SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Funny, the more I hear the democrats babble on about Russia the more I trust the Russians than the democrats.

And yes, I do believe this was somehow a set up by the DNC. It gives them every talking point they want "collusion, treason, purgery", etc. And because Sessions foolishly recused himself from any Russia investigation we have this shitbag Mueller and his hired DNC henchmen. I mean nay Democratic power lawyer who contributed to Clinton can join the team. I guess there are NO competent lawyers in DC (or the entire US) that lean right.

The ONLY way to stop this media narrative is to reopen the investigation into Clinton, open one into Comey and his AG, and publically call out leakers with harsh charges. The best policy speech in the world won't stop the narrative; the only thing that will slow the democrats down is going after them for all the crimes they have commited. The democrats dont care if anthing comes of this, all they care is that no new laws are passed. When they take back over they can cancel EO's easily.

Until the republicans learn to fight bare nuckled any victory will be short and fleeting.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Funny, the more I hear the democrats babble on about Russia the more I trust the Russians than the democrats.

And yes, I do believe this was somehow a set up by the DNC.

I don't mean a set up of Trump by the DNC, I mean a set up of the NYT by Trump. Fake news, and all.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
the more I trust the Russians than the democrats.

If you're over 35 I bet you never thought you'd say that in your life

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

Sad but true.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

And yes, I do believe this was somehow a set up by the DNC.

I don't mean a set up of Trump by the DNC, I mean a set up of the NYT by Trump. Fake news, and all.

Whether DNC or NYT or Trump, the issue is aggravating.

I thought President Trump told all his staff months ago to tell of any and all Russian contacts to stop exactly this kind of blow up. Can't somebody go through the emails, too?

Maybe the meeting was forgettable but someone should at least go through all the calendars for meetings. I'm still looking for the "You can't talk to a Russian" rule. Haven't seen one.

I guess you wonder if Trump led to releasing this to troll the press into showing the DNC tried to set up a Russian connection.

It's not playing as fake news because of Donald Jr's emails and nondisclosure.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It's quite amazing, and probably diagnosable. The left has a death grip on this Russia obsession. They really cannot let it go.
It's wonderful to behold.

Photoshop help, please?

Edit: Thanks, sigmonkey! Good work, as always.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ONLY way to stop this media narrative is to reopen the investigation into Clinton, open one into Comey and his AG, and publically call out leakers with harsh charges. The best policy speech in the world won't stop the narrative; the only thing that will slow the democrats down is going after them for all the crimes they have commited.

It's unfortunate isn't it? President Trump really just wanted to get on with the business of this nation. He was willing to focus on other things that needed focusing on, but now he doesn't have a choice.

He didn't want to have to open investigations, bring charges, and send some of these people to jail. Now that he's in that corner, his hands are tied.

He isn't a petty man seeking revenge. He was forced to do this due to their own actions. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ONLY way to stop this media narrative is to reopen the investigation into Clinton, open one into Comey and his AG, and publically call out leakers with harsh charges. The best policy speech in the world won't stop the narrative; the only thing that will slow the democrats down is going after them for all the crimes they have committed.

quote:

It's unfortunate isn't it? President Trump really just wanted to get on with the business of this nation.

It's unfortunate but ... necessary.
If you know leftists, you know they can never be left off the hook.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24108 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It's quite amazing, and probably diagnosable. The left has a death grip on this Russia obsession. They really cannot let it go.
It's wonderful to behold.

Photoshop help, please?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Donald didn't realize how deep the swamp is. The Rinos are equally if not more treacherous then the Dems. Both sides have managed to hamstring President Trump. They've had 7 years to put a plan together & will now cobble some deal within 3 weeks. Fire all these bums.

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be to President Trump & his true friends. And this Russian thing is really boring. All thes empty accusations with no proof. Of course Mother Russia would try to influence & distract our elections, anything to bring us down. Time to move on. Get these deadbeat politicians to produce.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the Sleazy Ass Kaine is making a bold statement.

Sen. Tim Kaine says Russia probe moving into possible 'treason'

http://www.richmond.com/news/v...49-69e6c7fd4fd4.html

U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., said Tuesday that the investigation into possible collaboration between Russia and President Donald Trump’s campaign could broaden to include potential “treason” as new details continued to surface about Donald Trump Jr.’s interest in accepting Russian assistance.

“We’re now beyond obstruction of justice in terms of what’s being investigated,” Kaine told reporters Tuesday morning. “This is moving into perjury, false statements and even into potentially treason.”

Kaine’s office said his remarks came in response to a reporter who used the word “treason” in a question. Kaine prefaced his answer by saying that “nothing is proven yet.”

The New York Times reported Tuesday that Trump Jr. agreed to a meeting last June with a Russian attorney after being told in an email that the lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, had incriminating information about Democrat Hillary Clinton that was “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

Trump Jr. has insisted the meeting centered mainly on Russian child-adoption policies and has said the attorney “had no information to provide” about Clinton.

“The information they suggested they had about Hillary Clinton I thought was Political Opposition Research,” Trump Jr. said in a statement posted to Twitter.

“I first wanted to just have a phone call but when that didn’t work out, they said the woman would be in New York and asked if I would meet. I decided to take the meeting.”

Kaine, Clinton’s vice presidential running mate on the 2016 Democratic ticket, called the emails “very explosive” in a later television appearance on MSNBC. The emails provide “wheelbarrows full of new evidence,” Kaine said, for special counsel Robert Mueller and other investigators.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

With all the attention HilLIARy was getting, I didn't realize how lucky we were to have avoided this goon as Veep.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

Sad but true.

Slept many nights at the end of the runway, ready to carry out the policy of mutual assured destruction with the Russians.

My how times have changed, today I have a whole lot more respect for the Russians than any Democrat, and that's not to say I trust Putin.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Tim Kaine oozes sleaze.

You said it, JALLEN. The thought of Hillary was so awful--so much awfulness to last a lifetime--that she overshadowed someone who would normally overshadow everyone else in his ability to wallow in the slime.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I think the NYT is pissed JR released the emails.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
{clutching their WWHCD* bracelets}

*What would Hillary Clinton Do

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
.......and yet another unexpected lurch....the "Russian attorney" now has been outed in photographs with bho ambassador, and other settings....

I don't intend to link to un-known un-news these days, yet the headline gave me a sudden chuckle and another reason to step back in appreciation.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
.......and yet another unexpected lurch....the "Russian attorney" now has been outed in photographs with bho ambassador, and other settings....

I don't intend to link to un-known un-news these days, yet the headline gave me a sudden chuckle and another reason to step back in appreciation.

Maybe she is an agent of the Obama Ambassador to Russia. There is a Russian connection after all!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

With all the attention HilLIARy was getting, I didn't realize how lucky we were to have avoided this goon as Veep.

Of all the things that I thought were particularly sleazy in the '16 race, Kaine is the poster boy for his performance at the VP debates.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:

From the Washington Compost...
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.5f14abbf3efd

Also linked to Fusion GPS, the firm who fabricated the Golden Showers dossier...
http://www.independent.co.uk/N...fusion-a7834541.html

Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr linked to investigation group behind salacious Steele Dossier

Andrew Buncombe New YorkMonday 10 July 2017 21:33 BST

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr and allegedly offered to supply damaging information about Hillary Clinton, is apparently linked to a firm that helped compile the notorious dossier of wild and unproven allegations about the US President.

The President’s eldest son said he met lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, after being told she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms Clinton. He said it soon become clear she had no such information and rather wanted to press him about her effort to overturn the Magnitsky Act, a US law that blacklists several Russians linked to the 2009 murder of another Russian lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky.

A spokesman for the President’s legal team told The Independent they now believed Ms Veselnitskaya and her colleagues had misrepresented who they were and who they worked for.

The President’s eldest son said he met lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, after being told she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms Clinton. He said it soon become clear she had no such information and rather wanted to press him about her effort to overturn the Magnitsky Act, a US law that blacklists several Russians linked to the 2009 murder of another Russian lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky.

A spokesman for the President’s legal team told The Independent they now believed Ms Veselnitskaya and her colleagues had misrepresented who they were and who they worked for.

Fusion GPS, which is based in Washington DC and was established by former Wall Street Journal reporters Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, found itself in the spotlight earlier this year after it emerged it was behind an “oppo research” dossier containing unproven and often salacious allegations about Mr Trump.

The company had originally been hired by Republican rivals of Mr Trump during the primary campaign. After he secured the party's nomination, the company was instead paid by Democratic financial supporters of Ms Clinton. In the summer of 2016, GPS hired former British intelligence agent, Christopher Steele, to help their work.

Mr Steele once headed MI6’s Russia desk and left in 2009 to form his own London-based consulting firm, Orbis.

Among the unverified information that Mr Steele provided for Fusion and which which was later shared with US intelligence and senior politicians, among them then President Barack Obama, was that Mr Trump had been compromised by Russia’s FSB spy agency during a trip to Moscow in 2013.

The dossier, which was published by BuzzFeed and denounced by Mr Trump as fake news, claimed Mr Trump was secretly filed with Russian prostitutes in a sting operation in Moscow’s Ritz-Carlton hotel.

The developments come as special prosecutor Robert Mueller is heading a federal probe into possible collusion between the Trump campaign team and Russia's alleged interference in the 2016 election.

The Associated Press said Ms Veselnitskaya, who was once married to a deputy transportation minister of the Moscow region, was “a largely unknown figure until” she began to represent the son of a Russian official in a major money-laundering trial.

It said her company, Kamerton Consulting, defended Denis Katsyv, the son of a vice-president of state-owned Russian Railways who was charged with money-laundering in the United States over a case tied to a massive Russian tax-fraud scheme. The case against Mr Katsyv’s company, Prevezon, was settled in New York in May for some $6m, three days before it was to go to trial, the AP said.

The news agency said US investigators suspect the Cyprus-registered company, bought upscale New York City property with some of the proceeds from a $230m Russian tax-fraud scheme brought to light by a Sergei Magnitsky, the lawyer with investment advisory Hermitage Capital, who later died in prison. The US passed the Magnitsky Act in 2012 to target those Russians allegedly behind Mr Magnitsky’s death.

The act has reportedly been a source of deep anguish to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who responded by ending American adoptions of Russian children.

Mr Veselnitskaya has for several years been leading a campaign to have the act overturned. As part of her effort she allegedly hired GPS Fusion. A complaint filed last year claimed that GPS Fusion headed the pro-Russia campaign to kill the Magnitsky Act.

Earlier this year, Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley asked the US Department of Justice to launch an investigation into Fusion GPS.

“Fusion GPS is the company behind the creation of the unsubstantiated dossier alleging a conspiracy between President Trump and Russia,” Mr Grassley wrote in the letter. “It is highly troubling that Fusion GPS appears to have been working with someone with ties to Russian intelligence - let alone someone alleged to have conducted political disinformation campaigns– as part of a pro-Russia lobbying effort while also simultaneously overseeing the creation of the Trump-Russia dossier.”

At the time, Fusion said it was not required to register as a foreign agent under the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

Fusion did not respond to inquiries on Monday. In a statement to the New York Times, which originally revealed the meeting behind Mr Trump Jr and Mr Veselnitskaya, the firm said: “Fusion GPS learned about this meeting from news reports and had no prior knowledge of it. Any claim that Fusion GPS arranged or facilitated this meeting in any way is false.”

Reports suggest the meeting between Mr Trump Jr and Ms Veselnitskaya was brokered by British music publicist, Rob Goldstone, Mr Goldstone told the Washington Post he had arranged the meeting at the request of a Russian client and had attended it along with Ms Veselnitskaya. Mr Goldstone has been active with the Miss Universe pageant and works as a manager for Emin Agalarov, a Russian pop star whose father is a wealthy Moscow developer who sponsored the event there in 2013.

Ms Veselnitskaya coould not be contacted. However, in a statement to the Times she said: “Nothing at all about the presidential campaign [was discussed at the meeting. I have] never acted on behalf of the Russian government never discussed any of these matters with any representative of the Russian government.”

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post