SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The National Security Council cannot hand over records relating to former National Security Adviser Susan Rice’s surveillance of Americans, because they have been moved to the Obama presidential library and may be sealed for as may as five years, conservative watchdog Judicial Watch announced Monday.

They may not be available for public perusal, FOIA requests, etc. but I bet a criminal subpoena would loosen them up.

Breitbart sometimes gets over exuberant in things like this. Judicial Watch, too.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
A bit of interesting reading... Note what year it was implemented. Maybe Carter had something he didn't want public?

I haven't read the follow on presidential orders yet. I will have to do that tonight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...idential_Records_Act

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
The National Security Council cannot hand over records relating to former National Security Adviser Susan Rice’s surveillance of Americans, because they have been moved to the Obama presidential library and may be sealed for as may as five years, conservative watchdog Judicial Watch announced Monday.

They may not be available for public perusal, FOIA requests, etc. but I bet a criminal subpoena would loosen them up.

Breitbart sometimes gets over exuberant in things like this. Judicial Watch, too.

Those records were all about Yoga routines. The library staff will probably just shred/delete them.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Those records were all about Yoga routines. The library staff will probably just shred/delete them.

Supervised by Sandy Burglar?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I didn't apply early enough but it was still fun to be that close to President Trump!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
CNN Poll on Trump backfires. CNN asked its online viewers whether President Trump should be investigated for obstruction of justice.70% said no.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...obstruction-justice/

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
In the real good news column, Eric Holder is now part of the resistance to President Trump and is thinking about running for President in 2020. Only the dims could come up with a worse candidate than Hilary. Eric Holder and Maxine Waters 2020! Or should his running mate be Loretta Lynch or Susan Rice? Big Grin

Holder Joins the Resistance and Thinking of Running For President in 2020

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
In the real good news column, Eric Holder is now part of the resistance to President Trump and is thinking about running for President in 2020. Only the dims could come up with a worse candidate than Hilary. Eric Holder and Maxine Waters 2020! Or should his running mate be Loretta Lynch or Susan Rice? Big Grin

Haha wow!! Please make it so dems..

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Haha wow!! Please make it so dems..

WOW, the stupid never stops. Hilarious!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Of interest: LINK

quote:
Dems Suddenly Worry Trump Impeachment Could Backfire
Al Franken publicly frets what left-wing writers have been warning about for weeks — President Pence
by Brendan Kirby | Updated 20 Jun 2017 at 1:27 PM

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) said this week what liberal writers have been warning about for weeks: Impeaching and removing President Donald Trump could backfire.

The replacement for Trump, as fantastical as it would be to imagine his removal, would still not be defeated 2016 contender Hillary Clinton or a progressive in good standing. It would be Vice President Mike Pence.

Franken told the International Business Times during a stop on his book tour that “everything points” to collusion between Trump and the Russian government during the 2016 election campaign. But he was not exactly enthused about what impeachment would lead to.

Senator Al Franken Doesn't Like the Idea of a President Pence

[Go to URL to view video] Your content starts in 10 seconds

"Pence ran the transition and some of the very worst nominees, I felt — [Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott] Pruitt, [Education Secretary Betsy] DeVos, [Health and Human Services Secretary Tom] Price, [Office of Management and Budget Director Mick] Mulvaney — were Pence selections, clearly, I think," he said. "He's ideological, I consider him a zealot, and I think that in terms of a lot of domestic policy certainly would be worse than Trump."

Most Democratic lawmakers have not voiced such concerns out loud. Instead, 27 members of the House or Senate have discussed at least the possibility of impeachment, with some ready to draw up papers right now.

But Franken is far from alone on the Left in worrying that a President Pence would be worse for them.

"Removing Trump would just replace him with someone who is also terrible in his own right: Mike Pence," Alex Bolinger wrote this month on LGTBQ Nation. "While there are legitimate reasons for advocating that Trump be removed from office (to show that Congress still believes in the rule of law, for example), better policy is not one of them."

Bolinger added that, "Maybe it's because Pence actually had a job in politics before becoming vice president that he seems less destructive than Trump. But that's unlikely."

Progressive journalist Megan Carpentier wrote last moth in Dame that Pence would be an improvement on style only:

"Pence may not tweet like a Ritalin-addicted teenager with an impulse-control problem, a deep sense of entitlement, and something to prove, and he probably has the good sense not to yell at other world leaders and constantly publicly praise the most murderous ones … but in terms of actual, actionable policy decisions, the idea that Mike Pence would somehow be preferable to the man who is enacting every policy Mike Pence would himself enact is, and always was, the product of a fevered imagination."

Jeff Alson, an engineer from Ann Arbor, Michigan, expressed similar sentiments at the online magazine In These Times last month.

"Indeed, Pence could well turn out to be a complete disaster as president for liberal-minded Americans."

"If Trump were impeached and convicted, Vice President Mike Pence, a right-wing, evangelical ideologue, would be a much more reliable and competent rubber stamp for the conservative policy agenda," he wrote.

And the liberal hand-wringing over Trump's potential replacement is not confined to the United States. Toronto Star columnist Bob Hepburn last month urged his neighbors to the south to not to impeach Trump — at least not yet.

"Indeed, Pence could well turn out to be a complete disaster as president for liberal-minded Americans," he wrote. "In sharp contrast to Trump, the former Indiana governor is a serious politician with extremist policy views that liberals seriously don't like."

Hepburn wrote that Pence, with a Republican Congress rallying behind him, would push through a much more conservative agenda than Trump could pass.

"And that's why liberal-minded Americans, and like-minded Canadians, should be hoping the U.S. Congress doesn't impeach Trump — at least not just right away," he wrote.

There is evidence that rank-and-file Democrats are thinking the same thing.

"Democrats should not even pursue impeachment," Brooklyn resident Kenneth Roff wrote in a letter to the editor of The New York Times. "It would be better to run against the presidency of Mr. Trump in 2018 than Mike Pence, a sane, mentally stable, true conservative who would become president if Mr. Trump were impeached and removed from office. But would that be putting politics before country?"

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Tired of winning yet? Here's an article at Legal Insurrection that points out all the WIN that the MSM is ignoring: LINK.

quote:
Wins for President Trump underreported by American Press
Posted by Leslie Eastman Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 2:30pm

As we approach the 150 day mark for President Donald Trump’s first term, I thought in might be useful to have a retrospective post about how the American press has presented his record, outside of Twitter, Russia and Comey hearings…and highlight some of his underreported victories.

Professor Jacobson so noted, the news cycle is essentially over for the assassination attempt on the Republican congressional baseball team. To be sure, if the Democratic congressional representatives had been targeted (and the assassin found with a list of Democratic targets in his pocket), this would have been “top of the fold” for many more weeks to come.

Furthermore, the press will manipulate the headlines and ledes of stories to make it appear that President Trump is not going to keep his key promises, all in a media effort to peel off supporters. The New York Times reporting on Trumps supposedly retaining Obama Dreamer’s policy is one of the many examples.

In fact, at one point it was reported that Trump was going to keep the Paris Climate accord! That is why I have personally found it useful to wait 3-4 days for the real details of any story to finally make an appearance before swooning.

Today I thought I would highlight the President Trump’s top 16 wins, which may have gone under the radar with the media-generated obstruction and collusion drama.

1) #HePersisted.

Yes, the US is officially withdrawn from the Paris Climate Accord. He has also stopped payment to the Green Climate Fund.

2) Here come the judges!

President Trump has used the Reid rule and the Republican congress to appoint a slew of conservative judges.

3) The Art of the Re-deal.

President Trump has hit the reset button on the odious agreement that our former president made with the dictatorship of Cuba. He will retain the embassy for leverage. Additionally, he withdrew from the Trans Pacific Partnership and is looking to get better terms for this country under the North American Free Trade Agreement.

4) The return of our political prisoners.

Aya Hijazi and Otto Warmbier were languishing in foreign prisons during the Obama administration. They are now reunited with their families.

5) The Apprentice, White House Edition.

President Trump signed an executive order to expand apprenticeships and vocational training to help all Americans, offering an alternative to the progressive college educational pathway that has undermined the success of an entire generation.

6) Trump shatters a ceiling….with the stock market.

President Trump hasn’t allowed the press-induced political dramas to distract him from engaging with business leaders and implementing policies that actually help the American economy. The stock market’s record highs are a vote of confidence.

7) Trump ends the Y2K crisis.

The President ordered the end to record-keeping related to the preparedness for a bug that afflicted some computers at the turn of the century.

8) Regulations are now on the endangered species list.

The key to many wins on this list, and likely all the future lists that I will need to make, is that President Trump and his team are focused on ending regulations, rather than mending them or allowing them to breed unchecked.

9) Illegal border crossings have plummeted.

The number of attempts to illegally cross the southern border have dropped each month for the past 6 months, and President Trump gives no indication of his changing policies.

10) ICE ices violent gangs.

President Trump promised that his immigration policy priority would be the deportation of violent gang members, and Immigration and Customs enforcement is working to decapitate the worst of them: MS13.

11) Classic energy sources are making a return.

A new mine has opened up in Pennsylvania, while Obama-backed green energy companies go bankrupt.

12) American companies are now “in-sourcing” jobs.

Lowering regulatory burdens and fuel prices has meant that manufacturing plants are beginning to come back to both coasts and the Midwest. In fact, the business climate is so improved that some foreign companies are now planning to outsource to the U.S.

13) Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch.

Bonus: The nuclear option was deployed, ending the 60 vote requirement the next time President Trump nominates a Supreme Court Justice candidate.

14) Over 800,000 jobs created.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the labor market under President Trump has added over 810,000 jobs in his first five months. This can be compared very favorably with the record the former President (who lost over 3 million jobs in his first 5 months).

15) Melania Trump, First Lady of the United States.

President Trump’s mending of fences with allies, damaged by Obama, during his tour of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Rome, Brussels and Sicily will be the core upon which he will build a successful foreign policy that puts American first. However, the First Lady may have stolen the show and demonstrated what an asset to this country she is.

16) He’s still not Hillary Clinton.

A reminder of what life could have been like, in this video production in which she compares herself to Wonder Woman.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Help is on the way for law enforcement.

Justice Department gives aid to 12 cities for crime fighting help

Jun. 20, 2017 - 4:32 - Fox News contributor Deroy Murdock and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry on the Justice Department picking 12 cities to help develop long-term strategies to lower violent crime.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...9001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
More winning..CEO's praise for President Trump..good night. Cool

Left-wing media undermines White House meeting with tech giants

Jun. 20, 2017 - 2:51 - The Fiscal Times columnist Liz Peek on the left-wing media’s negative response to the White House tech summit.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...1001/?#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
Of interest: LINK

[QUOTE]Dems Suddenly Worry Trump Impeachment Could Backfire
Al Franken publicly frets what left-wing writers have been warning about for weeks — President Pence
by Brendan Kirby | Updated 20 Jun 2017 at 1:27 PM
The unbridled terror exhibited throughout this piece by these "liberal minded" morons, is music to my ears. These people are completely out of their minds and I am loving it.

Oh, and other than the mentally ill, who on earth gives a damn what Al Franken thinks or says on 'any' topic.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
DNC might want to re-watch "Tora, Tora, Tora" and cogitate on ADM Yamamoto's statement (in the movie, as not proven to have really said it, but let's not get too pedantic) - applicable to their treatment of us deplorables.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Still not tired of winning...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
a reminder:

Barack Obama 2006:

"There's no denying that many blacks share the same anxieties as many whites about the wave of illegal immigration flooding our Southern border — a sense that what's happening now is fundamentally different from what has gone on before,"

"Native-born Americans suspect that it is they, and not the immigrant, who are being forced to adapt to social changes caused by migration,"

"And if I'm honest with myself, I must admit that I'm not entirely immune to such nativist sentiments. When I see Mexican flags waved at pro-immigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I'm forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration."

but then the DEMs figured out they needed the illegal immigrant voters

https://www.lincolninstitute.org/article.php?id=8666

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Camille Paglia Blames Dems for Destroying Journalism — ‘It Is Going to Take Decades to Recover’

Tuesday on Sean Hannity’s nationally syndicated radio show, author and University of the Arts professor of humanities and media studies Camille Paglia railed against the current state of journalism in America.

Paglia called what she said the Democratic Party had done to journalism “absolutely grotesque” and warned it would take decades to recover.

“It’s obscene,” she said. “It’s outrageous, OK? It shows that the Democrats are nothing now but words and fantasy and hallucination and Hollywood. There’s no journalism left. What’s happened to The New York Times? What’s happened to the major networks? It’s an outrage.”

“I’m a professor of media studies, in addition to a professor of humanities, OK?” she continued. “And I think it’s absolutely grotesque the way my party has destroyed journalism. Right now, it is going to take decades to recover from this atrocity that’s going on where the news media have turned themselves over to the most childish fraternity, kind of buffoonish behavior.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video...-decades-to-recover/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I dissagree that it will take decades. Centuries will pass with this horse shit going on unabated. Unless civilization falls and we have another Dark Ages, from which we can emerge without all the TRASH dragging us down, this will never change. You heard me- short of a complete reset of human civilization, what we have now is what we'll have from now on. Period.

Nuclear war would do it. Short of that, short of some great plague that wipes out 90% of the stupid humans we're stuck with right now, there's no chance.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
Help is on the way for law enforcement.

Justice Department gives aid to 12 cities for crime fighting help

Jun. 20, 2017 - 4:32 - Fox News contributor Deroy Murdock and Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry on the Justice Department picking 12 cities to help develop long-term strategies to lower violent crime.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...9001/?#sp=show-clips

What role does the Justice Department and the Federal .gov have in local law enforcement?
Be careful what you wish for.

It's also interesting that these are mid tier cities. Chicago, St. Louis and Baltimore are not on the list.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Jeh Johnson is wrecking the DNC over their servers being hacked. "We offered to help when the hacking was found but they refused." Yo Danky,what up? Big Grin

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post