SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

I am just so disgusted at the Congress people. Absolutly filthy people. They truly don't deserve to call themselves Americans. We bust our asses and they take us for granted. We pay taxes, try to raise families, and all they can think of is their carreer. Ugg. Depressing.

That may be what many Congressmen and women must think, too.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Another superb Trump appointment, just superb.
I've said it before, but this is likely the most conservative cabinet and set of appointees since...I don't know, Coolidge?

Yep, underneath the smoke & fire by the establishment, libs and media, the appointments are the meat of the Trump Presidency right now. Truly outstanding Mr. President.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16677 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Smoke? Fire? Meat?

Did someone say "cookout"? Razz

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Some good pork ribs for everyone.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'll take BBQ any day!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smoke? Fire? Meat?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Imagine that, the ruler of the epicenter of Islam treating our POTUS with respect and literally rolling out the red carpet, in spite of him not bowing and the First Lady not wearing a head scarf as the previous ones did.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Iran:
quote:
US-Saudi Arabia seal weapons deal worth nearly $110 billion immediately, $350 billion over 10 years

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/20...mp-begins-visit.html

Donald Trump is living the American Dream. The only place he's not looked up to and respected is America. Odd.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
I could not possibly agree with this more

Ben Shapiro: An Open Letter to President Trump:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...t-trump-ben-shapiro#
Dear President Trump,

I’m under no misimpression that you give a damn what I think. Obviously, you feel you’ve been well served by listening not to your critics but to your sycophants; you clearly believe that being reinforced in your behavior by those around you makes you a stronger leader, rather than a weaker one.

I get it, too. I understand that you’re under fire nearly all the time, and that it’s dangerous to take every critique seriously.

But you’re running out of chances to get this right.

If you won’t take it from me, take it from Ann Coulter. If you won’t take it from Ann Coulter, take it from Michael Savage. If you won’t take it from Michael Savage, take it from the Senators and Congressmen who are now stampeding away from you.

You came into office with a Republican House and a Republican Senate and a massive legacy of Obama failure. You came in promising to get things done quickly and efficiently, to win and never stop winning. And you had the opportunity to fulfill some of those promises. Instead, aside from the wonderful nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, nothing of note has gotten done.

And that’s because of you.

Yes, dealing with Congress is like trying to herd cats. But you can’t herd cats if you’re too busy shooting yourself in the foot. Yes, dealing with media is like attempting to feed a pack of hyenas. But you can’t deal with them if you’re too busy providing them red meat to dissect.

Here’s the sad truth: your problems right now are of your own making. Democrats were always going to try to pillory you. But you had a defense: they had no evidence. And you could say that freely, because it was true! You could go along with their investigations, just keep saying that you wanted everything out in the open more than they did, and everything would have been hunky dory. If you’re innocent, sunlight would show it.

Instead, you decided that you were so irritated by the necessity of investigation or the possibility that aides had deceived you that you ignored input and then attacked the investigators. In doing so, you looked guilty, you bred accusations of obstruction, and you seemed petty and vindictive. Why is there a special counsel now looking at Trump-Russia issues? Because you hired a National Security Advisor, Michael Flynn, that everybody knew had connections to foreign governments, despite all outside advice; you then fired him when those connections became apparent; you reportedly asked the FBI director to let Flynn off the hook; you asked your deputy attorney general to involve himself in creating a justification for firing your FBI director; you fired your FBI director and then admitted on national television that you fired him thanks to frustration over the investigation — necessitating that the deputy attorney general put forth a special counsel.

This isn’t on Democrats. This isn’t on the media. This is on you, because you decided that the political universe would bow to you, and when it refused, you crapped the bed.

Now, here’s the good news: you can fix this.

You can fix this by removing your ego from the equation. Your detractors will always believe that you’re guilty of something nefarious; your fans will always love you. But how you treat the special counsel will say something about how everyone else thinks. The appointment of Robert Mueller has removed Democratic ability to claim bias in the investigation; if you appoint a bipartisan FBI director, you’ll be able to remove their empty claims of quashing the investigation. Then, for the love of God, sit back. Sign off Twitter. Let people jabber and complain. Just keep saying over and over again that the investigation is moving forward with full speed, and you can’t wait to be exonerated.

And then work.

Pass your agenda. Bring the growth you promised. Sign executive orders.

Govern.

Or don’t. Keep feeding your ego. Keep complaining. Keep castigating the investigation as a witch hunt and playing the martyr. Keep insisting that your aides defend every indefensibly stupid thing you do — even when four simple words, “I made a mistake,” will buy you loyalty and instill the image of honesty. Keep saying there’s nothing to see, then reacting in the most suspicious possible way every time negative information leaks.

Right now, Mr. President, it’s you. You’re the problem. You can solve it. But only if you get over yourself.

For the sake of country, I pray you do.

Posts: 4454 | Registered: October 28, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The man doesn't need lectures. He needs our support. Donald Trump stopped Hillary Clinton. End of story. Stop bitching and start helping.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Who is Ben Shapiro?

Trump has shown himself to be a PR wizard. Of course, now, he has to face the concentrated power of the media, one of the few areas of our Constitutional culture that is virtually unregulated, and unregulatable. Read the court decisions NYTimes v. Sullivan and later. "Congress shall make no law..."

Trump isn't his own worst enemy; it is the media, and the quest for the Pulitzer Prize, fame, fortune and more besides.

The only real power we have over the media is exposing their faults and missteps, and ignoring their antics as extreme ideology, part of the communist conspiracy to assimilate world wide.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Slight O/T

Does anybody know if there is a color code for the Saudi men?

Some wear black robes, gold trimmed, with white headdress, some were red and white headdress. Some wear brown, gold trimmed, with white, or with red and white headdress. Others are all white, with red and white, etc, all different combinations.

Any scheme to this or is it what ever the individual feels like?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Who is Ben Shapiro?
I imagine your question is rhetorical, but Ben Shapiro is a very smart man who has a keen skill for arguing his position in real time. He has my respect and I am grateful for the fight he is waging, but he is also one of those conservatives who has despised Donald Trump from the moment they realized that the man might be POTUS.

I've watched countless online videos of Shapiro handing leftist imbeciles their stupid asses, but when it comes to the subject of Donald Trump, I pay Shapiro no heed.

Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump isn't his own worst enemy; it is the media, and the quest for the Pulitzer Prize, fame, fortune and more besides.

Trump is so obviously his own worst enemy. And, yes, the media is also his enemy. Trump and the media are simultaneously at war with each other and need each other, desperately.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump isn't his own worst enemy; it is the media

Bolded and repeated.

Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Who is Ben Shapiro?
I imagine your question is rhetorical,

Or a quote from Donald Trump?

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I think part of the problem with Trump is he is not a purist or even ideologically driven.

I believe I pointed this out months ago, that purists, and near purists might see some rough sledding in the years ahead.

He figures out what he believes is the smartest way to try something, and gives little worry to whether it falls left, right, around the corner, etc.

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post