SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
On a lighter note, the award for best entry by a cabinet officer goes to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke:

Secretary of the Interior rides a horse in to his first day at work

This is just so freakin' cool. Why aren't the media writing about this? Oh yeah.
That's awesome!
I wonder if he has an assigned parking place at work. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Secretary Zinke's build...

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

[QUOTE] In possible response to Trump, EU parliament calls to end visa-free travel for US citizens

I don't think a country like France who has already seen a large drop in tourism will be very happy with the EU if they do that. It may even help candidates like Le Pen even more who despise the EU and force more countries to leave the communist European Union.

And funny that they only have a problem now with Trump as President. Did y'all know about The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) that international foreign travelers have to apply for and pay for in order to travel to the US under the Visa Waiver Program? Yeah, it started around 2010...Under the Obama administration. But now that Trump is President, all these things are racist and xenophobic. Roll Eyes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...Travel_Authorization

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Crude and profane remark by Cedric Richmond (chairman of Congressional Black Caucus)

http://www.powerlineblog.com/a...essman-not-funny.php

video at link

he disparaged Kellyanne Conway with a vile sexual innuendo at the Washington Press Club Foundation Wednesday night

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Give good jobs to young people or they will join ISIS and kill you.

It's difficult to believe that this guy is really this stupid and arrogant to say such a thing.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

He was referring to Canada’s decision to lift all remaining visa requirements for EU citizens by the end of the year.

[/QUOTE]

Cool! Does this mean we in the northern states get a great, great wall as well? That would be cool!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
On a lighter note, the award for best entry by a cabinet officer goes to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke:

Secretary of the Interior rides a horse in to his first day at work

This is just so freakin' cool. Why aren't the media writing about this? Oh yeah.

And, his first act on his first day was to repeal the ban on lead shot/ammo/sinkers on federal land.

http://www.greatfallstribune.c...-lead-ammo/98665964/

I'm pretty happy that he is there, but I'm a little concerned about who his replacement in the House is going to be.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I'm pretty happy that he is there, but I'm a little concerned about who his replacement in the House is going to be.
Meaning, you're actually worried about 4 to 8 years from now?

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

I think he means Zinke. The vote to replace him in Congress is in a couple of months

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
Secretary Zinke's build...

where do I get it. I must have it.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Trump has a speech to congress, hits it out of the park, America says halleluiah, and the media wants to deflect from talking about that (and there is so much positive for the country that could be reported) and brings up more of this Russian nonsense. The enemy of the people is clearly defining itself - act accordingly.

I think that you've got it figured exactly right.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Id like to see Trump have a press conference with many appointees to address the "russian" bullshit and call it what it is, work stoppage by the D in order to further delay appointing the cabinet and stop any legislation from moving through congress on Tax reform and Obamacare repeal.

Flip the script...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Id like to see Trump have a press conference with many appointees to address the "russian" bullshit and call it what it is, work stoppage by the D in order to further delay appointing the cabinet and stop any legislation from moving through congress on Tax reform and Obamacare repeal.

Flip the script...

He has said that multiple times - his problem is RINOs in Congress who keep stabbing him (and the American people) in the back. The republicans are calling for investigations and going right along with the democrats. They are too stupid to be left alone with sharp objects.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

No. He's my representative and he had to resign his seat in the House to take his new job. There is going to be a special election to replace him and the candidates for that seat aren't all that impressive.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
So is the "Russians hacked _______________" anything more than the fact that Podesta got phished? They keep just saying things but I don't see any evidence that it's even true, besides the fact that "hacking" someone's political party campaign group is being conflated with "hacking the election".

Homeboy gave up his password. That's it.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
So is the "Russians hacked _______________" anything more than the fact that Podesta got phished? They keep just saying things but I don't see any evidence that it's even true, besides the fact that "hacking" someone's political party campaign group is being conflated with "hacking the election".

Homeboy gave up his password. That's it.

Not only that, but as far as I can tell, the Russians gave everything to Assange, who leaked the information. Yet when Manning (Chelsea. Bradley. Take your pick) leaked the D.O.D info to Wikileaks, Obama shortened his sentence.

Which is it?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
Yet when Manning (Chelsea. Bradley. Take your pick)
No, we're not picking. His name is Bradley Manning. Period.

I don't give a rat's ass about PC bullshit and I will not tolerate it in this forum.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Eight days after the 2016 presidential election, Douglas Schoen — President Bill Clinton’s past pollster and advisor — charged that former defense intelligence chief Michael Flynn was “dangerously pro-Russian” because he participated in the 10th anniversary celebration of RT, the Russian state-owned Television network formerly known as Russia Today.

Only a few weeks after Flynn resigned as President Donald Trump’s national security advisor, Attorney General Jeff Sessions faces resignation demands from congressional Democrats making similar charges based on two meetings he held in 2016 with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Sessions recused himself Thursday from official investigations of alleged Russian meddling in the U.S. election.

But the Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned that a host of liberal American political activists and journalists have much more than occasional meetings with RT. Many of them in fact draw regular paychecks from Russian President Vladimir Putin’s flagship TV network.

It’s rarely reported in the U.S. news media, but many of the liberal activists and journalists who participate in RT programming openly bash the United States and defend Russia.

The American “star” at the Dec. 10, 2015, RT celebration was Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein. Speaking on a panel titled “Frenemies,” which challenged the view that Russia was an “enemy state,” Stein condemned “this very simplistic defense of who is our friend and who is our enemy is counterproductive.”

RT also was the sole television sponsor of the Green Party event that chose Stein as the party’s 2016 standard-bearer.

Besides Stein, other American participants included Max Blumenthal — son of Sid Blumenthal, who worked with 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. Legendary TV host and celebrity interviewer Larry King’s shows also broadcast on RT.

Max Blumenthal — a virulent opponent of Israel and U.S. foreign policy — charged Israeli leaders with “war crimes” and publicly praised the Iranian-backed terrorist outfit Hamas for its deadly attacks on Israel. Blumenthal praised RT for its coverage of Moscow’s role in Syria, telling conference participants, “I think RT was trying to do was to introduce an alternative narrative on the drive to war on Syria.”

Before Blumenthal spoke, an RT-produced video charged that “there are reports ISIS was trained by U.S. instructors in a secret base in Jordan to prepare to fight [Syrian President] Assad as ‘rebels.’” No one on the panel challenged the assertion.

Other Americans who spoke at the RT conference included two disaffected CIA analysts, the former mayor of Salt Lake City who opposed the war in Iraq, an American professor who opposed dropping atomic bombs on Japan to end World War II, and a Christian Science Monitor reporter who denounced Western “disinformation” campaigns against Putin.

Also speaking at the conference was WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who appeared via video from the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

RT may be seeking credibility and legitimacy by recruiting American hosts. A year ago, RT hired former MSNBC anchor Ed Schultz as a prime-time host, reporter and political analyst.

Tyrel Ventura, daughter of former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura (who also has a show on RT) and Sean Stone, son of left-wing filmmaker Oliver Stone, are co-hosts of RT’s “Watching the Hawks.”

Chris Hedges, a 15-year New York Times veteran reporter, hosts an RT show called “On Contact.” Hedges is highly critical of American foreign policy, even claiming ISIS is simply mimicking Israel’s founding fathers.

Thom Hartmann, a self-described “progressive” syndicate talk show host, heads up RT’s “The Big Picture” program.

Mike Papantonio served on the board of directors of Minnesota Democrat Sen. Al Franken’s short-lived talk radio network, “Air America.” Today, he hosts RT’s “America’s Lawyer.”

Huffington Post writer Matt Keiser hosts RT’s “Keiser Report,” which covers business.

King’s RT shows are “Larry King Now” and “Politicking with Larry King.” Both are broadcast by RT under a licensing agreement with ORA TV. Jesse Ventura’s ORA show “Off the Grid” is on the RT network too.

ORA TV is a venture is jointly owned by King and Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim — who also is a major shareholder of the New York Times.

King has effusively praised Putin, saying, “I had an affinity with him. You try to get that with a lot of guests, but I really had it with him … he has qualities that have nothing to do with politics … they change a room.”

John Dickey, CEO of ORA TV, defended his partnership with RT, saying it was a “good fit” with his company.

“There’s a fit or else we wouldn’t be doing business with them and they wouldn’t be doing business with us,” Dickey told TheDCNF.

But Dickey quickly pointed to the “hypocrisy” of other news outlets like the liberal Washington Post and New York Times. The two newspapers regularly publish supplements called “Russia Beyond The Headlines.” The supplements are written by the Russian state-owned media company Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

“Those papers publicly, objectively and verifiably take advertising dollars from Russia, and they run inserts which to the average reader could be confused as editorial content or of content those papers support,” Dickey said.

Neither the Post nor the Times have disclosed the income they derive from publishing the Russian supplements.
RT also broadcasts a program from Russian media outlet Sputnik, which is hosted by former British Member of Parliament George Galloway and his wife.

Galloway became a pariah in the United Kingdom when he defended Saddam Hussein and publicly praised the deceased Iraqi dictator in a meeting. The RT host was later accused of raking in millions of dollars from the United Nation’s “Oil for Peace” program, charges he denied.

The British Labor Party had enough of Galloway when he urged British troops in the Middle East to “defy orders” in a 2003 Abu Dhabi TV program. He was expelled by the party for “bringing the party into disrepute.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03...h-putins-russian-tv/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We're going to want to move on from this fucking nonsense very soon, guys. This is a non-story. Don't let these leftist whiners lead you around by the nose with their childish, ridiculous, hypocritical horse shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023