SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, guys, let's move on, please.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I see a very simple solution

don't ban them from traveling here

just make sure they never get through ICE at the port of entry and are turned back

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My God, the report on Fox right now is saying that the White House intruder from last week was on the White House grounds for over 15 mins before being detected. That's insane. Many homeowners probably have systems that would detect an intruder faster than that. Imagine if this guy had intended to plant an explosive or something. Ridiculous. Was the Secret Service replaced with the TSA?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Secret Service Hunts for Stolen Laptop

Oy vey Roll Eyes

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Top. Men.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Secret Service has become the Keystone Cops
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Sx9Tovevx6w [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:

Oy vey Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

Wow. Pure incompetence if the stuff on that laptop is as sensitive as they're implying. I protect my wallet more assiduously than these so called professionals apparently treat national security.

Secret Service hunts for stolen laptop with Trump Tower floor plans
By Larry Celona and Chris Perez March 17, 2017 | 1:07pm | Updated

Cops are scrambling to find a laptop — containing the floor plans for Trump Tower, details about the Hillary Clinton email probe and a slew of other sensitive information that could compromise national security — that was swiped from a Secret Service agent’s motorcycle in Brooklyn, police sources said.

The portable computer was stolen from the bike Thursday morning as it sat in the driveway of the agent’s Bath Beach home, the sources told The Post.

Several coins and a black bag with the Secret Service insignia on it, which were later recovered, were also stolen, in addition to the laptop — along with other sensitive documents, sources said.

The thief showed up to the agent’s home in a separate car, walked right up to her motorcycle and took the items. He was then caught on video fleeing the scene.

The agent told investigators that the laptop held sensitive information about national security, the floor plans for Trump Tower, evacuation protocols and details about the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server.

While none of the info pertains to White House officials or foreign leaders, she said it could ultimately compromise national security.

The person who took the laptop also swiped the agent’s access keycard, sources said.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oy vey Roll Eyes

Why would information about the Hillary Clinton criminal email investigation be on a Secret Service laptop?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
If ordinary hackers can tap into conputers and steal information, you'd think that a security-conscious agency like the USSS would be able to wirelessly find the laptop and remotely send a signal that would wipe the device in case of theft like this.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Current headline on Foxnews.com:

Trump alludes to Obama wiretapping. Merkel saying 'we have something in common'

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes, from 3 years ago:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/ot...-leaders-f8C11462530

Report: US monitored the phone calls of 35 world leaders

The United States monitored the phone conversations of 35 world leaders according to classified documents leaked by fugitive whistleblower Edward Snowden

Phone numbers were passed on to the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) by an official in another government department

The revelations come a day after Germany demanded answers from Washington over allegations Chancellor Angela Merkel's phone was bugged, the worst spat between the two countries in a decade.

The White House did not deny the bugging, saying only it would not happen in future.

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oy vey Roll Eyes

My only response to this is that the agent who "lost" it should be summarily fired, if not prosecuted.

Reminds me of those incidents where federal agents had their guns stolen. Left them in an unguarded car.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The drives of those laptops are encrypted. What the thief has is a laptop, and that's all.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
3AM and your backpack is stolen from your motorcycle parked in your driveway.
We are not even talking about a locked car.
Who leaves their backpack with a computer in it on their motorcycle overnight?
Hmmmm....

Seems a bit too convenient.

Why would a Secret Service Agent put her department issued laptop and access key at such risk?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
.^^^^^

What I don't follow is how the Agent stored a backpack on a 2015 Bajaj?

Panniers would be ridiculous.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm putting on my tinfoil. The SS agent wished Hill..... Never mind.

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
3AM and your backpack is stolen from your motorcycle parked in your driveway.
We are not even talking about a locked car.
Who leaves their backpack with a computer in it on their motorcycle overnight?
Hmmmm....

Seems a bit too convenient.

Why would a Secret Service Agent put her department issued laptop and access key at such risk?

quote:
The thief drove up to Argentieri’s home around 8:40 a.m., walked right up to her Bajaj motorcycle and took the items. He was then caught on video fleeing the scene on foot, sources said.

What is strange is the possibility that she was getting ready to go to work. Which means that the thief had a very small window of time to work with.

The only other possibility is she left everything outside all night.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
That would be interesting to know.
Maybe she was getting ready to head to work.
I surely hope that is the case.

3 AM just seems like and odd time to be leaving for work.
8:40 AM
Hmmmm....
NY Daily News says 3AM.

Which news do you believe?
Everything seems to be false or mis-leading.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The laptop is encrypted, but it cannot be remotely wiped according to this article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new...ce-article-1.3001078

This looks like a pretty slick operation, and they must have known that it would be encrypted.

I agree with Elk, if she left it out all night she should be summarily fired.

SS does really look like Keystone Cops. 15 minutes on the White House grounds! That information alone will inspire terrorists.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

My only response to this is that the agent who "lost" it should be summarily fired, if not prosecuted.

Reminds me of those incidents where federal agents had their guns stolen. Left them in an unguarded car.

I am thankfully not a USSS SA.

At my tiny li'l corner of the .gov, I'd actually be better off losing my gun than my laptop. Think 3-5 day suspension (probably after appeal to MSPB; management would seek something much uglier) versus removal.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post