SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Trump should appoint McLame Ambassador to GoFuckiIstan

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://hotair.com/archives/201...ts-complete-garbage/

White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus appeared on Fox News Sunday this morning with host Chris Wallace. Early in the interview, Priebus made some news when he said top intelligence officials had told him a New York Times story which accused the Trump campaign of being in contact with Russian officials was “inaccurate” and “grossly overstated.”

“The New York Times, last week, put out an article with no direct sources that said that the Trump campaign had constant contacts with Russian spies, basically treasonous type accusations,” Priebus said. “I can assure you, and I’ve been approved to say this, that the top levels of the intelligence community have assured me that that story is not only inaccurate, but it’s grossly overstated and it’s wrong and there’s nothing to it,” he continued. “If I can say that to the American people then what does it say about the story,” he said.

Wallace then tried to pin Priebus down saying, “You say that the intelligence community says that there were no contacts between anyone in the Trump campaign, any associated of Mr. Trump and anybody involved as a Russian agent as to the campaign and collusion in the campaign with Russia…is that what you’re saying?”

“Yeah, they told me…absolutely,” Priebus replied. “They have made it very clear that that story in the New York Times is complete garbage. And quite frankly they used different words than that,” he said.

Asked who told him this, Priebus said he hadn’t asked for clearance to use the person’s name. “But I will tell you this,” Priebus said, “when I say top level people, I mean top level people.”

Wallace tried to clarify a second time. “So no collusion whatsoever between anybody involved with Trump and anybody involved in Russia in the the 2016 campaign,” Wallace said. Priebus replied, No.”

If that is true, it is unfathomable why we don't hear it from the intel community. What is going on in our country ?

People are making all kinds of bizarre charges and the people "who know" remain in the shadows.

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...it's so disappointing to find "there's no there there" when so many forces of Darkness absolutely positively want to tell us otherwise.

I gather this entire avenue of deception & "false noose" is but anther attempt to hang DJT?

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The media is conjuring up anything to tarnish the first 100 days of DJT's presidency. The establishment is running scared too, President Trump means to drain the swamp.

Too bad they weren't so attentive when hrc was getting our guys killed in Benghazi.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
...President Trump means to drain the swamp.

He needs to start by plunging McLaim down that drain.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying the heck out of what Trump is doing.
So is most of America.
I never realized it was so fun to be deplorable.

One has to remember that all the stories and bylines from the media come from the east and west coasts.
They forget America is everything in between, and hence the reason they do not understand the Trump revolution.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Wow Floyd - fortunately I had a shot of tequila handy.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Dennis Miller just posted this, I got a quick laugh..

"All right, let's see...Liberals shooting themselves in foot with Fat Man and Little Boy and a rusty crossbow...so I'm going to say...uh...Trump wins again in 2020...Pence 2024 and 2028...and...uh...I'm going to say Ivanka in 2032 and 2036 and 2040 (she'll be so popular and so good at it they'll change the law) and then our best little buddy the Barron in 2044. Thanks Dems for handling the loss so well!"

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm watching a recorded video of Chris Wallace interrogating Reince Priebus. Following other things he has done recently, I have lost all respect for Wallace.

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of henry claude lemoine
posted Hide Post
This,I think, will make it very difficult if not impossible to find the person[s] that is leaking classified info.The NWO swamp monsters love their muck.

Posts: 144 | Location: virginia | Registered: November 25, 2011Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I'm watching a recorded video of Chris Wallace interrogating Reince Priebus. Following other things he has done recently, I have lost all respect for Wallace.

I just viewed the interview and looks like Chris thinks he is part of the fake news......seems he has a guilty feeling. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why the administration is not hitting the easy pitch right over the plate.

It is not President Trump who is threatening a free press by exercising his free speech in critcising the press.

Destroying freedom of the press involves much more effort and suppression than mere criticism of it - no matter how wilting. It would take something like the fairness doctrine. Or, it would take something like the government mandating that the market set aside time to keep afloat leftist speech that the public does not want like Air America and others.

Gore's uninteresting leftist television effort, for instance, finally gave us Al Jazeera - a bastion of free propaganda.

Just who opposes freedom of the press and freedom of speech? Is it one who uses government legislation and speech mandates or is it one who stands up and growls in opposition to what he sees as an often false and destructive press?

It's interesting that the press is now pushing themselves as a specially-protected class when their cubicles are overrun by the free speech of a determined, real-world President.

President Trump hasn't banned speech or closed any offices or jailed any editors as has been done in our history. Instead, he opposes their speech with his speech. Yea. That's dangerous. Pansies.

The cherished institution is freedom of the press (which today includes non-traditional media sources too) not protection of the old guard from criticism.

The press is in full vapors mode. It may portend the collapse of the distorted role the press arrogated to itself over the years as the people of the United States recommit themselves to free speech and a free press as our founders reiterated in the Bill of Rights.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
McCain needs to be removed from every committee he is on. He got elected senator by the people of AZ so fine, be their senator. But he should not have any of the power or perks (like going overseas to a meeting and trashing the president) that come with being a committee member. The only power he should have is his one vote on the floor of the senate.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
McCain needs to be removed from every committee he is on. He got elected senator by the people of AZ so fine, be their senator. But he should not have any of the power or perks (like going overseas to a meeting and trashing the president) that come with being a committee member. The only power he should have is his one vote on the floor of the senate.

Does anyone remember a time when it used to be "what happens in the borders (of the US), stays in the borders"?

It used to be where politicians would have a united front when they went abroad about the President and their policies, now it seems all the rage for politicians to go abroad and bash the US as a whole, including our last president.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Looks like companies are getting fed up with CA and the business climate. Get out before the wall goes up. Big Grin

Nestlé USA Moving HQ to 1812 North Moore in Rosslyn, VA

Company to invest $39.8 million and bring around 750 new jobs

Nestlé USA, a trusted leader in nutrition, health and wellness, will be moving their headquarters and calling Rosslyn home as early as 2017.

Nestlé’s U.S. operations consist of more than 120 locations in 47 states, employing over 51,000 people. Nestlé product sales in the U.S. topped $26 billion in 2015, making it the largest Nestlé market in the world.

The company was attracted by Rosslyn’s ability to help it recruit, retain and engage a talented workforce.

“Nestlé USA carefully considered a few locations and Arlington hits all the marks. The area offers appealing benefits for our current employees as well as a great talent pool for the future. This location allows us to be closer to our business operations, our customers and other important stakeholders,” said Paul Grimwood, Chairman and CEO of Nestlé USA. “Nestlé’s growth over the past 150 years has enabled us to improve millions of lives through the products and services we provide, employment opportunities, our supplier networks and the economic contributions we make here in the U.S.”

The news is a boon to the region with Nestlé projected to invest $39.8 million and bring roughly 750 new jobs. It will also result in 206,000 square feet of positive commercial real estate absorption in Rosslyn, which provides 23 percent of commercial tax revenues to Arlington County despite consisting of just .06 percent of its land mass.

For Rosslyn business leaders, the announcement validated efforts to facilitate the community’s ongoing evolution as an engaging, urban center.

“As the capitol region has scrambled to respond to challenging economic trends, the steady vision and conviction of Rosslyn’s business community, along with our Arlington County partners, have enabled us to continue our trajectory as one of the region’s most active and attractive urban centers,” said Mary-Claire Burick, President, Rosslyn Business Improvement District. “Currently, there are several billion dollars of investment and development in Rosslyn leveraging the advantages that attracted Nestlé to the neighborhood, including access, expanded retail options and world-class views.”

The announcement comes during an exciting period for the neighborhood, with Eastern Foundry and Grant Thornton Rosslyn offices opening and Central Place coming online later this year. You can read more about the news and its impact on the region in the Washington Post.

http://www.rosslynva.org/featu...rth-moore-in-rosslyn

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Big Grin

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don'tavi-ous L'emon walks off the set.

Triggered snowflake alert!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107489 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Wow, Donny didn't like being called out. Maybe the topic wasn't 'fake news'. But the vary topic sure could have been discussed during the previous administration.

Maybe the last guy should have stated that this was a slanted discussion instead.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post