll ask you the same thing I ask them:

You're walking down the street minding our own business and some thug believes he is entitled to half of your money. He pulls a gun, and takes it.

Now imagine that you're sitting in your living room at home, and some Democrats believe they are entitled to half of your money. They send in a government agent with a gun and take it.

What's the difference?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:

All I am going to say is being the Clinton's hit man must be a very well paid position and they do keep you busy. Wink

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
more than anything its a profound sense of disgust with the current crop that try to nitpick the agenda

these people are doing nothing more than looking for ways to hamstring and confound the president and they are doing it in such a way that they are doing their best to endanger the security of the US

this 'judge' has pulled this same stunt before because he doesn't 'like' the president - and I am sure the feeling is mutual but at some point these people need to be put in their place

grandparent - give me a break...how about their family pets - they weren't covered in the order - do we let in the dogs and cats?

really, at what point do we fight back and what tools do we use to fight?

we voted, that was supposed to mean something - but apparently its the least important thing we do right now - go through the motions, put on a good show...but its a farce

all of it

I thought these public servants were supposed to be working FOR us and not AGAINST us

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing this will be one of the next things for the media to spend endless hours discussing:

The August/September issue of the liberal political magazine "The New Republic" has a story about how Russian mobsters and corrupt oligarchs used Trump's properties to launder vast sums of money, and in the process, propped up Trump’s business and enabled him to reinvent his image.

Here's their lead-in to the story:

"In “Trump’s Russian Laundromat,” veteran journalist Craig Unger details how the Russian mafia has used the president’s properties—including Trump Tower and the Trump Taj Majal—as a way to launder money and hide assets. “Whether Trump knew it or not,” writes Unger, “Russian mobsters and corrupt oligarchs used his properties not only to launder vast sums of money from extortion, drugs, gambling, and racketeering, but even as a base of operations for their criminal activities. In the process, they propped up Trump’s business and enabled him to reinvent his image. Without the Russian mafia, it is fair to say, Donald Trump would not be president of the United States.”

Based entirely on the extensive public record, the piece offers the most comprehensive overview of the deep debt that the president owes the Russian mafia. “The extent of Trump’s ties to the Russian mafia—and the degree to which he relied on them for his entire business model—is striking,” says Eric Bates, editor of the New Republic. “After reading this story, it should come as no surprise to anyone that the president continues to exhibit a deep loyalty to the world of shady Russian operatives who have invested vast sums in his properties.”

Here's a link to the actual story. It's over 10 pages:

https://newrepublic.com/articl...onal-crime-syndicate

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

I have had this conversation with friends before as it pertains to the "It's just politics" angle. I'll ask you the same thing I ask them:

You're walking down the street minding our own business and some thug believes he is entitled to half of your money. He pulls a gun, and takes it.

Now imagine that you're sitting in your living room at home, and some Democrats believe they are entitled to half of your money. They send in a government agent with a gun and take it.

What's the difference?

What the DemonRats are doing in your example may be legal, while what the thief did was illegal. Morally, they are pretty close to equivalent though.

Another answer: "You will be in significantly less trouble if you shoot the stickup man (provided that you and/or your lawyer can convey that you were in legitimate fear for your life) than you will be if you shoot the government agent sent by the DemonRats (no matter what you or your attorney say)."

Elections have consequences. The less DemonRats in a position to send folks after your hard earned cash, the better off you are...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I'm guessing this will be one of the next things for the media to spend endless hours discussing:

The August/September issue of the liberal political magazine "The New Republic" has a story about how Russian mobsters and corrupt oligarchs used Trump's properties to launder vast sums of money, and in the process, propped up Trump’s business and enabled him to reinvent his image.

"In “Trump’s Russian Laundromat,” veteran journalist Craig Unger details how the Russian mafia has used the president’s properties—including Trump Tower and the Trump Taj Majal—as a way to launder money and hide assets. “Whether Trump knew it or not,” writes Unger, “Russian mobsters and corrupt oligarchs used his properties not only to launder vast sums of money from extortion, drugs, gambling, and racketeering, but even as a base of operations for their criminal activities. In the process, they propped up Trump’s business and enabled him to reinvent his image. Without the Russian mafia, it is fair to say, Donald Trump would not be president of the United States.”

Based entirely on the extensive public record, the piece offers the most comprehensive overview of the deep debt that the president owes the Russian mafia. “The extent of Trump’s ties to the Russian mafia—and the degree to which he relied on them for his entire business model—is striking,” says Eric Bates, editor of the New Republic. “After reading this story, it should come as no surprise to anyone that the president continues to exhibit a deep loyalty to the world of shady Russian operatives who have invested vast sums in his properties.”

That was a long article. I'll summarize it:

DJT is a successful business man and additionally a brand all unto himself. Also he owned very valuable and desirable real estate which was highly sought after. Very rich people bought those properties and sought to make deals with him in order to use his brand to make money themselves. He sold those people the properties and branding rights as any business man would do. It ended up turning out that some of those rich people got their money by committing crimes.

He has no duty to investigate where rich people get their money, in fact it's none of his business and would be bad for business.

It would be the same as saying Sports Authority was complicit in organized crime because they sell bats. They have no duty to ask their customers if they intend to break knee caps with those bats.

Giant nothing burger.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:

All I am going to say is being the Clinton's hit man must be a very well paid position and they do keep you busy. Wink

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

I don't think this guys knows much about this.

Did they impune Bernie Madoff's landlord? That could be money laundering. Most real estate transactions could be laundering, depending on the buyer's intentions which are seldom if ever known, and not ordinarily discernible with confidence anyway.

The use of the term "oligarch" raises hackles. What makes them so? Can I be one?

I sold a lot of houses to Mexicans. What were they doing? Buying houses to launder money? Drug shipments? Pretend to live in the states so their kids could go to US schools? Who the hell knows?

In my experience, which is somewhat significant, neither journalists nor US Attirneys know squat abiut real estate transaction, paperwork processes, money flows, custom and practice. Everything looks suspicious to someone who doesn't know what they are looking at.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson finds evidence of Russian colussion. It's just not how or who you'd think it would be based on media coverage.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

What's the difference?

The thugs are acting outside the law; the govt is acting within the law.

If you don't like the thugs taking your stuff, you can shoot them. If you don't like the govt taking your stuff, then you can vote, organize, protest, demonstrate, run for office yourself, etc etc etc. All sorts of legal actions are available to us under our current form of government to *change* the law.

Of course, that is too tedious for some; thus the 'shoot the feds' line that pops up here from time to time. If you don't like the govt we have, then move to Cuba or North Korea for a couple years; see what it's like when the govt has ALL the power and the people have none. Or move to Colombia, Syria, or Iraq where people randomly shoot federal officials. You just might discover that our current system isn't that bad.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post