SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
You've got to be proud of OUR President! Big Grin Cool Big Grin

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Trump is really pissed off about these leaks, and rightfully so, but I think I’d also be concerned about who was monitoring them. Do we have another Snowden at NSA?

I’d really be concerned if the calls were made from the Oval Office, which should be one of the most secure phone lines in the world. I’m sure the office is swept for bugs on a frequent basis but maybe it’s time to call in an independent company.

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean that they’re not out to get you. Wink

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
You have to suspect a mole or several in the holdover civil service staff.

Trump will face a significant problem from these guys who work for the government but are not on his side. Even after his cabinet gets in place, those sneaky immoral bastards in civil service will be trying to gum things up.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Trump will face a significant problem from these guys who work for the government but are not on his side. Even after his cabinet gets in place, those sneaky immoral bastards in civil service will be trying to gum things up.

Freakin' bolshies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Press conference was great! I had a good laugh a couple of times.

Now here's this. The Hag not turning over 33,000 emails and compromising national security - no biggie, but Scott Pruitt (EPA nominee) dragging his feet on 3,00, OMG!

Hopefully Pruitt gets confirmed tomorrow.

"An Oklahoma County District Court judge is holding a hearing on Thursday on whether President Donald Trump's nominee to lead the EPA violated a state transparency law.

The judge could order his office to turn over thousands of documents to a watchdog group.

The hearing is the latest turn in a lawsuit against Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt brought by the Center for Media and Democracy earlier this month. CMD charges Pruitt violated the Oklahoma Open Records Act for declining to make public official emails the group has requested since 2015.

CMD has sought correspondences between Pruitt's office and Koch Industries, other mining and drilling companies, and the Republican Attorneys General Association, which Pruitt chaired. As of Thursday's hearing, the office had turned over 411 of the more than 3,000 emails CMD requested, according to the group.

Among the emails CMD says it has not received is a correspondence featured prominently in a Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times story. The communication showed Pruitt's office signed a letter, drafted by lawyers for Devon Energy, that accused federal regulators of overstating the amount of pollution caused by new natural gas wells.

The Times article detailed Pruitt's leading role in an effort by Republican attorneys general to challenge Obama-era regulations in partnership with corporate interests.

Thursday's hearing before Judge Aletia Haynes Timmons of the District Court of Oklahoma County comes ahead of Pruitt's confirmation to lead the Environmental Protection Agency, which is expected to take place on Friday. Judge Timmons earlier granted an expedited hearing.

Democratic members of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works boycotted a vote to move forward Pruitt's confirmation and have since sought to stall a vote in the full chamber. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse has pointed to at least 52 outstanding Open Records Act requests directed to the Oklahoma attorney general's office as one reason for Democratic opposition.

The Republican-controlled Senate voted to end debate on Pruitt's nomination.

Since his nomination, Pruitt has attracted widespread condemnation from environmentalists and Democrats for suing the EPA multiple times and questioning the science behind climate change. His calls for states to take more control over energy industry regulation has drawn support among conservatives and corporate interests.

Link to CNBC

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Trump is really pissed off about these leaks, and rightfully so, but I think I’d also be concerned about who was monitoring them. Do we have another Snowden at NSA?

I’d really be concerned if the calls were made from the Oval Office, which should be one of the most secure phone lines in the world. I’m sure the office is swept for bugs on a frequent basis but maybe it’s time to call in an independent company.

The call was monitored because the person on the other end of the line was in Russia, or so they are telling us... That actually doesn't bother me all that much as I suspect that is normal.

That the contents of the call were released, however, is very troubling. And most probably a felony.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
best press briefing ever in my lifetime
and I 'do' recall paying some attention to Truman era radio news

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:

The call was monitored because the person on the other end of the line was in Russia, or so they are telling us... That actually doesn't bother me all that much as I suspect that is normal.

That the contents of the call were released, however, is very troubling. And most probably a felony.

I believe he was referring to the phone calls Trump made with world leaders from the Oval Office. Portions of the contents of those calls were leaked to media.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I don't know. Somehow, I can see a little of Harry Truman there.

I think I see a little resemblance there too. Big Grin

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I believe he was referring to the phone calls Trump made with world leaders from the Oval Office. Portions of the contents of those calls were leaked to media.

How could this happen? Is an agency outside of the WH monitoring the President's calls?

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:
You've got to be proud of OUR President! Big Grin Cool Big Grin

GGF

YES I'm extremely proud of our president!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Freakin' bolshies.

Anyone here old enough to remember the Cambridge Five?

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
Harward turns down Trump's national security adviser offer, sources say

President Trump's first choice to succeed the departed Michael Flynn as national security adviser has turned the job down due to family reasons, sources close to the situation told Fox News late Thursday.

One source told Fox that retired Navy Vice Admiral Robert Harward "really wanted" to do the job, but ultimately decided that he could not.

There was no immediate comment from the White House. Harward had been due to meet with Trump Thursday night.

At a news conference earlier Thursday, the president said he had "somebody that I think will be outstanding for the position" of national security adviser, but did not mention any names.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...fer-sources-say.html

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just happen to be spending my three minutes a day on CNN on this was announced. Some dumb bitch on there said Harvard said it was a "shit show" there and wanted no part of it.
All hearsay. He would not use such a phrase for public consumption.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
I just happen to be spending my three minutes a day on CNN when this was announced. Some dumb bitch on there said Harvard said it was a "shit show" there and wanted no part of it.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:...
Anyone here old enough to remember the Cambridge Five?...

No, but I remember the Rosenbergs spoken about in whispers and accompanied with spitting, utterances and words that I will not repeat for I detest the taste of soap.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Freakin' bolshies.

Link

I have read a couple of books written by Chapman Pincher about them. I find it interesting that Wikipedia doesn't mention his research nor do they mention Roger Hollis.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I remember the Keating Five Wink

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
I just happen to be spending my three minutes a day on CNN on this was announced. Some dumb bitch on there said Harvard said it was a "shit show" there and wanted no part of it.

Anything you say to a reporter must be considered eventually for public consumption.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I remember the Keating Five Wink

Savings and Loan?

At this rate, we could start a book club of 'famous' fives ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post