SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
They will tone down today. Tomorrow will be back to normal. And it will get worse. Trump has three and a half more years, plenty of time to pull out the really good rhetoric.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
After this latest shooting incident, I think many democrats and leftists will be forced to tone down their rhetoric a bit.
Why do you think that? The public won't even know the shooter was a Bernie fanatic because the MSM won't tell them. And the rabid Leftists won't care--they're just glad it was the GOP that was targeted.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
They will blame it on the gun, not the rhetoric. I personally would like to see protests and a shutdown of the JC play. Let's see these "art" displays for what they are; HATE SPEECH!

The same with any depiction of a severed head. Hate speech, plain and simple. Even my level headed liberal co-worker says that such displays are inappropriate. He views it as a protected right, but inappropriate nonetheless. He even admits that the media bias is deeply troubling.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Just because one has a right to do something does not mean it is right to do it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
They will blame it on the gun
Cut it out

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
They will tone down today. Tomorrow will be back to normal. And it will get worse. Trump has seven and a half more years, plenty of time to pull out the really good rhetoric.

There, I fixed it for you Smile

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump was right again. I also see a trend- If you try things can change.

quote:
Trump’s pledge to wipe out MS-13 gang paying off in NY

Of the 45 N​ew ​Y​ork​-area gang arrests over the last month by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Homeland Security, 39 were affiliated with MS-13,

http://nypost.com/2017/06/14/t...ng-paying-off-in-ny/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Damn republicans stop calling for bipartisanship. How about sacking up and telling the democrats to stop force feeding hate and fear to their crazy masses. The republicans sound as silly as Katie Perry telling us we have to "“I think that the greatest thing we could do is just unite and love on each other, and like, no barriers, no borders, like, we all need to just co-exist.”

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy if they stepped up and demanded an investigation into obstruction of justice by Loretta Lynch. According to Comey it sounds like she did. Sessions can lead it, since it has nothing to do with Russia. To me the fact that they are not calling for this tells me they do not care, and quite frankly that they hope this farce into Trump's alleged obstruction is successful.

posted Hide Post
Trump should invite Vladimir Putin over for a full State Dinner. You wouldn't need fireworks with all the democratic heads exploding.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well this isn't good. Special council doesn't comment, but leaks it to media Roll Eyes

No actual accusations, just a leak. You got something, put it out there. I'll be holding my breath.....

Special counsel is investigating President Trump for obstruction of justice, new report says

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election has expanded to include an examination of whether President Donald Trump attempted to obstruct justice, according to a new report from The Washington Post.

Daniel Coats, the current director of national intelligence, Adm. Mike Rogers, the head of the National Security Agency and Richard Ledgett, Rogers’ departed deputy, all agreed to participate in interviews with Mueller’s investigators as early as this week, five anonymous sources briefed on the requests told the Post.

It wasn’t immediately clear if others have been questioned by the FBI.

Investigators have also been looking for proof of possible financial crimes committed by Trump associates, officials told The Post.

The Special Counsel’s office declined to comment.

The president previously said he had received private assurances from fired FBI Director James Comey that he was not personally under investigation as part of the probe. Comey confirmed that he provided those assurances in testimony he gave to the Senate Intelligence Committee on June 8.

That changed following Comey’s firing, sources told The Post.

The investigation into obstruction of justice into Trump started days after Comey was let go on May 9, people familiar with the matter told The Post. Mueller’s office has resumed that work and early interviews scheduled to take place with intelligence officials indicate that his team is actively pursuing potential witnesses in and out of the government.

A March 22 exchange is allegedly of potential interest to Mueller, officials told The Post. Coats was attending a briefing at the White House then with officials from other government agencies. When that ended, Trump allegedly asked everyone to leave the room except for Coats and CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

Coats said that Trump had asked him if he could intervene with Comey to get the FBI to back off its focus on former national security adviser Michael Flynn as part of the Russia probe, The Post previously reported.

In his testimony last week Comey claimed that Trump urged him to “see your way clear” of letting Flynn go. Trump has denied the comment.

Fox News’ Jake Gibson and John Roberts contributed to this report.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Trump should invite Vladimir Putin over for a full State Dinner. You wouldn't need fireworks with all the democratic heads exploding.

Why make Comrade Putin go through all that, rent a tux and everything. Make him go down to Mar a Lago to dine on dover sole like the Chinese guy had to do.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Why make Comrade Putin go through all that, rent a tux and everything. Make him go down to Mar a Lago to dine on dover sole like the Chinese guy had to do.

Only if he flings a couple missiles at one of al-Assad's bases over dinner. Wink

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If anyone can't see that the "team" Mueller is putting together is just a hit squad going after Trump they are blind. I have NO faith in either Mueller or the entire process. He is a carreer DC operative. Just look at who he has hired. So far everyone had deep ties to the Democratic political establishment. I heard the same bullshit stories about how Comey had such a "high moral character" being used to describe Mueller. Not to metion that he is a close personal friend of Comey's. And we are expected to believe he is going to be impartial? Give me a break.

This has hatchet job written all over it. The democrats wanted Clinton to be cleared of mishandling classified info, for violating the federal records act, and for a host of other things. And she was. Now they want Trump to be found guilty of obstruction, and I have no doubt that Mueller will deliver that exact finding to them.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Trump has tapes.
He will pull them out when it suits him.

Besides, everything about Trump written in the Washpo has been fake the last 7 months.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
If anyone can't see that the "team" Mueller is putting together is just a hit squad going after Trump they are blind. I have NO faith in either Mueller or the entire process. He is a carreer DC operative. Just look at who he has hired. So far everyone had deep ties to the Democratic political establishment. I heard the same bullshit stories about how Comey had such a "high moral character" being used to describe Mueller. Not to metion that he is a close personal friend of Comey's. And we are expected to believe he is going to be impartial? Give me a break.

This has hatchet job written all over it. The democrats wanted Clinton to be cleared of mishandling classified info, for violating the federal records act, and for a host of other things. And she was. Now they want Trump to be found guilty of obstruction, and I have no doubt that Mueller will deliver that exact finding to them.

Mueller can't clear Clinton, nor can he "deliver that exact finding to them." I don't believe an incumbent President can be indicted, for one thing.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Mueller can't clear Clinton, nor can he "deliver that exact finding to them." I don't believe an incumbent President can be indicted, for one thing.

Nixon wasn't indicted either,but he was driven out of office.

I would guess the court of public opinion will count for something. The political elite are attempting to destroy Trump no matter what the cost to this country.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
And we are not going to take it if they attempt to pull this tripe on our President.

I think they'll fuck themselves if they do.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Whine Williams on Faux tried to assert in his most serious voice that this wasn't politically motivated

I guess he forgot a few things

like the gunman asked which political party the people on the field belonged to

like his anti-Trump tirades on the net

yep, Whine , you're dead on - not political at all - in spite of all the evidence to the contrary but that's whats so nice about being a elft-wing brain-dead liberal - you get to ignore evidence that doesn't fit the narrative and invent your own

I don;t know how this guy wakes up in the morning without cards telling him to breathe in and out

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post