SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
I'd say it's more likely the Russians tapping Trump, rather than the former administration tapping him.

I'd take that bet. Obama has no morals. Only a drive to destroy everything his dad told him was bad. Yup, I'd say Obama ordered it.

I agree. Obama is the lowest of lifeform, afaic.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Trump has a plan with these tweets, they are not random and are done with a sense of purpose.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I believe the President but he needs to be able to prove his claim beyond any reasonable doubt

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107573 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the FBI to release their paper trail on this would be proof.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Quite honestly, go by the dem playbook. Evidence not required. I mean hell they do it all the time. Put the accusation out and see who trips.

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I believe he already has the proof.

Once again the President finds himself fighting 44's folks and his own party simultaneously. I'm grateful we elected a President who has the courage to fight for what is right.

He will fight on, and win.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd say it's more likely the Russians tapping Trump, rather than the former administration tapping him.

The Russians are tapping everybody, or at least trying to.

But I also have no doubt that the Obama administration has done what President Trump claims and even worse. There needs to be more done about it than just tweeting though. He certainly can't rely on the media.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/us...cts?CMP=share_btn_tw

Story was written Jan. 11, 2017

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
President Trump has been right on everything he's said and/or Tweeted about up to this point, so I have no reason to doubt what he says now is not 100% true.

All one has to do is look at Barry's proven track record of hacking and targeting those who oppose him to know where the truth lies.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

No. Getting a a FISA warrant is something the Russians couldn't have done, even if they wanted to.

The Heat Street story (see reference in my post, page 179)says the wiretapping was authorized via the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court. It took two tries to get the warrant. Having a FISA warrant request refused is very, very, very unusual. From 1979–2006, a total of 22,990 applications for warrants were made; only 5 were definitively rejected.

The reason is FISA uses a very difference standard than that used in pedestrian criminal cases because all FISA actions are intelligence operations, not criminal investigations (though a FISA intelligence operation can become a criminal investigation).

What concerns me is the FISA intelligence operation/surveillance of then candidate Trump started in the month BEFORE the election and continued months AFTER the election (and perhaps after the inauguration), and apparently was NOT revealed to President Trump by someone in the fed.gov.

Thus we have subordinate (probably politically appointed Obama holdovers) in the Executive Branch of the fed.gov engaged in an ongoing intelligence operation against the sitting President. That is utterly unacceptable.

I am willing to bet that President Trump was not made aware of this surveillance prior to the story blowing up on Breitbart. It would certainly explain his angry tweeting.

As the President, Mr. Trump has the Constitutional authority to demand the FISA court provide him a copy of application for the warrant. The Court has no grounds for refusing that request, because as President, he is the Chief Executive, responsible for everything done by the Executive Branch. It cannot be denied to him based on classification or any other grounds I can think of.

If I were the President and learned of this horseshit, my first action would be to demand the immediate resignation of EVERY political appointee and member of the Senior Executive Service, irrespective of where they worked. EVERY LAST DAMNED ONE. And he can do just that, since all of those people hold those positions at the President's discretion. Then I would look for all political appointees from the last five administrations who became General Service employees and I would reassign the lot to gardens spot like the US Embassies in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somlaia, Syria, and Yemen or the Consulates in Benghazi, Kandahar, Mosul, Peshawar, and Raqqua.

Every day I keep thinking we are finally going to see some stability start; every day I am proven wrong. We are continuing to fall through the Looking Glass.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Spot on.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I think this column by Andy McCarthy has not yet been cited above:

McCarthy: Sessions recuses himself---from what?

You need to read down a couple of paragraphs before he gets to pay dirt; then McCarthy reiterates what was in the Breitbart article. I posted this since McCarthy as a former Federal prosecutor is both credible and has inside information.

We don't know what's going to come from the President putting this out on Twitter. Actually, this whole thing is very scary, but Trump is responding to an unprecedented level or organized opposition led by Obama.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Here is the problem with Sessions recusing himself. It won't stop.

Racially charged federal case? Sessions is a bigot. Recuse yourself.

Trying to deport illegal immigrants? Sessions hates illegls and is a bigot. Recuse yourself.

By giving in he gave up. He cannot be a successful AG with this at his heels.

Epic fail. Just fire him now and appoint someone else. Get it over with. Weak. He is officially no value added. Dump him.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Obama the totalitarian was turning one government agency after another into strong arms of his regime. The wire tapping was nothing new and different, and the whole enterprise was predicated on the certainty that Hillary would be elected. So, it would all continue to go forward with no possibility of disclosure and consequences.

Then the unthinkable happened.

Our country has always prided itself on the "peaceful transition of power" following elections. We have never seen anything like the onslaught from multiple directions-- Democrats, MSM, Republicans, universities, black and Hispanic "leaders"-- that has followed Trump's election.

All these cockroaches are scared shitless and desperate.

I agree with sjtill. The whole thing is scary.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
All these cockroaches are scared shitless and desperate.

And I, like many of you, are cleaning our rifles. I say bring it. Quit pussyfooting around and bring it. I have an eight year old step daughter who WILL grow up in the America I remember. My time is done but I am young enough to want to make a difference. A difference she does not have to decide on.

President Trump and the republican leadership need to get on the ball. Full steam ahead, dam the Torpedo's.

What did General Patton say? "Wade into them, spill their blood, shoot them in the belly".

QUIT PLAYING BY THEIR RULES. Be proactive, not reactive. Defense never wins wars. And gentleman, this is war.

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Here's CNN's lead on this currently (shocking, I know) - "Trump falsely accuses Obama of wiretapping him"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/...tap-tweet/index.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Here is the problem with Sessions recusing himself. It won't stop.

Racially charged federal case? Sessions is a bigot. Recuse yourself.

Trying to deport illegal immigrants? Sessions hates illegls and is a bigot. Recuse yourself.

By giving in he gave up. He cannot be a successful AG with this at his heels.

Epic fail. Just fire him now and appoint someone else. Get it over with. Weak. He is officially no value added. Dump him.

Look, Sessions was a part of the Trump campaign for President. It's legitimate and probably appropriate for him to recuse himself from investigations into that realm. It adds legitimacy to the findings if they prove nothing.

The rest is just nonsense. Sessions is not going to recuse himself from all that you listed, and he's not going to recuse himself from any investigation into Obama's illegal activities concerning the Presidential campaign. Let's get real here. He's the AG and will be a darn good one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Here's CNN's lead on this currently (shocking, I know) - "Trump falsely accuses Obama of wiretapping him"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/04/...tap-tweet/index.html

Wow. Roll Eyes

Actually, the blatant bias, animus, and outright propaganda from CNN and the like is a bit shocking to me. It's just so in our faces.

All I gotta say is President Trump better start backing up his tweets because I'm simply fed up with the American hating subversives.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
What in the hell...

Beyond Obama, has another sitting President ever called for surveillance on a candidate, in general - much less with the FISA courts? That seems, well, crazy - especially if the allegations had no basis in reality.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
What in the hell...

Beyond Obama, has another sitting President ever called for surveillance on a candidate, in general - much less with the FISA courts? That seems, well, crazy - especially if the allegations had no basis in reality.

And furthermore have that surveillance continue even after the man was elected President.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)