SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

I know their readership is falling, but some people still read it. Did they think that no one knows how to search their archives?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Trump airstrike kills former Gitmo detainee released in 2009.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...minstration-n2294812

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Trump airstrike kills former Gitmo detainee released in 2009.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...minstration-n2294812

British gave him £1 million for detention, wonder what kind of Jihad lottery his family hit this go around?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
"Footage appearing to show the impact of an agitated Donald Trump dressing down top aides Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus on Friday actually depicted fallout from the president directing his ire at White House counsel Don McGahn, according to three sources familiar with the tense meeting. …"

https://www.google.com/amp/www...d-lawyer-McGahn.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Or he's spread too thin now.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Judicial Watch once again doing the heavy lifting! Nice to see CNN get tangled up in this.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
gets even more creepy. FBI was going to fund Christopher Steele

http://www.politico.com/story/...trump-dossier-235728

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley is seeking records and information from a reported plan at the FBI to pay the former British intelligence officer behind a dossier of compromising but unsubstantiated information about President Donald Trump to continue his work.

In a letter from Grassley (R-Iowa) to FBI Director James Comey that the senator’s office made public Monday afternoon, Grassley called the plan, first reported in The Washington Post, “troubling” and posed a set of 12 questions to Comey.

According to the Post, the FBI had reached an agreement weeks before Election Day with former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele to continue his investigation into ties between Trump and the Russian government. Steele’s earlier work had been bankrolled by Trump’s political opponents

“The idea that the FBI and associates of the Clinton campaign would pay Mr. Steele to investigate the Republican nominee for President in the run-up to the election raises substantial questions about the FBI’s independence from politics, as well as the Obama administration’s use of law enforcement and intelligence agencies for political ends,” Grassley wrote. “It is additionally troubling that the FBI reportedly agreed to such an arrangement given that, in January of 2017, [former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper] issued a statement stating that ‘the [intelligence community] has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions.’”

The FBI never wound up paying Steele, the Post reported, and plans to fund his continued probing into Trump’s ties to the Russian government were shelved once the dossier was made public.

sounds like Steele was looking for a continued pay day.

ok, now think about this. Comey is looking at whether to recommend charges against Clinton. He told Congress he would not recommend charges on 7 July 2016.

The Democrats had taken over funding Christopher Steele by early June 2016. If Comey was ready to continue funding to Steele, how much of Steele's dossier was on Comey's mind when he decided not to prosecute Clinton?

Remember, an announcement of intent to indict Clinton would have almost certainly ruined her chances of winning right at July 2016. Was Comey thinking oh crap, if I take out Clinton, then this Steele dossier comes out after Donald Trump is elected. Just speculating.

I would really like to know the whole story from Comey. Doubt we ever will.

Senator Grassley letter to Comey:

http://www.grassley.senate.gov...0Pay%20Steele%29.pdf

some of Grassley's questions:

http://www.grassley.senate.gov...bama-admin%E2%80%99s

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Republicans released their version of obamacare repeal

http://energycommerce.house.go...canHealthCareAct.pdf

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Interesting that all the left talking heads are using terms like "President Obama never personally ordered/approved/etc..."

Hmm...

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Gonna wait until the gurus give it the once over before I really opine, but what I've heard so far doesn't sound good.

I don't know why the GOP accepts the premise of coverage of preexisting conditions. That then requires a mandate or some penalty for noncoverage.

Sounds like the GOP is doing what they do best: Big government just a little big smaller than the Democrats.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
so when is Trump going to do to the democrats what the democrats have been doing to him?

he needs to start going after them individually and take them down one at a time

the dems can't be lily white - they have to have laundry that can be used to suffocate them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Feels sometimes like it's all coming apart, doesn't it?

And that might be a good thing.

But it could get real ugly.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Good? Maybe.
Ugly? Probably.
Necessary? Absofuckinglutely.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Good? Maybe.
Ugly? Probably.
Necessary? Absofuckinglutely.

And it's going to be a great 8 years. We have just the man to do it. The current airing of Democrat nasty surprises will create an even greater desire to bring justice to America.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I would agree but there hasn't been anything remotely resembling justice in the country for the last 8 years

half the country has no concept of justice or truth

and probably half of the remaining are so apathetic they don't care

so at best 25% of the people that pay attention may or may not care about justice

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fVm2vySt6Q

Excellent Hannity show this evening with Mark Levin.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
From what I can tell, it continues subsidies, keeps expanded Medicaid to states, doesn't seem to do anything about reducing healthcare costs...oh and by the way the House bill is called "American Health Care Act" AHCA....kinda like obamacare - ACA?

quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Gonna wait until the gurus give it the once over before I really opine, but what I've heard so far doesn't sound good.

I don't know why the GOP accepts the premise of coverage of preexisting conditions. That then requires a mandate or some penalty for noncoverage.

Sounds like the GOP is doing what they do best: Big government just a little big smaller than the Democrats.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/radio...tizens-around-world/

Attorney Robert Barnes appeared on Monday’s Breitbart News Daily to talk about President Trump’s allegation that the Obama administration wiretapped him during the 2016 presidential campaign.

“So there have been competing stories, and on Sunday, they got even more complicated, as both Clapper and Comey denied any knowledge of any wiretapping presence,”

After playing a recording of former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper flatly denying the existence of any FISA court order relating to Trump Tower, Marlow asked, “Do we care what this guy says? He’s a known liar.”

“I think that is problematic about Clapper in particular. He’d be the least likely guy you would want to put up as a credible source for the administration,” Barnes replied. “But what he really also did at the same time was that he gutted the sort of defense that Obama could have had. Because here you have these stories that come out about intercepted calls, and Clapper goes on TV and says there’s actually no legal grounds for any intercepted calls to be taking place, at least not through the FISA authority, which is exactly what was being cited as the reason it was done.”

“Actually, Clapper’s answer raises even more questions. Either (a) Clapper’s lying, which is always possible, or (b) Clapper is being truthful, which means all these intercepted calls were done entirely illegally and off the books, or (c) it was done through the Department of Justice in some entirely different manner that would put Obama right in the middle of it,” he said. “In other words, if it wasn’t done as some sort of national security matter, but was simply done in some sort of disguised investigation that was a politically motivated means of monitoring your adversaries,” Barnes elaborated. “So he ended up opening more Pandora’s Box than he closed it.”

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
When you drain a swamp you might find all kinds of shit buried below the surface

Posts: 23426 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post