SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AzMikeCFD102:

The US was also branded 'a partner of ISIS' by al-Assad's spokesman, calling the missile strikes 'reckless and irresponsible' and accused Trump of 'naively falling' for a 'false propaganda campaign' about the Idlib Sarin massacre.

That'll sure rip it with the ISIS crowd, waking up to read they are accused to being in partnership with the Great Satan.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I'd love for Trump to actually say this as an 'in your face' to Obama.

I would also love for him to say, 'We don't allow dictators to gas children, that's not who we are, we are better than that.'

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

I would also love for him to say, 'We don't allow dictators to gas children, that's not who we are, we are better than that.'

Ha - beautiful!!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe he just did - and repeated it 50-60 times (depending on which missile count you read)!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Foxnews is hyping the crap out of the "Russian Frigate is heading towards the general vicinity of the two US ships that fired the missiles. . . Eek Eek " Never mind that the Admiral Grigorovich class frigate doesn't match up to a SINGLE Arleigh Burke destroyer; we have a 2-1 numerical advantage. Not that it matters, because NOTHING will happen between the ships.

This crap happens ALL THE TIME. It's international statesmanship/sabre rattling. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING bad will happen with the Russian and US ships. This is Cold War 101 stuff.

I imagine all sorts of snowflakes cowering in their safe spaces, skipping work and classes, trying to concentrate on their coloring books to suppress the overwhelming terror of the Eevil Trump pushing us towards WWIII. I expect the 'doomsday clock' to skip forward several minutes based on this. Roll Eyes

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Tomahawks are like EDC ammo. It's good to shoot some off once in a while and keep the supply fresh. Big Grin

Yep

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Russian PM--"One step closer to war."

This would be the same Russia that colluded with Trump...right?!?

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Brian Williams- Poet Razz

He went on to call the images "beautiful pictures of fearsome armaments."

I quite like that. Makes a nice CUT or sigline.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I hate to be the penny pincher here, but at ~$1M each, we spent around $60M today in Tomahawks on this little bitch slap of Assad. Can we please go back to plain ole conventional bombs dropped from a aircraft. Heck we could have even done more damage, dropping more ordinance, for less total out-of-pocket cost.

Come on Don, think about the income statement impacts. You need to up the ROE on this investment. Razz

When were they actually transferred to the military as an asset? Can that be amortized? Also, can we defray the cost a bit if we add advertising stickers?

"Bwando/Magpul/ART+15 Clothing PRESENTS, a Raytheon/GD Production...." etc.

Creating jobs and rewarding investors!

Hot damn! I take back my initial comments. Ole Don is pumping up the market again. The 'Trump Bump' continues. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
quote:
I hate to be the penny pincher here, but at ~$1M each, we spent around $60M today in Tomahawks on this little bitch slap of Assad. Can we please go back to plain ole conventional bombs dropped from a aircraft. Heck we could have even done more damage, dropping more ordinance, for less total out-of-pocket cost.

Come on Don, think about the income statement impacts. You need to up the ROE on this investment. Razz

When were they actually transferred to the military as an asset? Can that be amortized? Also, can we defray the cost a bit if we add advertising stickers?

"Bwando/Magpul/ART+15 Clothing PRESENTS, a Raytheon/GD Production...." etc.

Creating jobs and rewarding investors!

Hot damn! I take back my initial comments. Ole Don is pumping up the market again. The 'Trump Bump' continues. Smile
Still up 1.63% as of 1 minute ago

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Putin is furious. He wants to know why the mythical collusion agreement wasn't honored.

His lawyers told him "Vlad, look on the last page in fine print. It says only valid if he wins California and New York"

just kidding
Excellent! Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The President's Weekly Address

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...Lfk&time_continue=11

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just heard Dana Perino and I thought she had some interesting things to say. She said, "The world leaders have been trying to figure President Trump out since November 8th, and they got clarity last night."

She went on to say. "Any President is speaking to multiple audiences all at once, our allies, our enemies, the American people, and our military. I think what this says to our military is that the strategy might not be perfect, and it might not be all laid out--they've been working on a Syria strategy in the Security Council and the DOD, and it's not all there. This activity by Assad basically leap-frogged to the head of the line, and he decided to act. I feel he stood up for the decency that makes America exceptional."

I thought that was pretty good.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
nothing prettier than a night launch of a Tomahawk

I can do nothing but agree with you there...

tax dollars well spent...

and we already paid for them several years when they were made so, we as tax spenders, actually got more than we paid for!! woo hoo

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Just heard Dana Perino and I thought she had some interesting things to say. She said, "The world leaders have been trying to figure President Trump out since November 8th, and they got clarity last night."

She went on to say. "Any President is speaking to multiple audiences all at once, our allies, our enemies, the American people, and our military. I think what this says to our military is that the strategy might not be perfect, and it might not be all laid out--they've been working on a Syria strategy in the Security Council and the DOD, and it's not all there. This activity by Assad basically leap-frogged to the head of the line, and he decided to act. I feel he stood up for the decency that makes America exceptional."

I thought that was pretty good.

Yes and she was about as anti Trump as you can get.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...l-weapons-purge.html

Susan Rice and other former Obama administration officials are taking heat for past claims that their 2013 Syria agreement successfully led to the Assad regime purging its entire chemical weapons stockpile -- in the wake of this week's alleged sarin gas attack.

Video footage from the chemical attack scene immediately raised credibility problems for claims made by members of the Obama administration that the prior agreement had rid the war-torn country of chemical agents.

During an interview this past January with National Public Radio, former National Security Adviser Rice touted the “success” in Syria, in striking a deal with Russia's help that resulted in the prior administration dropping the threat of military action.

“We were able to find a solution that didn’t necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished,” she boasted. “We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons stockpile.”

good old Susan Rice

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley is proving to be one of Trumps better appointments.

quote:
U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley forced Bolivia to "defend the atrocities of the Syrian regime" in "full public view" on Friday, after the country's ambassador requested a closed session to discuss President Trump's strikes in Syria.

Trump ordered the missile strikes in response to a chemical weapons attack by Syrian President Bashar Assad Tuesday which killed dozens in northern Syria.

Haley revealed the Bolivian ambassador's request for a private emergency session of the U.N. Security Council in a written statement Friday morning.

She countered: "The United States, as president of the Council this month, decided the session would be held in the open. Any country that chooses to defend the atrocities of the Syrian regime will have to do so in full public view, for all the world to hear.”

At the session, Haley stood by the U.S. actions, and said that when the international community fails to act, it is up to individual states to act themselves.

”The moral state of the Assad regime could no longer go unanswered. His crimes against humanity could no longer be met with empty words. It was time to say enough. But not only say it, it was time to act,” she said.

Haley also questioned Russia’s role in carrying out a deal to remove chemical weapons -- arguing that either Moscow knew about the weapons, was “incompetent” in removing them, or was played “for fools” by Assad. She went on to warn that more U.S. action could be on the table.

“The United States took a very measured step last night. We are prepared to do more. But we hope that will not be necessary,” she said.

Bravo Ambassador Haley!

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...l-weapons-purge.html

“We were able to find a solution that didn’t necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished,” she boasted. “We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons stockpile.”

good old Susan Rice

Susan Rice is a pathological liar. She has no credibility.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post