SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
President Trump should authorize the submission of grant requests, but insist on his personal review and approval. Then prioritize his days so he has only a few minutes each day to do the reviews. He should start with small cities in America's middle, as they are disproportionately affected by the loss of grant money.

Neither Congress or the courts can tell him how to prioritize his personal workload

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31375 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
How do a federal judge's rulings affect the whole country and not just in his or her district?
Because it's not a district court judge, it's a circuit court judge.

quote:
District Courts and Circuit Courts (or Federal courts of appeals) are part of the federal court system. District courts are "lower" and have the responsibility for holding trials, while circuit courts are appellate courts that do not hold trials but only hear appeals for cases decided by the lower court.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The judge is a district court judge. William Orrick III. Northern District of Califonia.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The judge is a district court judge. William Orrick III. Northern District of Califonia.
Isn't this guy a 9th circuit judge?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Isn't this guy a 9th circuit judge?

Nope.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Orrick_III

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
The Ninth Circuit is also the most overturned circuit in the country. Seems the Judicial system should have a performance review system to help rid us of the judges who choose to attempt to legislate from their benches.

RMD
Yes the ninth is certainly overturned frequently, however the sixth and the eleventh lead the pack!

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Seriously?? I thought the Ninth won by a full length. Thanks for the correction.

RMD

quote:
Originally posted by Midwest Guy1:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
The Ninth Circuit is also the most overturned circuit in the country. Seems the Judicial system should have a performance review system to help rid us of the judges who choose to attempt to legislate from their benches.

RMD
Yes the ninth is certainly overturned frequently, however the sixth and the eleventh lead the pack!

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
in which case you are impeached and run for Congress.

How very true!! Smile

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://freebeacon.com/national...clear-threat-urgent/

The Senate took part in a rare White House briefing on Wednesday to hear what senior leaders described as "an urgent national security threat" posed by North Korea's nuclear and missile programs.

The hour-long secret session for all senators was held at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, next to the White House, and included a brief appearance from President Trump who made short, introductory remarks.

Marine Corps Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, also took part in the session. His presence is an indication that military options for dealing with North Korea likely were discussed.

New steps by the administration will include the imposition of additional economic sanctions.

"The United States seeks stability and the peaceful denuclearization of the Korean peninsula. We remain open to negotiations towards that goal. However, we remain prepared to defend ourselves and our allies," Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, and Director of Intelligence Dan Coats said in a joint statement after the briefing.

Trump's approach seeks to pressure North Korea into dismantling nuclear, ballistic missile, and proliferation programs through imposing tighter economic sanctions and diplomatic measures, the three leaders said.

Sen. John Barrasso (R., Wyo.) told MSNBC the meeting was "very consequential" and included discussion of North Korea's shift from liquid to solid fuel missiles, and improving nuclear weapons and missile capabilities.

Sen. Chris Coons (D., Del.) called the session "very clear-eyed, sober and serious."

The administration recently completed a review of North Korea policy. New policies under consideration are imposing so-called secondary sanctions on North Korea that would be designed to cut off supplies of missile and nuclear goods from places such as China and Russia.

A U.N. panel of experts revealed in a report in February that debris obtained from a North Korean missile flight test last year included Chinese and Russian components.

North Korea relies on China for as much as 90 percent of its foreign trade.

U.S. intelligence agencies are closely watching North Korea for signs of another underground nuclear test, or a long-range missile test.

North Korea earlier this week carried out a large-scale live-fire artillery drill with some 300 to 400 artillery pieces firing into the sea.

North Korea has amassed a large percentage of its forces, including hundreds of artillery pieces along the demilitarized zone separating North and South Korea. The artillery is within range of the South Korean capital of Seoul.

"We are engaging responsible members of the international community to increase pressure on the DPRK in order to convince the regime to de-escalate and return to the path of dialogue," Mattis, Tillerson and Coats said, using the acronym for North Korea.

"We will maintain our close coordination and cooperation with our allies, especially the Republic of Korea and Japan, as we work together to preserve stability and prosperity in the region."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/new...rticle146897144.html

“Kim Jong-Un is clearly in a position to threaten Hawaii today, in my opinion,” Adm. Harry Harris, the chief of U.S. Pacific Command, told the House Armed Services Committee. “I have suggested that we consider putting interceptors in Hawaii that . . . defend (it) directly, and that we look at a defensive Hawaii radar.”

posted Hide Post

Posts: 12574 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Too true:

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
With all this crap about Trump releasing his tax returns, I think that he should make a deal with the leftists.

He'll release his tax returns when Hadji releases his college records.

That should shut them up for awhile.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what he should do is ask all of the democrats to release their tax returns as well - you know, transparency and all

lets see them as well

otherwise he should continue to ignore them or just tell them to STFU until they release their own

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fox is getting pretty shitty during the day. They covered Trumps meeting with Aluminum CEOs. Many of the CEOs were quite supportive of Trump and expressed optimism or discussed past layoffs and either said they were working on rehiring laid off workers or were hoping to hire again soon. It was definitely a positive vibe. As soon as they ended the live coverage the idiot taking head immediately started droning on about Matt Flynn possibly breaking the law and now it cast a dark cloud on Trump's administration. FUCK the media. It would fucking kill them to actually cover positive things this administration is doing.

I was pretty pissed off about this today. (obviously) Then it dawned on me. Why doesn't Trump do more of these meetings, that will be covered live, later in the day or during evening when the media will be forced to cover it. Why not force their hand and show how Trump is following through on a campaign commitment and actually doing some good? Why not maximize the number of eyes seeing your success?

It's not something he could do constantly without being annoying and interrupting dancing with the idiots but doing this occasionally might be beneficial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21062 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear President Trump:

Is there a way to change the "emotional support" animal thing?

I'd really hate to sit right by a baboon next time around. Plenty of baboons already.

Respectfully,
jehzsa

PS. The emotional support pony pooped in the aisle. Was expecting an officer to reaccommodate
it. None showed up.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to hearing his speech at the NRA annual meeting tomorrow.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
He's coming to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Saturday for a 100 Days celebration rally and our local GDC Trump-hating newspaper the Phila Inquirer was bitching that "he only goes to places where he can face adoring crowds".
Roll Eyes

Yes, because your Messiah Barry Odumbo ONLY ever sought out places with lots of hostile crowds...

These people are ridiculous and acting like little spoiled children.

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
He's coming to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Saturday for a 100 Days celebration rally and our local GDC Trump-hating newspaper the Phila Inquirer was bitching that "he only goes to places where he can face adoring crowds".
Roll Eyes

Yes, because your Messiah Barry Odumbo ONLY ever sought out places with lots of hostile crowds...

These people are ridiculous and acting like little spoiled children.

Hey GDCs!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
PASig, do you subscribe to that paper? If so there is a easy solution to your problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21062 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
PASig, do you subscribe to that paper? If so there is a easy solution to your problem.

I read it online and there's a good amount of worthwhile stuff on there, despite all their Trump hate.

They just haven't gotten over PA turning red for the first time since 1988 and are PISSED.

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post