SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I have said it before. There will be no admissions of guilt from any Democrat involved with these issues. They will deny, lie, and take the Fifth. No new information will be obtained from them.

Well, fortunately for us, we don't NEED an 'admission of guilt.' Rice can lie and evade all she wants; it's not like she is completely untouchable without an admission of guilt. A simple "Guilty" charge will do nicely.

What is a "guilty charge?"

quote:
We don't need to be so whipped and cowed by the antics of the leftists that we wring our hands and fret over getting them to 'admit' to anything.

Investigation.
Trial.
Verdict.
Sentence.

Problem solved (and a big warning to the NEXT bunch of leftists that may want to try this crap in the future).

Ahh, the luxury of simplicity.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Nunes just recused himself from running the Russia investigation.

Posts: 9436 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:

For chrissakes!

Well, maybe they know that they have the Democrats, particularly the Obama administration, dead to rights in regards to corruption and don't want anything getting in the way of that or any distractions.

I don't know, but this is infuriating.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Why in the world would he do that?? I hope that there is an explanation.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Why in the world would he do that?? I hope that there is an explanation.

The commies forced his hand by filing bogus ethics charges against him.

Bastards. There'll be a day of reckoning, I have no doubt.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
This is rich! One of the supposed charges is that he improperly disseminated classified information.

So all of a sudden "they" are concerned about such a thing...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Not surprised at all.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The Democrats did not want Nunes to recuse himself and step aside.

Quite the opposite, they expected him to not step aside but be hobbled by the ethics investigation.

This just blew up on the Democrats, his stepping aside is the last thing they want.
As I said, they wanted a wanted him damaged but remain in place so could point to him as being corrupt.
Their plan just backfired.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The God Damned Commies are bound and determined that no one not in their camp will conduct an investigation, on any issue of past misconduct.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't see why anyone is getting upset about this. Anyone who thinks this is such a terrible thing, please explain to us the negative consequences of Nunes stepping aside.

And, yes, my goodness, Trey Gowdy is so unqualified to step in and conduct such an investigation, isn't he? I guess we're sunk.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107493 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trey Gowdy is a KATN guy. Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone whom I'd be less desirous of having prosecute me for a crime than Trey Gowdy.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Trey Gowdy is a KATN guy. Big Grin

If they made a TV show just of him doing congressional inquires I'd watch it. I love to watch him take people apart.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Agree on Gowdy.

And for anyone who needs some Trump Prozac...

NYT predicts 82% chance Trump wins FL

"ass clown thread"
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/9570044383/p/900

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Until something huge happens, I am just a spectator. It's way too early in this administration to get weeweed up at the play-by-play. Just sit back and have a little faith.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Color me skeptical, it's just a show....

They all are in each others pocket for all the grandstanding, posturing, feigned disgust the left, right, and center protect their own. Own meaning anyone in congress/government employ.

These hearings are had for show, legally there is nothing congress can do to the person. The guilty are never charged, all you have to do is refuse to remember or answer, get immunity and never show up, congress is in fact a paper tiger by design, it's nothing more than a show, Look at us, we're appalled we'll get to the bottom of this, watch us!

If congress called me I'd just go on vacation, there's nothing they can do to anyone, and they know it, so unless the DOJ decides to take over, and we never see that happen... it's just showtime folks!

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.politico.com/story/...-russia-probe-236951

The Intelligence Committee's Russia investigation will be taken over by Reps. Michael Conaway (R-Texas), Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) and Tom Rooney (R-Fla.).

"I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the Committee’s Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter."

although Nunes has been attacked by all the media as being out of his league, I think he has done a good job. He is fighting a vast multi-agency intelligence community that is out of control and working for the Democrats

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Do you guys remember all the times Democrats recused themselves when conflicts of interests came up? Yeah me neither. The GOP needs to tell CNN and the democrat party where they can shove their calls for recusal. Dems don't fuck around. I want to see the GOP aquire some teeth and a HELLACIOUS taste for blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter

posted Hide Post
Heard about this on my Rush podcast last night.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fp...re-daniel-greenfield

Interesting piece and spot on.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician