SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
these devices (stingrays / femtocells) ... I read, recently, that now there are apps that can detect the switch/interception and tell you (the user) that something is afoot
Can you provide any information about these apps?

Maybe don't drift this thread, but start a different one specifically about this? Or, if you prefer to keep it offline, I would appreciate information sent to the email address in my profile.

Sure, I'll see if I can dig up the links.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
According to this new policy, the FBI now obtains a search warrant before deploying a cell-site simulator, although the policy contains a number of potentially broad exceptions and we continue to have questions about how it is being implemented in practice. Furthermore, it remains unclear how other agencies within the Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security make use of cell-site simulators and what policies are in place to govern their use of that technology.

The exceptions include using the spying tools on people in public, meaning the FBI doesn't have to get a warrant to use them on anyone using their phone hanging out in a local park, walking their dog on the street, or doing anything else without the expectation of privacy they'd have at home.

Also, with respect to these devices (stingrays / femtocells), post 9/11 many State and Local departments have them, too, and they (State and Local) remain unaffected by whatever Federal rules may clamp down on their use, or not. and that still leaves thousands of the devices out there and potentially in use, with minimal to no Federal oversight.

I read, recently, that now there are apps that can detect the switch/interception and tell you (the user) that something is afoot, as the devices are just mini "towers" and by way of cellular infrastructure design all phones will always connect to the nearest "tower", so if you're nearby your phone *will* switch to it, so now, apparently, these apps just monitor the switch and can discern between a regular tower and a "tower" and notify you. Pretty interesting. It's like the back and forth between radar guns and detectors...

That isn't exactly true... It is MUCH more complicated than that.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a waste of time:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...halts-abortions.html

...and...

Inciting the natives Big Grin

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would really like to know the whole story from Comey. Doubt we ever will.

Why would anyone believe ANYTHING Comey has to say on any subject?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
I would really like to know the whole story from Comey. Doubt we ever will.

Why would anyone believe ANYTHING Comey has to say on any subject?

Well in this case, FISA surveillance of President Trump and his associates, so far as I know, Director Comedy hasn't said anything.

The original statement was attributed to an "unnamed senior official" who wasn't Director Comey. These same senior officials are saying Director Comedy wants a senior official at DOJ to repudiate the claim. The problem there is Director Comey is a senior official at DOJ, so why would he feel the need for someone else to make the statement? Particularly if the FBI had nothing to do with the FISA surveillance!

President Trump needs to demand to see the warrants (rejected one and approved on e), confer with White House and personal legal counsel, and if doing so doesn't derail an ongoing counter-intel op, make both public.

Them he needs to fire every political appointee and member of the SES. Make the career people step up and do the job of running the fed.gov, or fire them too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
this isn't exactly true... It is MUCH more complicated than that

Well don't be coy...

How so?

Smile

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
From what I can tell, it continues subsidies, keeps expanded Medicaid to states, doesn't seem to do anything about reducing healthcare costs...oh and by the way the House bill is called "American Health Care Act" AHCA....kinda like obamacare - ACA?

A simple repeal would take one page....

Why not just repeal the disaster and start fresh with some market based, simple reforms like allowing health insurance to be sold across state lines?

A "Republican welfare entitlement"? Really?!?

How will the conservative Republicans react? They're the ones who threatened to vote against anything less aggressive than the 2015 repeal bill, which this definitely is. Freedom Caucus chairman Mark Meadows said on Hannity last night that "we're making progress," but other early signs aren't good: Rep. Jim Jordan reportedly doesn't like it, a Republican Study Committee memo calls it a "Republican welfare entitlement," and Rep. Justin Amash tweeted that it was "Obamacare 2.0."

Will there be a Medicaid backlash?
That looked like a serious danger after four GOP senators from states that expanded Medicaid said they wouldn't support the changes they saw in an early draft. But they softened their tone after a meeting with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Monday night, Caitlin Owens reports. "It's moving in the right direction," said West Virginia's Shelley Moore Capito, one of the worried senators.
How many people would be covered?
Normally, the Congressional Budget Office would tell them that. But not this time — because the committees are plowing ahead without waiting for the cost and coverage estimates.
No Congressional Budget Office score?
Really? They're going to take a lot of heat from Democrats for that decision — Democrats are already accusing them of trying to hide the likely losses of coverage. The key, though, is how many Republicans are uncomfortable with it too. "That seems problematic." Sen. Bill Cassidy told Caitlin, adding: "I'm trying to be diplomatic."

Do they actually know how to pay for it?
Here's what House Republicans answer the "how will you pay for it" question in their FAQs: "We are still discussing details, but we are committed to repealing Obamacare and replacing it with fiscally responsible policies that restore the free market and protect taxpayers."

A bigger picture question is how long will the entire process of repeal and replace take?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...ppens-next-one-chart

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how much stock should be put in CBO scoring. The last go round for the ACA they rigged much of the CBO scoring anyway and used it as a tool to beat people over the head with it.

Y'all do remember that's where they came up with the "budget neutral" crap they pushed on us, no?

BTW Chellim1, your avatar is this big:

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
You are right about the CBO scoring. That's something they wouldn't have to worry about with a simple repeal.

How do I resize it?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
How do I resize it?

Maybe look at this thread:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...280068314#5280068314

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
How do I resize it?

Here you go:

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
Smile

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
As far as Clapper never seeing any warrants, remember when he lied to Congress and got caught, his out was "he misspoke". Don't trust a liar to tell the truth especially a professional liar.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Here's an interesting article on the fight between Obama and Trump. One thing he gets wrong is that Trump certainly did NOT pardon Hillary. And when this fight with Obama is over, I would bet anything that Hillary is next up.

https://pjmedia.com/richardfer...7/03/06/long-knives/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Trump is still winning Big Grin

Erik Wemple frets that the journalists tasked with covering Donald Trump’s White House are growing weary thanks to the “unsustainable” pace the president is setting — with long days, “ruined weekends,” and “unpredictable” moves.
From the Washington Post:

President Trump has attempted to undercut the U.S. media in a number of ways — by calling them the “enemy”; by denying coverage credentials to certain outlets during his campaign; by telling falsehoods and lying; by siccing his aides on reporters. As we close in on two months of the Trump White House, however, another strategy may be emerging: Outlast the media.

April D. Ryan, White House correspondent and Washington bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks, tells this blog that “this pace of covering this new president is unsustainable for the long haul.” That comment came amid a news-filled weekend that wasn’t supposed to be that way. According to a White House official quoted in The Post, Saturday was supposed to be a “down day, pretty quiet.” Someone forgot to tell Trump, who unleashed his now-famous string of tweets alleging involvement by former president Barack Obama in a Trump Tower wiretapping expedition.

All of a sudden, a down day for White House aides as well as for journalists became a tangle of tweets and phone calls and URLs. And this was a Saturday — a day when journalists could once unplug with minimal risk of missing a big story. “Nothing happens on Saturday,” wrote former Bloomberg staffer Dawn Kopecki in a widely read memo to colleagues. “We have very little readership and we’re often paying editors to kill time by surfing the Web.” That was 2015.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-j...-unsustainable-pace/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So the Washpost and NYTimes report FISA applications, the first denied and the second approved. But, National Security Director Clapper, who would know, denies it happened. Maybe the Washpost and NYTimes made it up. Pure "fake news". FBI Director Comey also states that there was no wire tapping by his agency. Its possible that both Clapper and Comey are lying, but it seems more likely, to me at least, the whoever leaked information to the Washpost and NYTimes altered the facts to make the story politically sympathetic to the bias of the newspapers,

Still leaves me wondering, what agency tapped the Flynn conversations and who (person/agency) leaked to the media? And was the wire tap conducted lawfully?

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its possible probable that both Clapper and Comey are lying,

FIFY

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I cant recall a single instance where Clapper ever told the truth

as for Comey, he's a demonstrable liar as well

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Did they actually quote Clappy and Combover? Because it would be illegal for either one of them to either confirm or deny any FISA application.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post