SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Did the Rep. disrespect Obama in his State of the Union address like the Dem. did tonight to Trump? I could never watch Obama, so I don't know.
Thanks,
Rod

It's always been that way, as long as I can remember. Dem. President speaks, Rep. congressmen and senators sit. Rep. President speaks, the Dems sit. There are few rare cases when some on the opposite side stood up, and tonight was no exception, but in general, it has always been that way.

Kinda. What has always happened is when talking policies, each side either stands or sits based on their political position. What has NOT happened is that when a regular American or as in this case the widow of an American hero is introduced BOTH sides ALWAYS stood and applauded.

The dems sitting on their hands in this case was unprecedented, rude and a perfect illustration of the democrat party of 2017.

I was trying to explain this to my girlfriend. This was not normal, normally the other side of isle stands if it's something they believe in or something that benefits their constituents, and all stand for things like lost soldiers. They didn't stand for medicine for the uninsurable or a veterans widow. Who can't support those things?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21122 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^. I know the Dems sat a Lo through the speech but I must have missed that part. Fuckers.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5797 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Did anybody notice (I couldn't tell) -- did the (D) Senator from my state, Bill Nelson, have the decency to stand and acknowledge the President's tribute to the fallen warrior?

EDIT: Is there a list anywhere of the names of those who refused to stand?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31423 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Did anybody notice (I couldn't tell) -- did the (D) Senator from my state, Bill Nelson, have the decency to stand and acknowledge the President's tribute to the fallen warrior?

EDIT: Is there a list anywhere of the names of those who refused to stand?

No list, but if you have very good eyes you can see at 2:45 into the video who's standing.

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/...widow-honored-trump/

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21122 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I loved the hand referencing to the Dem side of the room when he said the word 'disaster' in the phrase "I am calling on all Democrats and Republicans in Congress to work with us to save Americans from this imploding Obamacare disaster.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7400 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Where was Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg? Did she take a snooze and slide out of her chair onto the floor?

Justices Alito, Thomas and Ginsburg were not there. There has been some discussion about the court being present at what are seen as political shows, especially since You Know You took it on himself to criticize them to their faces.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Keepin' it classy, Dems! Here's a shot of the twitter account (now deleted) of a former Hillary staffer:

image ru

Posts: 6083 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That reminds me. Time to take out the trash.

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Keepin' it classy, Dems! Here's a shot of the twitter account (now deleted) of a former Hillary staffer:

image ru

The God Damned Commies are seldom accused of employing decency in their perpetual war on freedom and democracy.

Decency is not in their arsenal.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I tell ya, I'm concerned about Al Franken. Last night he looked like he hasn't had a good shit in decades.

Senator Franken, I have a suggestion. If this was good enough for Lewis&Clark and their Corps of Discovery, then it's good enough for you.
I'm amused at the name and I think it's most fitting for you:

Rush's Thunderbolts aka "Thunder Clappers" Eek

Soo, mega-dittoes right out your ass, Al!! Smile

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I loved the hand referencing to the Dem side of the room when he said the word 'disaster' in the phrase "I am calling on all Democrats and Republicans in Congress to work with us to save Americans from this imploding Obamacare disaster.

I missed that (glanced away at just the wrong moment), but my wife saw it and laughed out loud. She's not a political junkie (don't worry, she's definitely on our side), but she really enjoyed that 'hand reference'! Cool

Unfortunately I also missed the beginning as I couldn't get in front of the TV until 9:15 PM, and I missed the magic intro that I REALLY wanted to hear. You know, the phrase that I/we couldn't stomach for the last eight long painful years...."Mister Speaker, The President of the United States!" Big Grin

As such, I need to find a link to the whole speech so I can watch it again....Anyone got a good link they can post? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
I loved the hand referencing to the Dem side of the room.....
"The time for trivial fights is behind us..." [and gestures to the Demoshit side of the House] - Donald J. Trump, 28-FEB 2017

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
double post, but here are the DEMs sitting during the tribute to the fallen SEAL

editing to add:

after scanning the video of the speech, a number of the DEMs sitting down in the picture did stand and applaud at the beginning. They sat down earlier than the rest of the audience. Schumer initially stood, sat down, then when the applause kept going he got back up and several DEMs saw him and they got up too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That reminds me. Time to take out the trash.

My trashcan is named Dan Grilo.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My little worm sat. Of course he is safe in his little gerrymandered blob of blue district in the far corner.

http://www.fox13memphis.com/to...f-congress/498430310

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
nhracecraft,

Here ya go. Smile. It is one HELL of a speech. One part had me choked up.

I wasn't old enough to witness Reagan. I grew up with more or less lack luster presidents. This is incredible for me to witness.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/cH_231dBLGI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21225 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:

I missed that (glanced away at just the wrong moment), but my wife saw it and laughed out loud. She's not a political junkie (don't worry, she's definitely on our side), but she really enjoyed that 'hand reference'! Cool

Unfortunately I also missed the beginning as I couldn't get in front of the TV until 9:15 PM, and I missed the magic intro that I REALLY wanted to hear. You know, the phrase that I/we couldn't stomach for the last eight long painful years...."Mister Speaker, The President of the United States!" Big Grin

As such, I need to find a link to the whole speech so I can watch it again....Anyone got a good link they can post? Wink

There are dozens on youtube.

Here is one: http://fortune.com/2017/02/28/...ddress-watch-online/

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ryan was really sucking up to Pence, hope he gets on board the Trump train wholeheartedly.

Ryan is nothing more, or less, than a perfect example of the establishment clown. He says whatever he thinks will get him to where he wants to be, and will do anything to get there.

Look at all the water he carried for obummer and the dims.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

image ru

You have to remember that in the Dim's and their ally's view, a true hero is Caitlyn Jenner and Kaepernick, not a SEAL, a warrior and soldier of the United States who fell in battle defending our country.

On the topic of the left and rhinos demanding a special investigation in Chief Petty Officer William "Ryan" Owens' death, where were the calls for investigations into the deaths of 14 soldiers killed in 2016 during the last year of the Obama era? Where was Obama honoring these fallen heroes?

HONOR THE FALLEN

Posts: 4057 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shit, I wasn't paying attention and Karl Rove showed up on Fox News and I actually heard that half-wit propagandist speak several words before I could hit the mute button. Shit.

I don't believe a Goddamned thing that phony says and since 2012, I refuse to listen to him at all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023