This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4520048714

May 01, 2017, 08:45 PM
smschulz
The Trump Presidency
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Trump should VETO the damned thing and address the American public about why. Stick it back in the Hills's faces. A shutdown is a smoke screen anyhow.

Yes. I don't fear a government shutdown.
I am disappointed with the many Republicans in Congress who lack the courage to stand up to the DemoRats.

I agree ~ VETO it! Mad
May 01, 2017, 09:16 PM
lbj
There is plenty of discretionary funds for the wall.
I would think Trump has already identified such.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

May 02, 2017, 08:43 AM
AUTiger89
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Listening to Rush analyize the budget bill makes it clear it's an abomination foisted by the establishment and weak kneed dumbass congressional repubs.

Trump should VETO the damned thing and address the American public about why. Stick it back in the Hills's faces. A shutdown is a smoke screeen anyhow.

Trump should veto it, but he won't.

Trump was elected on the promise that he was a strongman, a fighter, who would change the way Washington works.

However, he is nothing but hot air. He talks tough but caves on everything. Truly a "first-rate ass clown".

Phone's ringing, Dude.
May 02, 2017, 08:53 AM
chellim1
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Trump should VETO the damned thing and address the American public about why. Stick it back in the Hills's faces. A shutdown is a smoke screen anyhow.

Yes. I don't fear a government shutdown.
I am disappointed with the many Republicans in Congress who lack the courage to stand up to the DemoRats.

I honestly don't think its so much standing up to the Demonrats but rather the donor class establishment. These cretins cower from any semblance of independence and allegiance to their constituencies in deference to their bank accounts.

PS chellim1 you need to reduce your avatar as it is WAY TOO BIG.

I think the avatar is fixed...

Yes, there's a lot going on here.

An important reference here is the earlier understanding of how then ‘candidate Trump’ personally put a platform plank of a Modern 21st Century Glass-Stegall banking reform into his economic policy agenda, and why it is important.

Here’s the dive:

“We support reinstating the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 which prohibits commercial banks from engaging in high-risk investment,” said the platform released by the Republican National Committee.

https://theconservativetreehou...simultaneous-fronts/

When Wall Street began purchasing the legislative influence, the outcomes therein became beneficial to Wall Street. Those benefits are detached from improving the livelihoods of main street Americans because the benefits are “global” needs. Global financial interests, investment interests, are now the primary filter through which the DC legislative outcomes are considered.

There is a natural disconnect.

♦ When Speaker Paul Ryan says: “Donald Trump and I come from two different wings of the party”, he is specifically pointing out this disconnect, yet few draw attention to it.

Trump represents the Main Street wing, Ryan represents the Wall Street wing.

The Wall Street wing of the Republican Party is bought and paid for by the same people who buy and pay for the Democrat Party.
Call it the UniParty:

The important thing to keep in mind is that legislation is written by lobbyists. It's not the Congress, or their staffers, it's the lobbyists (the Washington DC swamp) who are not elected but who represent the financial interests of those who pay them.

President DJT will have to somehow take back this function. His administration will have to take a more active role in actually writing the legislation.

The republicans and democrats in congress are leveraging their short-term CR to push the legislative priorities of K-Street. Unfortunately, most Americans don’t understand this dynamic and therefore direct their frustration toward President Trump who is put into a position of accepting the CR or vetoing it.

Most of the voting population of the U.S. would look at a Trump veto as a rogue president trying to shut down government and the corporate media would gleefully sell this narrative.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
May 02, 2017, 09:15 AM
LS1 GTO
Imagine the screaming and yelling of fascism if our President had the audacity to say in a speech "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" as his repair to the health-care bill works its way through the process.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

May 02, 2017, 09:38 AM
Fenris
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
quote:
Listening to Rush analyize the budget bill makes it clear it's an abomination foisted by the establishment and weak kneed dumbass congressional repubs.

Trump should VETO the damned thing and address the American public about why. Stick it back in the Hills's faces. A shutdown is a smoke screeen anyhow.

Trump was elected on the promise that he was a strongman, a fighter, who would change the way Washington works.

However, he is nothing but hot air. He talks tough but caves on everything. Truly a "first-rate ass clown".

I'm going to try and be as polite as I can under the circumstances, and I generally try not to get personal, but...

...in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator, "F. Y. A. H."

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
May 02, 2017, 09:39 AM
a1abdj
quote:

Sounds familiar.......

www.zykansafe.com
May 02, 2017, 09:53 AM
AUTiger89
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
quote:

I'm going to try and be as polite as I can under the circumstances, and I generally try not to get personal, but...

...in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator, "F. Y. A. H."

If you would like to provide evidence contrary to my assertion, I'm willing to listen.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
May 02, 2017, 09:57 AM
parabellum
quote:
If you would like to provide evidence contrary to my assertion, I'm willing to listen.
Oh, can I play, too? I don't have any "assertions" for you, unless that's a different way of saying "foot in ass insertion"

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
May 02, 2017, 09:58 AM
stickman428
You do realize there are over 1,300 more days left in his first term. Expecting everything to change in Washington immediately was naive and ignorant. Have some faith or go buy a pussy hat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
May 02, 2017, 10:01 AM
AUTiger89
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Oh, can I play, too? I don't have any "assertions" for you, unless that's a different way of saying "foot in ass insertion"

Yes sir. Sorry for my intrusion.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
May 02, 2017, 10:03 AM
stickman428
There have been some wins and losses. Calling him a assclown at this juncture and this soon in his presidency just makes you look like a whiny punk little bitch who loves to complain. Stow that shit. It accomplishes NOTHING. Has Trump been perfect? No. Have there been bumps along the way? Yeah. Am I going to throw in the towel and give up on Trump? FUCK NO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
May 02, 2017, 10:05 AM
parabellum
quote:
Sorry for my intrusion.
I do hope we understand each other.

May 02, 2017, 10:12 AM
bcereuss
quote:
quote:

Truly, remember...he's not Hillary.

Say that out loud 100 times-that shall be your penance:

"He's not Hillary"
May 02, 2017, 10:16 AM
airsoft guy
The Goldilocks mentality got us 8 years of Obama. I'll take an imperfect Trump presidency over a continuation of Obama's policies for the next 4 to 8 years, because that was the alternative.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
May 02, 2017, 10:18 AM
Hound Dog
quote:

Yeah, truly a "failed presidency.". . Roll Eyes

Tell us again why we would be better off with the hildabeast (because even you must realize that Jeb Bush and the other repub candidates never would have had a prayer of winning).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
May 02, 2017, 10:18 AM
parabellum
For anyone dull-witted enough to not spot the OBVIOUS before their very eyes, I'll once again point out that Donald Trump stopped Hillary Clinton.

And you guys want to BITCH about him? If you guys want to see EPIC wrath coming from me, tell us how bad President Trump is doing. Go ahead and open your fucking mouth with that nonsense.

No one else- no one else- could have stopped Hillary Clinton. Ted Cruz would not have pulled those crossover votes. You want to bitch and piss and moan about Donald Trump? In my book, you are absolutely clueless. You heard me. CLUELESS.

Get down of your knees and thank Almighty God that Donald Trump is President, and take elsewhere your gripes about the man who saved us.

Remedial class is over. You've been warned.

May 02, 2017, 10:21 AM
ChicagoSigMan
Back when the GOP was a minority party with the Dems holding the House, Senate and White House, I don't recall them having near as much power as the Democrats now wield as a minority party with the GOP holding Congress and the White House.

It is impressive to watch how the Democrats play the game and infuriating to see how bad the GOP is at it. I am starting to believe that the GOP is not actually incompetent - perhaps they mostly just want the same things as the Democrats. Of course, they won't tell us that at election time.
May 02, 2017, 10:21 AM
signewt
imaging somehow catches my attention more than it should....and I realize this 'masthead' is merely separate images superimposed over a current Drudge story on the budget.....yet it captures something and suggests at least agreement, if not outright collaboration, between what supposedly are opposing party symbols....eerie if you get my drift, but perhaps that's the point:

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

May 02, 2017, 10:24 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
..yet it captures something and suggests at least agreement, if not outright collaboration, between what supposedly are opposing party symbols...
Horse shit. I'll make a composite image showing Mussolini running an Olive Garden restaurant and it would have as much meaning as what you're suggesting.