SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
Precision-guided lawn dart I bet.

Reduced collateral damage... Effing sweet.

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

It's a freaking miracle we got OBL under that twatwaffle, glad to hear things are changing!

Yeah, president sparklemuffin drug his feet and only grudgingly allowed the raid (after denying who knows how many others), then wouldnt shut up about how "he got OBL." . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's been a day and the supposed Sessions controversy is already collapsing.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the end of this scene from Dazed and Confused:

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by porterdog:
Precision-guided lawn dart I bet.

Reduced collateral damage... Effing sweet.

Apparently it is something from Desert Storm 2 when Saddam's troops put AA batteries and other military targets next to schools and hospitals. Our response: empty bomb or missile of stuff that goes boom and fill it with concrete.......laser guided kinetic damage projectile aka Big Freaking Lawn Darts.

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

It's a freaking miracle we got OBL under that twatwaffle, glad to hear things are changing!

Yeah, president sparklemuffin drug his feet and only grudgingly allowed the raid (after denying who knows how many others), then wouldnt shut up about how "he got OBL." . .

From what I have read, Jarrett was completely against the raid and it took the entire NSC and Cabinet to get Obummer to authorize the mission.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://hotair.com/archives/201...one-strike-in-syria/

A few interesting things in this report

Al Qaeda #2 in command killed by drone strike in Syria

The report claims the strike was a non-explosive projectile that went through the roof of the car. Video of car at bottom of the link.

Kinetic projectile by drone ? sounds odd.

President Trump has given Mattis a faster approval cycle for strikes and more authority to attack when the opportunity presents.

"President Donald Trump has signaled that he wants his defense secretary, retired Marine Gen. Jim Mattis, to have a freer hand to launch time-sensitive missions quickly, ending what U.S. officials say could be a long approval process under President Barack Obama that critics claimed stalled some missions by hours or days."

Least, rocks thrown off the moon. Best, "Ronnie Raygun" has a legacy.

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

The report claims the strike was a non-explosive projectile that went through the roof of the car. Video of car at bottom of the link.

President Trump has given Mattis a faster approval cycle for strikes and more authority to attack when the opportunity presents.

"President Donald Trump has signaled that he wants his defense secretary, retired Marine Gen. Jim Mattis, to have a freer hand to launch time-sensitive missions quickly, ending what U.S. officials say could be a long approval process under President Barack Obama that critics claimed stalled some missions by hours or days."

If you guys need the translation from that video I got it right here.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.weeklystandard.com/...ment/article/2007085

quote:
Did the Obama Administration Try Stacking the Deck Against Trump at the Justice Department?

Amid Thursday’s over-hyped brouhaha about Jeff Sessions meeting with the Russian ambassador, a curious detail emerged. In Sessions's recusal memo, it was explained who at the Justice Department would be handling any investigations into the Trump campaign's alleged ties to Russia. "Consistent with the succession order for the Department of Justice, Acting Deputy Attorney General and U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia Dana Boente shall act as and perform the functions of the Attorney General with respect to any matters from which I have recused myself to the extent they exist," reads Sessions's official statement on the matter.

Except that if the Obama administration had its way, Dana Boente wasn't supposed be the U.S. attorney to handle these matters in the event that Sessions recused himself. On February 10, USA Today reported the following:

quote:
Seven days before he left office, President Obama changed the order of succession without explanation to remove Boente from the list. Obama's order had listed U.S. attorneys in the District of Columbia, the Northern District of Illinois and the Central District of California.

That seems like awfully suspicious behavior. In fact the USA Today story noted this is pegged to the news that Trump quietly signed an executive order restoring Boente to the line of succession. The Obama administration chicanery was likely brought to White House's attention after Obama holdover and acting Attorney General Sally Yates tried to usurp the powers of the president and countermand his immigration executive order, actions for which she was summarily fired.

Why would the Obama administration make this eleventh-hour change to the line of succession at the Justice Department? "At the time, I was told it was done in consultation with Trump transition," Gregory Korte, the USA Today reporter who wrote the story quoted above, told me Thursday. "Looking back, that's clearly not the case."

In fact, it seems like it was quite obviously not the case. The man Obama placed at the head of the line of succession is D.C.'s U.S. Attorney Channing Phillips, who is quite cozy with President Obama and his attorney general, Eric Holder. He is a former senior adviser to Holder, and he stayed on to work under Obama's next AG Loretta Lynch before Obama appointed Phillips D.C.'s U.S. attorney in 2015. But Phillips goes way back with Holder—Holder first hired Philips in the D.C. U.S. Attorney's Office in 1994. It's also safe to say that the AG offices in the Northern District of Illinois and the Central District of California are not hotbeds of Trump supporters.

It looks like the Obama administration was hoping that the reins of power here would unknowingly default to someone unfriendly to Trump in the event Sessions was forced to recuse himself—or even resign, as so many Democrats breathlessly demanded Thursday. (It's worth noting that Sessions's claims that he was already considering recusing himself from the Russia investigations because of his role on the campaign seem pretty sincere. Reuters reported last Sunday that the White House was considering the need for Sessions's recusal long before the teacup tempest about Sessions failing to disclose minor encounters with the Russian ambassador.)

This might seem far-fetched, except to say that the leak-coordinated campaign by former Obama officials to undermine Trump seems to be very real, per the reporting of Lee Smith. Indeed, the New York Times reported Thursday, "In the Obama administration's last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump and Russians — across the government."

It's not inconceivable that the pandemonium of an incoming Trump administration might have meant they would overlook a little-noticed change. Sessions could have recused himself thinking the old line of succession was intact, only to have Phillips appoint a rabid special prosecutor to go after the Trump administration on Russia the next day before the Trump administration could undo things. As soon as it was evident Boentes was going to be handling any Russian investigations, Schumer called on him to appoint a special prosecutor.

Posts: 589 | Location: Alexandria, LA | Registered: April 09, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
don't want to go too far on thread drift, but here is another article speculating on what may have happened with the drone attack.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-wa...kill-al-qaedas-2-man

Abu al-Khayr al-Masri was a son-in-law of Osama bin Laden

Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
That's no lawn dart, clearly it was a 10mm Big Grin

Trump seems to be the type of boss to the generals that says "call me if you need me" and " don't embarrass me". Obama was clearly a sack of shit that had no trust for military leaders, didn't know the job yet micromanaged them. Thank God for Trump. As stated before, now we have hope and change.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
On a more positive note, I got these in the mail today. Is Commemorative Inauguration Invitation. Any one else get them today?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That invitation arrived a little late, didn't it?

Pretty cool though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We got ours yesterday. My little boy thought that was cool so he wrote him a letter thanking him for it.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/video...ok&utm_medium=social

Friday on his nationally syndicated radio show, conservative talker Rush Limbaugh argued there was a “silent coup” underway against President Donald Trump.

Limbaugh accused former President Barack Obama of putting it in place before leaving office and said that it is currently being executed. He pointed to the ginned-up controversy of Attorney General Jeff Sessions associations with the Russian government and U.S. Senate Democrats slow-walking Trump’s cabinet appointees.

“I’m not taking anything away from what I said yesterday,” he said. “I’m adding to it. We’re watching a silent coup that was put in place by Obama and the Democrats during the transition and before and after the election.”

“I think what is happening here is a full-fledged effort here to deny Trump the actual control of governing and the government by leaving so many Obama career people appointed, by going so slowly on confirming Trump’s cabinet appointees and other lesser bureaucratic position that remain open and haven’t been filled,” Limbaugh said later in the segment. “And that’s why it appears the Democrats are still running the show.”

Limbaugh went to add if you wanted to know the real saboteurs are, then look for a link between Obama and the Russian government.

“I’m telling you — if you want to find out who is really working together to sabotage the United States, you find the link between Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin, and the Russian government. That’s the story.”

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Breakfast interlude....cause I could care less about the headlines Wink Need to focus on the finer things in life...

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:

Splat!

The older gentleman in the gray beard was calling dibbs on the CD player (in so many words).

Hmmmm, doesn't look like it was raining.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump has accused Obama of wire tapping his phones at Trump Tower on Twitter
The president tweeted that Obama had been spying on him in October
He claims the phones in Trump Tower were 'tapped' before his election victory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...-tapping-phones.html

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Secretary Zinke's build...

where do I get it. I must have it.

It was made by a company out of Wisconsin, Reaper Tactical. It went out of business late last year.

The pew pew pew lower is still available, I think. https://aeroprecisionusa.com/a...ipped-lower-pew.html

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Breakfast interlude....cause I could care less about the headlines Wink Need to focus on the finer things in life...

That looks great. Can't wait for camping season as my cast iron is in our camper

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post