SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Fox News Story

Scumbag. Just shows she (and they) have no integrity. "My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen." Yeah, forget about morals and ethics.

"Former interim Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile admitted Friday that she forwarded Democratic primary debate questions to members of Hillary Clinton's campaign – something she had previously denied.

In an essay for Time published Friday, called “Russian DNC Narrative Played Out Exactly As They Hoped,” the Democratic strategist said she had in fact passed on topics, despite saying she had not when her communications with the campaign were leaked by WikiLeaks in October.

“[I]n October, a subsequent release of emails revealed that among the many things I did in my role as a Democratic operative and D.N.C. Vice Chair prior to assuming the interim D.N.C. Chair position was to share potential town hall topics with the Clinton campaign,” she wrote.

In October, emails from Clinton campaign Chair John Podesta's account were released by WikiLeaks showing that Brazile – then a CNN contributor – had forwarded questions ahead of a March primary debate.

In one email, Brazile told Clinton Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri, “One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash,” the night before a March 6 CNN primary debate in Flint, Michigan.

“Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint,” Brazile wrote.

The following night, a question along those lines was posed to both Clinton and her primary rival Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt.

In another email, dated Mar. 12, she passed on to Palmieri a question on the death penalty set to be asked in a Mar. 13 town hall and said: “From time to time I get the questions in advance.” After Palmieri responded, Brazile wrote back: “I’ll send a few more.”

However, in an interview with Fox News on Oct. 19, Brazile denied helping Clinton during the primaries. She said she was being persecuted and questioned the credibility of the hacked files.

“As a Christian woman, I understand persecution, but I will not sit here and be persecuted,” Brazile said. “Your information is totally false.”

CNN would go on to sever ties with Brazile after the emails were leaked.

In the essay, Brazile said she will “forever regret” the decision to leak the questions to the Clinton campaign.

“My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen. But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret,” she wrote.

Adam Shaw is a Politics Reporter and occasional Opinion writer for FoxNews.com. He can be reached here or on Twitter: @AdamShawNY."

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, when Paul Ryan speaks these days, I make sure I don't hear a single word he says. I don't trust him, I don't like him, and I don't want to hear his bullshit. I know I am not alone in this respect.

Agree.
I know the job is somewhat like herding cats, but he's not been good for the party or the country as Speaker. It's a shame... because I had high hopes for him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24111 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
“My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen. But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret,” she wrote.

Make no mistake, she was completely good with leaking the questions in advance. Completely good with lying to cover it up. It is the fact that she sent the emails that got her caught is her forever regret........

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Make no mistake, she was completely good with leaking the questions in advance. Completely good with lying to cover it up. It is the fact that she sent the emails that got her caught is her forever regret........

Like most, if not all, liars and cheats. They are only sorry that they got caught.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
simple, elegant, inexpensive, recyclable and gets the job done

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Brazile is just a typical lying democrat like the rest of her ilk...I remember her calling the people of Tennessee "stupid" because the state didn't carry another lying democrat..."garden gate Gore".

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we should actually be thanking her for helping ol' Hillary get the nomination...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a shame... because I had high hopes for him.

....I share your disappointment. He couldda been somebody. We were wrong.

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My first thought was... inside job.

Agent paid off.

Adjust tin foil hat...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, when Paul Ryan speaks these days, I make sure I don't hear a single word he says. I don't trust him, I don't like him, and I don't want to hear his bullshit. I know I am not alone in this respect.

Preach it.

He has a smarmy, cringeworthiness about him, like a crooked televangelist meets a politician that thinks he's smarter than everyone else meets an Amway sales rep crossed with a Cutco sales guy hawking Slap Chops in a fancy suit, all paid for by us, even.

So many nopes. I begrudgingly respect that he's managed to say this long after his behavior in last couple of years in particular. The enemy within. Frenemies, their called.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
My first thought was... inside job.

Agent paid off.

Adjust tin foil hat...

Yep. Agent could very easily have been paid, extorted, or recruited.

Encrypted drive is no good without password, which agent could obviously provide.

It's not as if the Left hasn't been begging someone to assassinate Trump.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Preach it.

He has a smarmy, cringeworthiness about him, like a crooked televangelist meets a politician that thinks he's smarter than everyone else meets an Amway sales rep crossed with a Cutco sales guy hawking Slap Chops in a fancy suit, all paid for by us, even.

So many nopes. I begrudgingly respect that he's managed to say this long after his behavior in last couple of years in particular. The enemy within. Frenemies, their called.

Trump Care will keep all the new cost drivers on the insurance companies like no denial for pre-existing conditions, but remove the supports like taxes, subsidies, and the mandate. I'm no fan of the insurance companies, but this will accelerate the the death spiral to warp speed.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Perhaps we should actually be thanking her for helping ol' Hillary get the nomination...
Wouldn't have mattered one bit if this nitwit was in the picture or not, Hilz was the anointed nominee for the DEM party, and nothing would have changed that outcome. That's just how corrupt and crooked the Dem party is.

And this buffoon is nothing more than what I expect of a Dem supporter. Stupidity and dishonesty are the only attributes this woman has.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The absolute state of denial of these cockroaches is simply mind boggling. We are truly battling a toxic, festering blob of elitist simpletons who genuinely are an enemy of the truth.

The article is much longer, but I was loathed to even post this much from that cesspool of a site.

POLITICS 03/18/2017 05:50 pm ET | Updated 1 hour ago

George W. Bush Gave Us Donald Trump. Now He Wants To Be Forgiven.
But Americans shouldn’t forget so easily.
By Ryan Grim , Alexander Zaitchik

We’ve all seen the picture. It’s the opening of the National Museum of African-American History and Culture, and George W. Bush is sharing a brief snuggle with Michelle Obama. The first lady, maternal and forgiving, has both arms around the former president, who looks like he wants a tummy rub.

When the hug went viral last September, it triggered a once-unimaginable bipartisan “Awww!” that echoed throughout social and established media. Dubbed “The Embrace Seen Around the World” by The New York Times, the photo seemed to hold the power of magic, or at least the power of the most adorable cat video: It cast a spell accelerating a general public softening toward a man once widely scorned as a historic failure, dismissed by many on the left as a blood-spattered buffoon who belonged in a cell at The Hague.

Humans are nostalgic by nature, and history is full of once-reviled public figures who enjoyed later reassessments. But where reputational rehab used to take a generation or two, Bush is trying to loosen the clutches of market-fresh infamy.

If he succeeds, he will have his own presidency to thank. The immediate context for the “normalizing” of George W. Bush is the rise of Donald Trump. But Bush’s policies created the conditions that brought Trump to power, and only in the wake of his own trademarked disasters does he look tame by comparison.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...e69ee4b0598c66989c6e

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
But Bush’s policies created the conditions that brought Trump to power

Buuuhhhh. Whut?

That's a yyyyuuuuge stretch . . . even for Hufpo.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
8 years sure do go by in a flash! Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Preach it.

And the asshole did nothing but carry water for obummer and co.

I truly hope he gets his ass handed to him as speaker. I.e. thrown the hell out of the job, and someone with at least a few moral guidelines replaces it/him.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
8 years sure do go by in a flash! Roll Eyes

Someone must've called these guys....

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Gorsuch hearing will be from Monday to Thursday

Monday: opening statements by the 20 senators on the committee. Then opening statement by Gorsuch.

Tuesday & Wednesday: Gorsuch testimony

Thursday: Testimony of witnesses

Grassley (R) to chair the committee

Members: Feinstein (D), Hatch (R), Leahy (D), Graham (R), Durbin (D), Cornyn (R), Whitehouse (D), Lee (R), Klobuchar (D), Cruz (R), Franken (D), Sasse (R), Coons (D), Flake (R), Blumenthal (D), Crapo (R), Hirono (D), Tillis (R), and Kennedy (R).

http://www.nationalreview.com/...ch-hearing-logistics

Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

My only response to this is that the agent who "lost" it should be summarily fired, if not prosecuted.

Reminds me of those incidents where federal agents had their guns stolen. Left them in an unguarded car.

I am thankfully not a USSS SA.

At my tiny li'l corner of the .gov, I'd actually be better off losing my gun than my laptop. Think 3-5 day suspension (probably after appeal to MSPB; management would seek something much uglier) versus removal.

Summary executions all 'round in my patch. Then look for the guilty.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post