SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I fully expect to wake up in the morning with the sound of liberals chanting "impeachment, impeachment" Roll Eyes

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
some short video and pics released by Pentagon:

https://twitter.com/passantino...news%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Well fuck that place in particular.

Looks like aircraft and be dispersed in harden shelters. Maybe that explains the number of misslesused.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topherh:
Several B-2's in the air over the Kansas City area this afternoon. That's not normal....perhaps more to come?

Interesting and all, but seriously there is no need to post information about military movements on the internet.
What you saw was in all likelihood just routine operations.
Regardless at least let our adversaries work for their intelligence gathering.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
News said that between the two ships, they could have had as many as 70.

I wonder if Trump said "Just fire all you've got. Just incase"

Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Per the Pentagon, the Russians were warned by the US to leave the airbase in advance of the attack.

The United States needs to bolster its military arsenal and increase the number of active duty military personnel, PDQ.

Absolutely.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
USS Porter launching Tomahawks ( impressive )

https://youtu.be/BltK3oWVTrM

more pics and info at

https://news.usni.org/2017/04/...rike-chemical-attack

BTW, from 2014:

President Barack Obama is seeking to abolish two highly successful missile programs that experts say have helped the U.S. Navy maintain military superiority for the past several decades.

The Tomahawk missile program—known as “the world’s most advanced cruise missile”—is set to be cut by $128 million under Obama’s fiscal year 2015 budget proposal and completely eliminated by fiscal year 2016 , according to budget documents released by the Navy.

In addition to the monetary cuts to the program, the number of actual Tomahawk missiles acquired by the United States would drop significantly—from 196 last year to just 100 in 2015. The number will then drop to zero in 2016.

http://www.washingtontimes.com...ire-missile-program/

this got turned around and I believe Tomahawks are still being produced

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nothing prettier than a night launch of a Tomahawk

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I bet there was a collective "get some" from the men on those ships when they got the order to strike. Morale in our active duty men of the Armed Forces must be soaring at the moment.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
A military strike in Syria, Gorsuch is on the Supreme tomorrow night and the Rice issue is going to get hot and heavy.
What a great day.

Yeah, Trump's got this.
Go Trump.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
And it's not even Friday Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
A military strike in Syria, Gorsuch is on the Supreme tomorrow night and the Rice issue is going to get hot and heavy.
What a great day.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
MSNBC reporting on air that the runways were not targeted or hit.

Tarets were fuel, aircraft, radar, and defensive hardware.

Also said that the actual chemical weapons were not targeted.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
statement sent by Pentagon spokesman Capt. Jeff Davis:

The strike was conducted using Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles (TLAMs) launched from the destroyers USS Porter and USS Ross in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea. A total of 59 TLAMs targeted aircraft, hardened aircraft shelters, petroleum and logistical storage, ammunition supply bunkers, air defense systems, and radars. As always, the U.S. took extraordinary measures to avoid civilian casualties and to comply with the Law of Armed Conflict. Every precaution was taken to execute this strike with minimal risk to personnel at the airfield.

The strike was a proportional response to Assad’s heinous act. Shayrat Airfield was used to store chemical weapons and Syrian air forces. The U.S. intelligence community assesses that aircraft from Shayrat conducted the chemical weapons attack on April 4. The strike was intended to deter the regime from using chemical weapons again.

Russian forces were notified in advance of the strike using the established deconfliction line. U.S. military planners took precautions to minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel located at the airfield.

We are assessing the results of the strike. Initial indications are that this strike has severely damaged or destroyed Syrian aircraft and support infrastructure and equipment at Shayrat Airfield, reducing the Syrian Government’s ability to deliver chemical weapons. The use of chemical weapons against innocent people will not be tolerated.

https://news.usni.org/2017/04/...rike-chemical-attack

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I really feel sorry for President Trump. Because, you know, the Russians have all that stuff they can blackmail him with and everything. Smile

I hope Comey didn't spend too many resources in that Russian "collusion" investigation he has been doing for 10 months.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Interesting point you made. I wish I had thought of it.
Trump just shot a giant hole in the Russian collusion narrative.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Imagine how a politician would have handled Syria. By the time he/she gathered enough consensus and support to encourage the cowardly lion, the response would have been hollow and so late as to make the observer wonder, why now?...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I hate to be the penny pincher here, but at ~$1M each, we spent around $60M today in Tomahawks on this little bitch slap of Assad. Can we please go back to plain ole conventional bombs dropped from a aircraft. Heck we could have even done more damage, dropping more ordinance, for less total out-of-pocket cost.

Come on Don, think about the income statement impacts. You need to up the ROE on this investment. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I hate to be the penny pincher here, but at ~$1M each, we spent around $60M today in Tomahawks on this little bitch slap of Assad. Can we please go back to plain ole conventional bombs dropped from a aircraft. Heck we could have even done more damage, dropping more ordinance, for less total out-of-pocket cost.

Come on Don, think about the income statement impacts. You need to up the ROE on this investment. Razz

Cost per ordinance you may be correct, but you have to consider risk as well - F/A-18s run what these days, about $35-40 million per? Lose one plane, even from maintenance or mishap (let alone AA action) and possibly an air crew and I rather spend the money on the Tomahawks.

Use them up and it is easier to get the production line going again (jobs, jobs, jobs!)

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Somebody mentioned SAMs in the other thread. Double-digit Soviet SAMs are NOTHING we want to mess with (SA-10, SA-20, etc). Cruise missiles are great when we don't want to lose a human flight crew. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:Somebody mentioned SAMs in the other thread. Double-digit Soviet SAMs are NOTHING we want to mess with (SA-10, SA-20, etc). Cruise missiles are great when we don't want to lose a human flight crew. . .

Considering the maintenance backlog on our aircraft, it might not even take a SAM to lose a plane/crew over enemy territory. We seriously need to ramp up the maintenance and resupply our depleted stores FAST.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topherh:
Several B-2's in the air over the Kansas City area this afternoon. That's not normal....perhaps more to come?

I couldnt find anything on google but royals home opener was yesterday. Several years have had b2s flyover.

That 60M was already spent. Once thier made money is gone!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post