SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
May God Bless America and God bless the world.

Donald Trump April, 6 2017

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
How exactly would the Syrian government benefit from the use of sarin gas?
Your question assumes brains in the Syrian military and I see no evidence of that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
why would Assad use sarin gas, a move that would only embolden the opposition and external push for his removal, when a) The Syrian government went to extremes in 2013 to allow OPCW inspectors to dismantle their chemical warfare program and stockpiles and b) The SAA and Iranian-backed forces had all but reversed most of the gains made by Islamist groups over the course of the past six years? Why not use conventional bombs ( greater casualty rates and property damage while only drawing minimal condemnation)? How exactly would the Syrian government benefit from the use of sarin gas?

Maybe Assad is just an asshole?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
why would Assad use sarin gas, a move that would only embolden the opposition and external push for his removal, when a) The Syrian government went to extremes in 2013 to allow OPCW inspectors to dismantle their chemical warfare program and stockpiles and b) The SAA and Iranian-backed forces had all but reversed most of the gains made by Islamist groups over the course of the past six years? Why not use conventional bombs ( greater casualty rates and property damage while only drawing minimal condemnation)? How exactly would the Syrian government benefit from the use of sarin gas?

They used gas before when they crossed Obamas redline. Obama did nothing. Syrian leaders watch American Media in their anti Trump fit and he likely believed that Trump wouldn't act. Trump was tested and Trump responded. The Dems are huddling in their safe spaces trying to decide how to spin this. We live in a new world since hilde beasts defeat.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:

Maybe Assad is just an asshole?

Accurate analysis.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20806 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
My thought is that this was a test of Trump. Obama would have cried and limp wristed the response. The Donald basically said "Hell no!" And kicked them in the teeth.
Did Russian have a part in this? Donno.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Per the Pentagon, the Russians were warned by the US to leave the airbase in advance of the attack.

The United States needs to bolster its military arsenal and increase the number of active duty military personnel, PDQ.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The U.S. military saw the aircraft on a radar and watched them drop the bombs, the officials said. The radar soon picked up the flashes and booms in the rebel-held area of Syria.

That is some radar that can detect bomb flashes and hear the booms. . . Roll Eyes

Not directed at you, sdy, but the imbecile who wrote that sentence.

quote:
My thought is that this was a test of Trump. Obama would have cried and limp wristed the response.

president sparklemuffin would argue that "There's no conclusive PROOF that Syria used chemical weapons. . . " and launch an 'investigation' (that would go absolutely nowhere). He would delay and drag his feet, and the msm would come up with something about the kardashians or something to distract the sheep, and the issue would be forgotten (except by Assad and others who would simply see it as yet another example of flaccid 'leadership').

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21838 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not disagreeing with anyone's points. I just couldn't figure out what Assad had to gain from pulling a stunt like this. Hopefully Trump ups support for our allies on the ground and sends surface to air missiles to rebel groups. With SAA and Russian CAS grounded the rebels should be able to push toward Damascus and remove Assad, and his head, from power.

Posts: 624 | Registered: September 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Several B-2's in the air over the Kansas City area this afternoon. That's not normal....perhaps more to come?

Posts: 170 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Per the Pentagon, the Russians were warned by the US to leave the airbase in advance of the attack.

<snip>

Para,

May I ask where you saw/heard that? I am trying to find a link to read more...

ETA - Found a link:

http://www.startribune.com/tru...al-attack/418545133/

Before the strikes, U.S. military officials said they informed their Russian counterparts of the impending attack. The goal was to avoid any accident involving Russian forces.

Nevertheless, Russia's Deputy U.N. ambassador Vladimir Safronkov warned that any negative consequences from the strikes would be on the "shoulders of those who initiated such a doubtful and tragic enterprise."

The U.S. also notified its partner countries in the region prior to launching the strikes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yo, Vladimir! How they hangin' about now, babe?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Assad has used Sarin (GB) before. He uses it to kill the opposition and to terrorize the opposition.

Why would he use it? Because no one backed up their "red lines" before.

We heard many times that Iraq moved its' chemical weapons to Syria. You know, the Iraq that had no WMD. But the country next door has multiple chemical agents. What a coincidence.

N Korea will be watching this too. When the Iranians, Syrians, and N Korea know we will act if provoked, this might make them pause.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
CNN is reporting that "the cruise missiles are very precise. You can select an air base, or a runway and hit that"

Wow, you can actually hit an air base with a missile? That is precision I tell you.

Roll Eyes

CNN thinks that Slim Pickens personally guides them to their target, bareback style.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
some short video and pics released by Pentagon:

https://twitter.com/passantino...news%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
CNN is reporting that "the cruise missiles are very precise. You can select an air base, or a runway and hit that"

Wow, you can actually hit an air base with a missile? That is precision I tell you.

Roll Eyes

Well, if it's a really BIG Air Base, with "Air Base" painted on the front gate. And close by.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
#shitsgettinreal

Smile

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
some short video and pics released by Pentagon:

https://twitter.com/passantino...news%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Well fuck that place in particular.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a picture of how that runway looks now in comparison to that picture from Oct. of last year. Not nearly as pretty I hope.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I guess Putin is really pissed that he threw the election to Trump. (sarc)