SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
He's giving a good statement before his press conference.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Trump is talking right now. I guess it's a press conference. He's laying it out pretty bluntly. He sounds a little teed off. Good. He's expressing my sentiments exactly.

The media probably has smoke coming out of their ears right now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump just said he will appeal the 9th circuit decision and issue a new order next week

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Trump just said he will appeal the 9th circuit decision and issue a new order next week

That's the right direction. That ridiculous ruling cannot be allowed to stand, but in the meantime a new order makes sense.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The media probably has smoke coming out of their ears right now.

... the liberal catalytic converters are in dire need of servicing ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not sure what the legal strategy is on this.

Why do both? The ruling on a rescinded EO isn't important.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Honest question...Does the ruling in any way--even on a rescinded EO--set a precedent?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, President Trump finally publicly called out the remnants of the Obama administration as the source of all the leaks and illegalities.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would have thought that he wants to get it right, make it right, no room for arguments and have that first EO justified?

But right on, the original EO is no longer of concern...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

Honest question...Does the ruling in any way--even on a rescinded EO--set a precedent?

Every reported decision of the Ninth Circuit is binding on the federal courts in the Ninth Circuit on the issue decided. The decisions may be cited as persuasive in other circuits as they may be, bu not binding on those courts. One of the most frequent situations for a Supreme Court taking a case is to resolve conflicts between circuits.

It is hard to imagine how and for what purpose this ruling might be cited in future cases.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump just pounding the media in his talk right now. Spot on.

Calling out the hatred in the CNN reporting. Calling them dishonest.

President Trump said it isn't "fake news" , it actually is "really fake news".

"The public doesn't believe you people any more"

"Hillary Clinton gave the Russians 20% of our uranium"

Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
President Rocky Big Grin

Link

This morning’s (February 16) Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll proves it – Donald Trump is President Rocky. Whether Apollo Creed, Thunderlips, Clubber Lang or Ivan Drago, in film after film Sylvester Stallone’s character, “The Italian Stallion” took an absolute pounding at the hands of his opponent only to emerge victorious in the end. Just when you thought, “That’s it. That’s the final blow, he’ll never recover from that,” Rocky found a way.

Donald Trump has had more “he’ll never survive that” moments in the past twenty months than most people can remember. From crude comments recorded years ago on a bus to attacks over the size of his hands, Trump has been taking body blow after body blow since announcing his candidacy. Yet he staggers to his corner, cut man patches him up and he answers the bell for the next round. The man is nothing if not resilient.

This morning Trump’s overall approval rating has popped up to 55 percent! With 38 percent “Strongly approving” of his job performance.

Though his presidency is not yet four weeks old, Trump has achieved this number amidst a constant media avalanche of negative coverage. Data included in the same poll shows that “Nearly half (48 percent) also believe most reporters are biased against the president. Only 12 percent think they are biased for Trump…”

What media those twelve percent are watching, reading or listening to is a mystery right up there with Stonehenge. Of the three opponents with whom Trump seems to do daily battle –Democrats, Republicans, media– (some would argue that numbers one and three are one-in-the-same) none has been more dogged, more ruthless and more unrelenting that the U.S. media.

The so-called mainstream media have consistently portrayed Trump’s immigration and visa overstay executive order as a “Muslim ban” or “Muslim travel ban.” Most also consistently neglect to mention it is a 90-day moratorium, not permanent restriction and that it only affects seven nations; 85 percent of the majority Muslim nations of the world are unaffected

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The President is taking the press to the wood shed and I am glad to see it.

Reporter: Can we assume there will be no response to these Russian provocations?

President Trump: I'm not going to tell you jack shit about how I intend to respond. Moreover, I'm not telling you jack shit about how I intend to deal with North Korea and Iran.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... don't meet with Trump, it's not good politics.
Nicely sums the problems ...

and ...ha; liked that!

"No, no, one question ... this room can't handle two ...

Kerry Packer

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That was a ball buster of a press conference.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's been anything like it before?

Kerry Packer

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Question: Will you meet with the Congressional Black Caucus ?

President Trump : Yes. Go set it up. By the way, I tried to meet w Elijah Cummings but he wouldn't meet w me. The lightweight Schumer probably told him not to.

(close to exact quote)_

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
I don't think there's been anything like it before?

Talk about breaking the mold.

This town ain't ever seen the likes of Trump before.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is hard to imagine how and for what purpose this ruling might be cited in future cases.

More to the point - if the original EO is rescinded, there ceases to be a case or controversy and without such, SCOTUS kind of loses jurisdiction. Unless he goes after the ruling through a request for an advisory opinion, but that wouldn't exactly be kosher.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
At todays press conference Chuck Schumer was called a light weight by President Trump!

The Trump train keeps rolling down the tracks!!

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post