SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Keep Draining the Swamp... Don't let up...

While it is clear what President Trump ought to do, it is not clear what President Trump will do.

This is the key statement in the article. The rest is pretty much stating the obvious.
This is my only disappointment with Trump so far . There is no swamp draining taking place instead there is resistance to legal proceedings to get the DOJ to do exactly what the article suggests be done. It's baffling really.

It's the one campaign promise that needs to be fulfilled more than the others. If not any change is only temporary.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am another that is truly impressed with Nikki Haley. This lady has balls and is not afraid to show them.......such a pleasant change since Trump took over!!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no swamp draining taking place...
It's baffling really.

I know, right?
It's baffling that Koskinen hasn't been cut loose yet.

quote:
If a lifelong Democrat partisan like Koskinen, who misled congressional investigating committees and pretended that Lois Lerner and her cronies did nothing, still has a high post in the Trump administration, then why would any of these bad actors worry at all?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is this the part of the thread where we bitch about the man who stopped Hillary Clinton? He hasn't done a damn thing so far to turn us around from the Obama era, has he?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Posted at 2147, 17Jan17 (yes, by sigfreund)

“I have been looking at tea leaves and sheep entrails, though, and that leads me to predict that within the next year, many, many of President-Elect Trump’s supporters will be complaining about things he’s done or hasn’t done.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
There is only so much one man can do in that festering puss pocket. We are only 11 weeks in, give the man more of a chance. He is still trying to build his cabinet and alliances, kinda hard to do when so many are against him or won't work with him.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Right. He hasn't been President for 3 months yet, and much has already been done.
But there's a lot of swamp to drain... so let's Keep Draining the Swamp.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The job is President, not Emperor.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the DEMs have been effective in delaying the Trump administration in fully transitioning from the Obama administration. But it is only a delay.

We will see much more action as President Trump gets his team in place more widely throughout govt.

This was very organized by the DEMs. Delay the transition as much as possible.

Keep pounding the ridiculous "Russians hacked the election".

Try to take out as many key Trump players as possible.

Delegitimize Donald Trump's Presidency in every way they can. MSM criticize everything the Trump Administration does. If there is nothing to criticize, make something up out of thin air.

Paul Ryan dropped the ball big time in repealing obamacare.

But President Trump has "taken the beach-head". He has enough troops in place to survive the massive attack from all sides of the far left.

He got almost all of his cabinet nominations through.

Getting Neil Gorsuch confirmed was a big deal. It was a huge deal.

The flow of illegals into the country has dramatically dropped.

There is a changing mood in much of the country that things are getting better. That we have a president who cares about Americans and "America First". The DEMs looked foolish and unreasonable in the nomination hearings.

It is apparent we have a President of action rather than a poser.

Given that Donald Trump was never elected to anything before, his performance so far has been remarkable.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is this the part of the thread where we bitch about the man who stopped Hillary Clinton? He hasn't done a damn thing so far to turn us around from the Obama era, has he?

It's as if some people just don't WANT to be happy.

We haven't even passed the first 100 days yet and he's shown more leadership and decisiveness than we've seen since Reagan.

But but but there is ONE minor issue that he hasn't fixed yet. OMG, the dems have won. We are all lost. No hope. Wail, moan, and gnash our teeth. . . Roll Eyes

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I think everything is going fine, maybe better than expected.
We all know of the Trump hate on all sides of the aisle that's out there, so a reality check in in store for us.

I also knew going in that Trump would do some things I disagreed with, which is great compared to the 95% I would disagree with what Hillary would be doing.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Trump is doing an incredible job. We are so lucky to have someone with insight, understanding, and guts. Most politicians are mostly interested in looking good and pushing their own agenda. I am extremely impressed with Trump, and believe there are few that could govern well and fend off the hordes of adversaries.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
How does that saying go??? "When you're digging yourself into a hole, the first rule is to stop digging."

It was a huge hole. We've stopped digging. Now to see whats in the hole. There's ALOT of crap in this hole...

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Considering what we have had since Ronald Regan, I am ecstatic with President Trump, the direction he is heading, and the rapidity of his cabinets implementation of what they have been able to do.

It is obvious to me, that the biggest negative in his leadership, is those who oppose him for the sake of opposing him.

And I take it personally, because it is not DJT that they are finger poking in the eye, it is me, and the rest of We the People...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
There's a story that I hope hasn't already been posted here.

Pope Francis and President Trump where out on a yacht when a stiff breeze blew the pope's beanie out to sea. DJT immediately stepped overboard, walked across the water, retrieved the hat, and returned it to the pope.

Next morning the headline in the Washington Post was, "DONALD TRUMP CAN'T SWIM."

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I hope hasn't already been posted here.

Not more than three or four times.

According to the book The End of the Cold War 1985-1991 by Robert Service, Mikhail Gorbachëv said the same thing in complaining about criticisms of him, so it’s been around awhile.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a story that I hope hasn't already been posted here. [joke about Trump and the Pope]

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I've been out of touch. Folks have been looking up my asshole.

Perhaps you guys would care for a quick glance up there. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
I hope hasn't already been posted here.

Not more than three or four times.

According to the book The End of the Cold War 1985-1991 by Robert Service, Mikhail Gorbachëv said the same thing in complaining about criticisms of him, so it’s been around awhile.

LBJ, too.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, I've been out of touch. Folks have been looking up my asshole.

Perhaps you guys would care for a quick glance up there. Big Grin

What the hell? Something up there is looking out at me.... Eek

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post