SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
America currently has access to 500 years' worth of coal -- far more than any other nation.
Yep, and now China is buying it from us instead of from NK.

USA has about 29% of the worlds coal.
8.26001E+11 tons.

I recall an article from a couple years ago that indicated that we had enough coal to last some 1100 years. Don't remember where I read it, but it was being bandied about in the media.
[/QUOTE]
Well no wonder the left wants to shut down the coal industry. Harm America first.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
...[snip]...
(And I think that application from the Berkeley Police Department is a fake--no sane department would include a recommendation for "symbolic arrests".

flashguy
Are you saying you think anything in Berzerkeley is sane? That is not a bet I'd take.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
(And I think that application from the Berkeley Police Department is a fake--no sane department would include a recommendation for "symbolic arrests".

flashguy

Nope it's verified. I do agree that it's crazy, but you can go to the city of Berkeley's main page and follow the links for yourself to verify.

City of Berkeley:
http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/home.aspx

Under the Services tab, click on Police...On the police page scroll down on right side under 'Popular Resources' and click on 'Protest Guide'. On the Protest Guide, click on 'Event Planning Checklist' and you will see the checklist for planning your riot, offering 'symbolic arrests' at a time and place of your choosing.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
America currently has access to 500 years' worth of coal -- far more than any other nation.
Yep, and now China is buying it from us instead of from NK.

USA has about 29% of the worlds coal.
8.26001E+11 tons.

I recall an article from a couple years ago that indicated that we had enough coal to last some 1100 years. Don't remember where I read it, but it was being bandied about in the media.

Well no wonder the left wants to shut down the coal industry. Harm America first.

Be suspicious of these prophecies.

I was dissuaded from becoming a wealthy oilman upon reading in a school newspaper decades ago that the entire world supply of oil would be exhausted by 1996. Fooled me completely!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:

...I have heard speculation that the size of the previous tests were such that there may be no devices. I have read somewhere that the underground tests could have been conventional explosives (many, many tons worth) to give the appearance of working devices. I am not saying I believe that, but I don't know that I have read that we definitively know that they were all nukes (really have not done much searching on the net to see if our intelligence agencies have proven they were all nukes or not)...

We used to detect Russian tests by flying a U-2 over the area and sampling for radiation from the blasts. Apparently, the frequency of the radiation is such that it passes through dirt, at least to the depth of several miles.

Assuming we still have that capability, the test results could be considered classified, so we might not find if the nukes were real or not.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:

...I have heard speculation that the size of the previous tests were such that there may be no devices. I have read somewhere that the underground tests could have been conventional explosives (many, many tons worth) to give the appearance of working devices. I am not saying I believe that, but I don't know that I have read that we definitively know that they were all nukes (really have not done much searching on the net to see if our intelligence agencies have proven they were all nukes or not)...

We used to detect Russian tests by flying a U-2 over the area and sampling for radiation from the blasts. Apparently, the frequency of the radiation is such that it passes through dirt, at least to the depth of several miles.

Assuming we still have that capability, the test results could be considered classified, so we might not find if the nukes were real or not.

And we're still flying U-2's but now over Korea.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
We have aircraft (The WC-135: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...135_Constant_Phoenix) that are designed to detect radiation samples in the atmosphere.

You can apparently tell a LOT about a given device by the radioactive particles it puts off - yield, efficiency of the device, where the plutonium came from, etc. And they just have to be down-wind of the blast site (well out in International waters away from NorK interference).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Links on Drudge this morning pertinent to Trump:

• "The Trump Slayer" doesn't get the win he hoped for in Georgia, must now go into a runoff election in which the Republican field is narrowed and Republican votes will therefore be more concentrated. This is good news, friends. "Trump Slayer" link

• 89% of all media coverage on Trump is "negative". That's news? But it's at least nice to see proof of what we all know: The MSM is populated by GDCs and is spoon feeding the public nothing but anti-Trump bullshit. Anti-Trump media link

Thanks,

Sap
  •  
    Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
    Picture of olfuzzy
    posted Hide Post

President Donald Trump signed a bill to extend the Veterans Choice Program at the Oval Office on Wednesday, inviting influential veterans groups to join him.
    “The veterans have poured out their sweat and blood and tears for this country for so long, and it’s time that they’re recognized, and it’s time that we now take care of them, and take care of them properly,” Trump said.

The bill allows veterans to seek private care outside of the VA system, if they live more than 40 miles away from a VA hospital or can’t get an appointment within 30 days. Trump specifically thanked Senator John McCain and Senator Johnny Isakson for their work on the bill, as well as Rep. Phil Roe, the Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans Affairs.

“Some people have to travel five hours, eight hours, and they’ll have to do it on a weekly basis, and even worse than that,” Trump said. “It’s not going to happen anymore.”

Trump was joined by Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin, who praised the bill.

“This is a good day for veterans,” he said. “This is a great day to celebrate not only what veterans have contributed to the country, but how we’re making things better for them.”

The extension of the bill passed by Congress authorized the sharing of medical records to hospitals outside the VA and modifies the procedures for reimbursement for private hospitals.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...rans-choice-program/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by olfuzzy:

President Donald Trump signed a bill to extend the Veterans Choice Program at the Oval Office on Wednesday, inviting influential veterans groups to join him.
    “The veterans have poured out their sweat and blood and tears for this country for so long, and it’s time that they’re recognized, and it’s time that we now take care of them, and take care of them properly,” Trump said.

The bill allows veterans to seek private care outside of the VA system, if they live more than 40 miles away from a VA hospital or can’t get an appointment within 30 days. Trump specifically thanked Senator John McCain and Senator Johnny Isakson for their work on the bill, as well as Rep. Phil Roe, the Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans Affairs.

“Some people have to travel five hours, eight hours, and they’ll have to do it on a weekly basis, and even worse than that,” Trump said. “It’s not going to happen anymore.”

Trump was joined by Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin, who praised the bill.

“This is a good day for veterans,” he said. “This is a great day to celebrate not only what veterans have contributed to the country, but how we’re making things better for them.”

The extension of the bill passed by Congress authorized the sharing of medical records to hospitals outside the VA and modifies the procedures for reimbursement for private hospitals.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...rans-choice-program/

If they don't fix the program all they are doing is extending a political feel good policy instituted by the previous administration.

You don't make an appointment with your local doctor, have the problem taken care of and the doctor bills the VA. You call the VA, the VA consults with the local doctor and then decides if you go to that doctor or wait for the VA to get you in. I tried this last August, as long as the VA is involved in this program it's not worth much.

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Report This Post
    Unhyphenated American
    Picture of Floyd D. Barber
    posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
    Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
    10mm is The
    Boom of Doom
    Picture of Fenris
    posted Hide Post
    Some days are good, some not so good.

But every day is a day that the Evil Witch is not in power, which makes it a pretty good day regardless or irregardless for that matter.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
    A Grateful American
    Picture of sigmonkey
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Fenris:... every day is a day that the Evil Witch is not in power,...

"That's a nice day, Sergeant Savage..."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
    always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
    wishing we
    were congress
    posted Hide Post
    Senate Judiciary chair Chuck Grassley on Supreme Court:

“I would expect a resignation this summer,”

http://hotair.com/archives/201...otus-opening-summer/

rumors have swirled around Washington that swing-vote Justice Anthony Kennedy wants to quit

He hasn’t interviewed prospective clerks for the next session

JALLEN pointed out that Kennedy has hired 4 clerks.

moved up his traditional five-year summer reunions for past clerks up a year

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of bigdeal
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

rumors have swirled around Washington that swing-vote Justice Anthony Kennedy wants to quit

Very good news indeed. Now where's Ginsberg's resignation letter? If Kennedy goes and then Ginsberg quits, the meltdown in the liberal world should be epic.

-----------------------------
    Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
    Vote the
    BASTIDS OUT!
    Picture of yanici
    posted Hide Post
    Keep your fingers crossed on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy didn't wait until after the 2018 midterm elections though. I can't see the old crow Ginsberg giving in though.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Report This Post
    Only the strong survive
    Picture of 41
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by bigdeal:
    quote:

Very good news indeed. Now where's Ginsberg's resignation letter? If Kennedy goes and then Ginsberg quits, the meltdown in the liberal world should be epic.
    Kennedy is typically the swing vote and his potential replacement would be huge. Of course, Kennedy was not supposed to be the swing vote since he was nominated by Reagan.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
    I believe in the
    principle of
    Due Process
    Picture of JALLEN
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    Of course, Kennedy was not supposed to be the swing vote since he was nominated by Reagan.

Ahhh, Supreme Court Roulette! Guts or better to open!

This is the chance you take. You just never know how it will work out.

There are many surprises, not very many of them pleasant.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post