SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This is getting beyond ridiculous with these activist judges.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
William Horsley Orrick III. Appointed by Obama in 2013.

By an incredible "coincidence", Orrick was a "bundler" in the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections. In 2008 he raised at least $200,000 for Obama and donated $30,000 to committees supporting Obama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Orrick_III

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... if these liberal judges had blocked the previous administration in the very same fashion, the hue and cry would have been heard in McMurdo.

... this is becoming very risky business.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute. Don't I recall Obama threatening to pull ALL Federal funding from a state if cities refused to follow his sanctuary ideals or prosecuted illegal immigrants according to the law?

THAT was ok, why is this not Ok? It sure seems like the same latitude within the law to me.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What is the best way for Trump to combat these activist judges?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It's OK, merely a delay, that's all.
They will get their's in the end, pun intended.

Especially San Francisco.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Now he can appeal all the way to SCOTUS. And he can still find ways to slow down the money. Things get hung up in the bureaucracy all the time.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Could someone explain to me something real quick? Why is the federal government funding city expenditures? Unless it's a interstate or multi state rail project I don't see a need for fed.gov funds. Am I missing something?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great idea to me Cool

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) introduced a bill calling for the use of $14 billion seized from cartel drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman to be used to pay for the President’s border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.
“Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,” Senator Cruz stated, according to a statement obtained by Breitbart Texas from the senator’s office. “Ensuring the safety and security of Texans is one of my top priorities.”

The Texas senator said that leveraging criminally forfeited assets from El Chapo and other Mexican cartel members and drug dealers can “offset the wall’s cost and make meaningful progress toward achieving President Trump’s stated border security objectives.”

Senator Cruz introduced the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order (EL CHAPO) Act on Tuesday. “The U.S. Government is currently seeking the criminal forfeiture of more than $14 billion in drug proceeds and illicit profits from El Chapo, the former leader of the Sinaloa drug cartel who was recently extradited to the U.S. to face criminal prosecution for numerous alleged drug-related crimes, including conspiracy to commit murder and money laundering,” Cruz stated.

The Mexican government extradited the former Mexican drug kingpin in January, Breitbart Texas’ Ildefonso Ortiz reported. The move to an American prison cell followed months of court battles in Mexico and multiple escapes from prison by Guzman. As part of the agreement with Mexico, Guzman will not face the death penalty in the U.S. for his crimes. Prosecutors filed murder charges against the former drug lord in relation to the killings of a U.S. citizen and two relatives.

http://www.breitbart.com/texas...po-fund-border-wall/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So now CNN is laying the blame on Trump, for a battle that's been going on for years, probably before he even considered takign a shot at being President..

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/2...-wto-tuna/index.html

Where is all of the "its Obama's fault"?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go with both.
Also, I am loving what I'm seeing so far. Keep the wins coming, we need them.

Life is too short for bad days!

Posts: 4 | Location: London | Registered: April 24, 2017Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why doesn't a republican judge step in and stay the other judge, let it proceed pending further litigation - tat could give us a few years to implement the policy and start to put a stranglehold....

there has to be at least ONE republican judge somewhere in this country...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Restructure the judicial circuits. The 9th Circuit is far too powerful.

Splitting up the 9th Circuit Court
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4460070914/p/1

A Good Article on the Role of the Judiciary
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...930033224#3930033224

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24112 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The Ninth Circuit is also the most overturned circuit in the country. Seems the Judicial system should have a performance review system to help rid us of the judges who choose to attempt to legislate from their benches.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump needs to fill the 150 or so federal judge positions that are currently open and the republicans need to use the nuclear option to do it. They force fed us federal judges under Harry Reid.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
The Ninth Circuit is also the most overturned circuit in the country. Seems the Judicial system should have a performance review system to help rid us of the judges who choose to attempt to legislate from their benches.

RMD

Unconstitutional. Federal judges are appointed for life during good behavior.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Judicial legislating is good behavior?

I thought their job was to interpret the Constitution and the Law.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

RMD
Unfortunately, using that logic, the only way to oust them is to impeach them I believe.
Good luck with that.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

RMD

"Good behavior" does not extend to second guessing their decisions. It covers things like not showing up to work, habitual inebriation, failing to render decisions, bank robbery and taking bribes, in which case you are impeached and run for Congress.

One of the primary factors in life time appointments is to avoid having judges make decisions worrying about being kicked out of office or kowtowing to popular or political sentiment.

The key remedy is appoint and confirm quality people, sound thinkers, not fire breathing extremists. Another factor would be care in drafting and passing legislation. These compromises sometimes sail off into interpretative never-never land.

This has happened before, with every controversial issue since ratification.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How do a federal judge's rulings affect the whole country and not just in his or her district?

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post