SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the ouster of Flynn will ultimately turn out to be a blessing. Seems that maybe Trump and we got a better man in McMaster.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I'm just curious....was there ever an official decision on whether Trump was saying "bigly" or "big league"?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm just curious....was there ever an official decision on whether Trump was saying "bigly" or "big league"?

Big League.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/1...eague-linguists.html

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I wonder if the ouster of Flynn will ultimately turn out to be a blessing. Seems that maybe Trump and we got a better man in McMaster.

I agree. Flynn was the appointment about whom I was least enthused. I'm glad it didn't work out.

Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
McMaster is a badass.

google Battle of 73 Easting.

cliff notes version: young Army Captain in Gulf War 1; score: US 80 - Iraqis 0.

---------------------------------

Just watched..thanks! As a former Army Airborne Anti-tank Infantryman, this was fantastic, as is the appointment.

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Calls To Boycott Wegmans Backfire As Stores Sell Out Of Trump Wine

File this one under "boycotts that weren't": after calls to boycott the grocery store Wegmans because they sell wines from Trump Winery, the locations that actually sold the wine...sold out of it completely.

"As of late yesterday, we had sold out many varieties in our (Virginia) stores, and in some cases, all varieties," Jo Natale, vice president of media relations for Wegmans, told the Democrat & Chronicle Friday. "For example, our two Richmond stores had completely sold out. Other stores had inventory of some varieties."

A liquor store owner in Henrietta, N.Y., told the newspaper that he was also seeing increased demand: "Some people, sight-unseen, would just buy bottles of it."

Trump Winery is located in Charlottesville, Virginia, and is run by Eric Trump. Its wines have received several awards.

Good on Wegmans for not bowing to pressure like other retailers. Wegmans is still listed on the "Grab Your Wallet" boycott list, but clearly customers care more about the retailer than a single line of products sold at the location.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-trump-wine-n2288081

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Hah! Love it! The Chick-Fil-A effect strikes again!

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of henry claude lemoine
posted Hide Post
Some words of support from Rand Paul,nice.And,
some well deserved critique of John McShame.

Posts: 144 | Location: virginia | Registered: November 25, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
ICE Storm

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
While deporting illegals, remember to seizes all of their assets under the Federal forfeiture laws.

That way they can pay for their ride home.

Posts: 726 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 01, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am begining to wonder if flynn just wanted to stab obama in the eye one last time. He had to have known there were listeners, and leakers of such information. He certain had the knowledge base to provide a workable way to remove some of the presses pawns for the previous administration.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Big League.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/1...eague-linguists.html

Excellent. I still hear people making fun of Trump for saying "bigly" as it fits nicely into their "Trump is a stupid, boorish moron" narrative.

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Looks like President Trump was correct again.....I wonder if we'll hear from the media? Not holding my breath.

Rioting erupts in immigrant-dominated Swedish suburb

Riots erupted in a heavily immigrant Stockholm suburb Monday night, as masked looters set cars ablaze and threw rocks at cops, injuring one police officer, Swedish officials said.

The violence in Rinkeby began around 8 p.m., when officers arrested a suspect at an underground station on drug charges, The Local reported. A group soon gathered, hurling rocks and other objects at officers and prompting one cop to fire his gun “in a situation that demanded he use his firearm,” police spokesman Lars Bystrom said.

“But nobody has been found injured at the scene and we have checked the hospitals and there hasn’t been anyone with what could be gunshot wounds,” Bystrom added.

It came just days after President Trump was mocked during a Saturday campaign rally for mentioning Sweden alongside a list of European targets of terror. Trump later said his “You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden” remark was in response to a Fox News report on the country’s refugee crime crisis that aired on Friday evening.

“Sweden. They took in large numbers [of refugees],” Trump added at the Florida rally. “They’re having problems like they never thought possible.”

Sweden’s official Twitter account – which is operated by a different user each week – tweeted at Trump on Monday morning: “Hey Don, this is @Sweden speaking! It’s nice of you to care, really, but don’t fall for the hype. Facts: We’re OK!”

Hours later, the Rinkeby riots began, with a second wave starting around 10:30 p.m. Seven or eight cars were set on fire and many stores saw looting, The Local reported. A photographer from media outlet Dagens Nyheter said a group of 15 people beat him as he tried to document the chaos.

“I was hit with a lot of punches and kicks both to my body and my head. I have spent the night in hospital,” said the photographer, who was not named.

The rioting ended just after midnight.

No arrests were made; however, reports were filed on three violent acts, violence against a police officer, two assaults, vandalism and aggravated thefts, authorities said.

Rinkeby is the same area where an Australian "60 Minutes" crew was attacked by a group of men in April 2016. The film crew was attempting to enter a so-called “no go zone,” which authorities deny they use as a label. Rinkeby, however, has been officially classified as one of 15 “particularly vulnerable” areas across Sweden.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Prophets can't always get the dates right on their prophecies of events. But now that he's let it slip, we know that among Trump's other gifts is predicting the future. Big Grin

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
Looks like President Trump was correct again.....I wonder if we'll hear from the media? Not holding my breath.

Rioting erupts in immigrant-dominated Swedish suburb

Riots erupted in a heavily immigrant Stockholm suburb Monday night, as masked looters set cars ablaze and threw rocks at cops, injuring one police officer, Swedish officials said.

The violence in Rinkeby began around 8 p.m., when officers arrested a suspect at an underground station on drug charges, The Local reported. A group soon gathered, hurling rocks and other objects at officers and prompting one cop to fire his gun “in a situation that demanded he use his firearm,” police spokesman Lars Bystrom said.

“But nobody has been found injured at the scene and we have checked the hospitals and there hasn’t been anyone with what could be gunshot wounds,” Bystrom added.

It came just days after President Trump was mocked during a Saturday campaign rally for mentioning Sweden alongside a list of European targets of terror. Trump later said his “You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden” remark was in response to a Fox News report on the country’s refugee crime crisis that aired on Friday evening.

“Sweden. They took in large numbers [of refugees],” Trump added at the Florida rally. “They’re having problems like they never thought possible.”

Sweden’s official Twitter account – which is operated by a different user each week – tweeted at Trump on Monday morning: “Hey Don, this is @Sweden speaking! It’s nice of you to care, really, but don’t fall for the hype. Facts: We’re OK!”

Hours later, the Rinkeby riots began, with a second wave starting around 10:30 p.m. Seven or eight cars were set on fire and many stores saw looting, The Local reported. A photographer from media outlet Dagens Nyheter said a group of 15 people beat him as he tried to document the chaos.

“I was hit with a lot of punches and kicks both to my body and my head. I have spent the night in hospital,” said the photographer, who was not named.

The rioting ended just after midnight.

No arrests were made; however, reports were filed on three violent acts, violence against a police officer, two assaults, vandalism and aggravated thefts, authorities said.

Rinkeby is the same area where an Australian "60 Minutes" crew was attacked by a group of men in April 2016. The film crew was attempting to enter a so-called “no go zone,” which authorities deny they use as a label. Rinkeby, however, has been officially classified as one of 15 “particularly vulnerable” areas across Sweden.

Old Meme: Trump is stupid!
New Meme: Trump is psychic!

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Prophets can't always get the dates right on their prophecies of events. But now that he's let it slip, we know that among Trump's other gifts is predicting the future. Big Grin

I'd prefer that he follow the practice of Winston Churchill:

quote:
I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is much better policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Ivanka Trump perfume soars to number 1 bestseller on Amazon. Big Grin

http://heatst.com/biz/ivanka-t...on-despite-boycotts/

Ivanka Trump’s signature perfume is a best seller on retail giant Amazon.

Ivanka Trump Eau de Parfum Spray For Women ($34 for a 3.4-ounce bottle) was No. 1 on Amazon’s list of bestselling fragrances and perfume for at least the sixth consecutive day. One reviewer wrote: “I normally buy this at Nordstrom. But now that I heard they will not carry it anymore, I was happy to find it on Amazon.” (Radha Beauty Aromatherapy was at No. 2 on Amazon’s list.) The recent success of Ivanka Trump’s perfume on Amazon, particularly after her products were dropped from other stores, suggests the “resistance economy” to boycott products associated with the family of President Trump can help a brand as well as hurt it.

Nordstrom Inc. said earlier this month that its own widely reported decision to cut Ivanka Trump’s fashion brand from its lineup was also purely a business decision and not based on protests like the #GrabYourWallet campaign. The company said sales of Ivanka Trump footwear and apparel fell 32% last year. “Each year we cut about 10% and refresh our assortment with about the same amount,” the company told MarketWatch. President Trump tweeted in response: “My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person — always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!”

That commercial decision became a political issue when Trump’s senior adviser Kellyanne Conway urged people to buy Ivanka Trump products. Such a statement potentially violates federal ethics regulations that prohibit federal employees from making endorsements, Republican House Oversight Committee leader Jason Chaffetz said. Conway, appearing remotely for “Fox & Friends,” told viewers they should “go buy Ivanka stuff.” CNN later reported that Conway apologized to Trump for the remarks. (Fox News is owned by News Corp., the parent company of Dow Jones, which also owns MarketWatch.)

There has been a drip feed of stories about Trump products being dropped by major retailers. Also this month, Brian Hanover, a spokesman for Sears Holding Corp., which also owns Kmart, told Reuters news agency, that it was discontinuing 31 Trump Home brand products online. “As part of the company’s initiative to optimize its online product assortment, we constantly refine that assortment to focus on our most profitable items,” he said. “Amid that streamlining effort, 31 Trump Home items were among the items removed online this week.”. (Both Hanover and a spokesperson for Trump Home brand did not respond to request for comment.

Other department stores were under pressure to rethink their relationship with the Trump brand. Neiman Marcus, Macy’s Inc., T.J. Maxx, and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. are also on a list of retailers named by the online #GrabYourWallet campaign to boycott for carrying Trump family products. “Neiman Marcus has a very small Ivanka Trump precious jewelry business which is [composed] 100% of consigned merchandise,” a Neiman Marcus representative told MarketWatch earlier this month.

“Based on productivity, we continuously assess whether our brands are carried in stores, on our website, or both.”

Trump’s election as U.S. president also became a flashpoint for celebrities who backed out of his inauguration — and some companies, including L.L. Bean — particularly on social media. “It is due to the proliferation, speed and reach of social media that we perceive the resistance economy as a growing phenomenon in 2017,” Ryann Reynolds-McIlnay, assistant professor of merchandising management at Oregon State University College of Business in Corvallis, told MarketWatch. But she also said that, as with the recent jump in sales of Ivanka Trump’s perfume, this politically-driven #GrabYourWallet campaigning can cut both ways.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Trump having to fight backstabbers in the intel community?

https://pjmedia.com/michaelwal...empire-strikes-back/

------------------------------

The Deep State Empire Strikes Back

by Michael Walsh

With the resignation of National Security Advisor Michael Flynn in the face of a howling media mob, the knives are now out not only for other administration officials, but for President Trump himself. Make no mistake about what's happening here: this is a rolling coup attempt, organized by elements of the intelligence community, particularly CIA and NSA, abetted by Obama-era holdovers in the understaffed Justice Department (Sally Yates, take a bow) and the lickspittles of the leftist media, all of whom have signed on with the "Resistance" in order to overturn the results of the November election.

Mike Flynn, a good man who saw the enemy clearly, and had the courage to name it, saw Russia not as an enemy but a geopolitical adversary with whom we could make common cause against Islam -- and who also vowed to shake up a complacent and malfeasant IC -- was its first scalp, and an object lesson to new CIA Director Mike Pompeo should he have any reformist notions. As for the media, having previously failed to take down Trump aides Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway, Flynn was the next best thing; their joy today is unbounded.

Is this what you thought you voted for in November? Is this how you thought American democracy worked? Is this the country you want to live in?

Welcome to the Deep State, the democracy-sapping embeds at the heart of our democracy who have not taken the expulsion of the Permanent Bipartisan Fusion Party lightly. They realize that the Trump administration poses a mortal threat to their hegemony, and so have enlisted an army of Democrats, some Republicans, the "neverTrumpumpkin" conservative die-hards, leftist thugs, Black Lives Matter and anybody else they can blackmail, browbeat or enlist. They mean business.

We've come to a pretty pass when Wikileaks now makes more sense than the New York Times, the Washington Post and other Democrat mouthpieces and house organs. Or when fugitive Julian Assange, holed up in London at the sufferance of the Ecuadorian government, appears to have more insight, integrity and curiosity than the entire Beltway media:

We're in the midst of a rapidly moving spy game here, adrift in the famous Wilderness of Mirrors, and with the major players switching -- or appearing to switch -- sides in a flash. The CIA has never forgiven Ronald Reagan for taking down the Soviets and spoiling its extremely cozy relationship with the KGB. The two agencies had long since worked out a modus vivendi, under which rules they both did their best to keep the Berlin Wall standing, Eastern Europe locked away, and the postwar status quo in operation; it was only when one side or the other broke protocol that civilians ever heard a thing about them, as when the KGB arrested American journalist Nick Daniloff for allegedly spying in Moscow in 1986:
Aug. 30 Nicholas S. Daniloff, correspondent for U.S. News & World Report, is detained in Moscow after being handed a package by a Soviet acquaintance containing two maps marked ''top secret.'' The arrest follows by one week the arrest in New York of Gennadi F. Zakharov, a Soviet employee of the United Nations, on charges of espionage.
Daniloff was eventually freed and left the Soviet Union at the end of September. You can read more about him here.

Ryan: When Trump Saw White House 'Being Misled' by Flynn, Resignation Requested
Now, up is down, black is white, and in is out. This is, of course, how you play the game, to keep everyone in a state of maximum confusion. So let's cut to Main Narrative, as retailed by the MSM, with timely encouragement from the CIA and Democrat operatives masquerading as journalists:

Trump is unfit to be president. Plus, Hillary is unbeatable, so give up already.
Oops -- Trump wins.
The Russians stole the election.
Trump is too cozy with the Russians.
Trump's people are too cozy with the Russians.
No wonder the Russians stole the election for Trump.
Flynn called the Russian ambassador -- and lied about it!
The coverup is always worse than the crime! Flynn must go!
Flynn's gone -- but here comes the ghost of Howard Baker --
"What did the president know and when did he know it?"
Trump is doomed.

Enter now the usual sycophants and deracinated old men, such as war hero John McCain, his lovely sidekick Lindsey Graham and various other useful idiots, adding their capon voices to the leftist choir: let freedom ring!

So what must Trump do now? First, complete his cabinet. Second, fire every fireable federal employee in the leak-prone agencies, including the Central Intelligence Agency. Third, start taking operational security seriously. Fourth, assume everything you say will leak to the media and be spun as malevolently as possible. Fifth, trust nobody.

Finally, fight back, with all the powers of the presidency. And take every friend you can get.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-immigrants-n2288762

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly immediately ordered the Director of ICE to "reallocate any and all resources that are currently used to advocate on behalf of illegal aliens to the new VOICE Office, and to immediately terminate the provision of such outreach or advocacy services to illegal aliens."

VOICE Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement

link to DHS Kelly memo:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/new...20immigration%20laws

what a difference an administration makes

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-immigrants-n2288762

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly immediately ordered the Director of ICE to "reallocate any and all resources that are currently used to advocate on behalf of illegal aliens to the new VOICE Office, and to immediately terminate the provision of such outreach or advocacy services to illegal aliens."

VOICE Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement

link to DHS Kelly memo:

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/new...20immigration%20laws

what a difference an administration makes

Yes--Yes--Yes!!!! The right people in the right jobs gets the ball rolling!!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post