SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What really concerns me is that we have a huge part of the country that doesn’t recognize Trump as our President. They are still in complete shock that Hillary lost (especially to Trump).

I fear the next step is weaponizing impeachment proceedings. Because if they get a big enough majority in 2018, they’ll do it, and invent the reason later.

One we reach the point where you can impeach a President because you don’t like him, we will be just another banana republic.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
I fear the next step is weaponizing impeachment proceedings.
What does this even mean? "Weaponizing impeachment"? Say what? Are you trying to say that they'll try to impeach him? Just what do you think is already going on?

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What really concerns me is that we have a huge part of the country that doesn’t recognize Trump as our President.

I don't think that's true. There are a large number that are unhappy about it (just like we were with Obama), but they know dang well he is what they've got for the next 3.5-7.5 years.

"He's not my President" is just one step down from "I'm moving to Canada"

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
a huge part of the country that doesn’t recognize Trump as our President.

Not at all. A small extremely vocal minority that controls the media and entertainment industries is having a very public tantrum.

You can't impeach Trump because you hate him. The more false hope and resources wasted by the liberal dems the better.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I fear the next step is weaponizing impeachment proceedings.
What does this even mean? "Weaponizing impeachment"? Say what? Are you trying to say that they'll try to impeach him? Just what do you think is already going on?

When it came to impeachment, it was helpful to have a reason. Now, you don’t need one other than “we lost, and we don’t like it.” That's what I meant by weaponizing. Sorry for the hyperbole.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump is the President of the United States, legally elected and affirmed. The Republicans control both the House and the Senate.

Whenver you guys feel like panicking, just remember the above, and let's leave the exaggerations to the Leftists.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"His administration has yet to offer a Spanish White House website. It has eliminated the position of director of Hispanic media outreach"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tru...26338--politics.html

and the problem is ?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Justice Kennedy Tells October 2018 Clerkship Applicants He’s Considering Retirement, Right Before 2018 Midterms

Posted on July 2, 2017 4:38 pm by Rick Hasen

Big news hiding in Nina Totenberg’s story on Justice Gorsuch voting 100% with Justice Thomas:

But it is unlikely that Kennedy will remain on the court for the full four years of the Trump presidency. While he long ago hired his law clerks for the coming term, he has not done so for the following term (beginning Oct. 2018), and has let applicants for those positions know he is considering retirement.

Kennedy’s position on the court is more than consequential. In the most hotly contested and closely divided cases, his vote often decides the outcome. With every passing day, it has become more clear that President Trump’s first Supreme Court nominee, Neil Gorsuch, is probably even more conservative than the justice he replaced, Antonin Scalia.

This would put Justice Kennedy’s retirement right before the 2018 midterms, giving the Republican base reasons to turn out and keep the Senate with a Republican majority (already a strong possibility in 2018).

He’ll be able to go out on a high note, deciding the fate of partisan gerrymandering, gay rights, and who knows what else.

UPDATE: Republicans in the Senate would have a strategic decision to make: try to confirm a replacement before the elections, or use it as a tool to boost midterm turnout.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:UPDATE: Republicans in the Senate would have a strategic decision to make: try to confirm a replacement before the elections, or use it as a tool to boost midterm turnout.

I'd take what they can get before the election. You never know what happens with a gamble like that. Of course, Senators are much more concerned about their own re-election or their Majority Leader status than the country, so who knows?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
It has become more clear that President Trump’s first Supreme Court nominee, Neil Gorsuch, is probably even more conservative than the justice he replaced, Antonin Scalia.

That's a home run with the bases loaded. If Trump gets to replace Kennedy and DarthBader his thumbprint will be on the court for decades.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
It has become more clear that President Trump’s first Supreme Court nominee, Neil Gorsuch, is probably even more conservative than the justice he replaced, Antonin Scalia.

That's a home run with the bases loaded. If Trump gets to replace Kennedy and DarthBader his thumbprint will be on the court for decades.

He had best do it if possible before the Senate changes.

Remember what almost killed Obamacare? Ted Kennedy died, the 60th vote. His temporary replacement was a God Damned Commie, but his term was filled by a Republican. That forced some awkward tactical maneuvering.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

EXACTLY. Panic all you want but President Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do. Think about the last time you had a President stay steadfast and deliver campaign promise after campaign promise.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trump doubles down, and he has my support.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ke-news-attacks.html
quote:
"Roughly 163 tweets sent out by President Trump in June, three quarters of them at least had to do with policy, bilateral meetings, legislation, tweets like the ones you just showed," Conway said on "Fox & Friends." "You know the stock market loves that this man is president. ISIS is on the run. Jobs are being produced. You don’t hear any of that. The networks gave zero coverage to the passage of Kate’s Law."

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
What really concerns me is that we have a huge part of the country that doesn’t recognize Trump as our President.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:

Gee, that map looks kinda like the maps that Bill Whittle shows in the last minute or so of this edition of "Firewall":

Skip straight to 3:39 to see what the maps area all about.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sapper...you beat me to it. I just saw Mr. Whittle's video this morning and thought it was PHENOMENAL!!! Thanks for posting!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"His administration has yet to offer a Spanish White House website. It has eliminated the position of director of Hispanic media outreach"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tru...26338--politics.html

and the problem is ?

Don't worry, you didn't miss something. There is no problem.

From the link.

quote:
Trump still won about 28 percent of the Latino vote, similar to Mitt Romney in 2012, according to exit polls.
Roberto Izurieta, director of Latin American Projects at George Washington University, said that since Trump began his campaign, his rhetoric has been "very aggressive and very anti-Hispanic ."
"The president decided on Day One to stay with his electoral base. It means he will keep his divisive rhetoric and stay with his base, which is anti-immigrant," he said.

No you fucking idiot. He's not anti immigrant/Hispanic, he's pro American, and pro legal immigrant. Stop substituting immigrants for illegals, it is not the same thing. Not even close.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:UPDATE: Republicans in the Senate would have a strategic decision to make: try to confirm a replacement before the elections, or use it as a tool to boost midterm turnout.

I'd take what they can get before the election. You never know what happens with a gamble like that. Of course, Senators are much more concerned about their own re-election or their Majority Leader status than the country, so who knows?

Have the best of both. Nominate before the election and confirm during the lame duck session.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Have the best of both. Nominate before the election and confirm during the lame duck session.

We can't control the timing, but merely use the opportunities intelligently as they arise.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the Congressman in this video. The FNN personality doesn't want to listen to the criticism.

Rep Takes on CNN Host Over Trump Tweets

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post