SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

This is good.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheni:

This is good.

Indeed! Thanks for posting that.... great stuff!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7BoAY_m3x2I" width="560">

Riding in the Suburban?

Too cryptic, try your question again.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I thought the President rode in the Cadillac. I imagine it is a diversion tactic.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Riding in the Suburban?

They were going to use an M1A MBT but it is too hard on the asphalt roads.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Iran holds military exercise in defiance of US sanctions

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...ce-us-sanctions.html

In apparent defiance to the new sanctions imposed by President Donald Trump’s administration, Iran held a military exercise on Saturday to test its missile and radar systems.

The aim of the exercise was to “showcase the power of Iran’s revolution and to dismiss the sanctions,” Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards website said, according to Reuters.

During the exercise, a senior commander of Iran’s Revolution Guard said the country’s missiles will come down on the country’s enemies if they do wrong.

Gen. Amir Ali Haijazadeh said: “If the enemy does not walk the line, our missiles come down on them.”

Iranian state news agencies reported that home-made missile systems, radars, command and control centers, and cyber warfare systems would be tested in the drill.

The military exercise comes a day after the White House imposed sanctions on Tehran for a recent ballistic missile test.

AIRLINES IN IRAN: NO TICKETS FOR IRANIANS HOLDING US VISAS

Those targeted by the Treasury Department sanctions include Iranian, Lebanese, Emirati and Chinese individuals and firms involved in procuring ballistic missile technology for Iran. They are now prohibited from doing any business in the United States or with American citizens.

"The days of turning a blind eye to Iran's hostile and belligerent actions toward the United States and the world community are over," Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump's national security adviser, said in a statement.

Iran has one of the Middle East’s largest missile programs and held a similar exercise in December.

The government confirmed on Wednesday that it had test-fired a new ballistic missile on Sunday.

IRANIAN BABY WILL BE ALLOWED INTO US FOR EMERGENCY PROCEDURE

Gen. Hossein Dehghan was quoted by the semi-official Tasnim news agency as saying "the recent missile test is in line with our plans and we will not let any foreigner meddle with our defense issues." He did not say when the test was carried out or specify the type of missile, but said the test was not in violation of U.N. resolutions or the 2015 nuclear accord.

It was the first test since Trump entered the White House. On Tuesday, the new U.S. ambassador to the United nations, Nikki Haley, called the test “unacceptable.”

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I thought the President rode in the Cadillac. I imagine it is a diversion tactic.

That was in FL. Im no expert but driving an IED proof car down the highway is prolly not practical for all the states he'll be in. I imagine he is using other state offical vehicles on these short stops.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:

That was in FL. Im no expert but driving an IED proof car down the highway is prolly not practical for all the states he'll be in. I imagine he is using other state offical vehicles on these short stops.

"Practical" has nothing to do with Presidential security, heretofore anyway. The big black Caddy flies in a C130 if they want it anywhere, maybe several of them.

It may be that it is only a weekend, no official appearances, etc. so the SUV will do.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ah, very true jallen, i forgot about the c130 capabilities. Must have been a short stop and no real motocade need.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So I just saw on OAN, which was quoting a story from The Hill, that gun sales are down like 20% this month because of Trump.

[libtard]
Damn you, Trump! You job killing bastard! You lie about all your promises to support the 2nd Amendment! [/libtard]

Razz

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
The hate goes on.

http://www.breitbart.com/video...fight-streets-trump/

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
oat, you triggered me to look it up. yep

http://freebeacon.com/issues/g...-trump-takes-office/

The FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System, or NICS, processed 2,043,184 gun-related checks through January 2017, records released on Friday show.

That's more than 500,000 fewer checks than the record set the year before. It comes on the heels of a streak that saw 18-straight months of new monthly records, and two new yearly records as well.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
The hate goes on.

http://www.breitbart.com/video...fight-streets-trump/

He's an insignificant, blathering dolt. Still..... Roll Eyes

I just wonder in what context he is using the term "fight" in the streets. Peaceful rally? Sure. The bullshit at Berkley? Get ready for return fire the instant you pick up a rock if you're anywhere near my neighborhood...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The gun market will be a buyer's market for quite some time. In the years leading up to and through the Obama administration, record numbers of firearms, ammunition and magazines were produced.
In the lead-up to the election last November, Americans further hedged their bets.

And now, we are Fortress America. We could make the island of Guam spin like a quasar.

Gun prices are down, ammo prices are down, magazine prices are down.

Blue skies

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Blue skies

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The gun market will be a buyer's market for quite some time. In the years leading up to and through the Obama administration, record numbers of firearms, ammunition and magazines were produced.
In the lead-up to the election last November, Americans further hedged their bets.

And now, we are Fortress America. We could make the island of Guam spin like a quasar.

Gun prices are down, ammo prices are down, magazine prices are down.

Blue skies

When people fear that government will not care about their safety, they will secure the means to protect themselves.

President Trump is pro law enforcement and pro Second Amendment. The individual will not be denied the means of self-protection under a Trump administration.

In California, however, law enforcement is selectively available against criminals in many places and the legislature is trying to eliminate firearms.

Hence, we get facts like this at the end of 2016:

The Golden State had 298,161 background checks in December, second only to Kentucky, which averaged more than 300,000 checks each month in 2016, and consistently has the most checks of any other state, according to federal National Instant Criminal Background Check System data. LINK

New laws took effect in 2017 and people rushed to beat the change in California. I suspect that strong gun sales will persist because of the gun-banning philosophy of an errant controlling party.

Our legislature would like to turn all of California into Chicago. It is hard to understand how promoting lawlessness will aid our state. But that's what they are bent on doing.

People write off California but there is a strong conservative base and there are many in the middle who just barely lean left.

Given enough trouble, the conservative/libertarian backlash will rise, taking a big middle with them.

I have personally seen formerly anti-gun Democrats seek to get a firearm. Indeed, I'm providing a class for one next week. When a riot or criminal cuts loose, one's political affiliation matters not one wit.

Sales seem to be related to subjective feelings of safety, the possible loss of defense tools and the perceived availability of help.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read Judge Robart's TRO and was disappointed to see that he left out Rebecca Goyette's (the NY Fuck You artist) irreparable harm in running out of "Fuck You" regarding her artistry.

I think that's a fatal defect of the TRO. Pity that she is not a resident of Washington or Minnesota.

https://www.facebook.com/rebecca.goyette.9

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
TRO? You guys frustrate the heck out of me sometimes with these abbreviations.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
TRO? You guys frustrate the heck out of me sometimes with these abbreviations.

Temporary Restraining Order.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.reuters.com/article...-order-idUSKBN15I29B

The Department of Defense and Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) announced on Friday an agreement worth about $8.5 billion for 90 F-35 jets, the lowest price to date for the Pentagon's most expensive program.

The deal for the tenth lot of the stealthy fighter aircraft brings the price per jet to below $95 million for the first time, compared to $102 million in the previous batch, a savings of $728 million.

This is more than the $600 million that U.S. President Donald Trump claimed on Monday he had been able to shave off from the F-35 program, which he had described as "out of control" in December.

Lockheed Martin said in a statement that "President Trump's personal involvement in the F-35 program accelerated the negotiations and sharpened our focus on driving down the price."

or maybe some economy of scale

The price per jet has been steadily declining as production ramps up, and defense analysts have said the discount hailed by Trump was in line with what had been flagged by Lockheed and Pentagon officials for months.

"The increase in the number of aircraft in this agreement enables us to reduce costs by taking advantage of economies of scale and production efficiencies," Lockheed said.