SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
We should never let this vile pseudo-intellectual forget this wonderful prediction:

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
We should never let this vile pseudo-intellectual forget this wonderful prediction:

Naturally being a (D) she had it exactly opposite of the truth.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:...

News link, please?

Given it occured on his (the OP's) duty station, I doubt it is a news item, and well may never make it beyond station scuttlebutt.

Yes, and coming from NavyShooter, I don't doubt his word without a so-called "news" link regarding an on-post situation.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
enlightening how the Australians are viewing the President Trump/Malcolm Turnbull phone call

shows once aqain how our media are feeding us BS

http://catallaxyfiles.com/2017...ng-out-in-australia/

“What does the Australian press have to say about this?”

But truly how stupid do you have to be to have made an arrangement with Obama after the election to send boat people from Nauru and Manus to the US? If Malcolm believed he was going to get points for having stood up to the US against Trump, as clueless as I have always thought him, he has plumbed levels of stupidity and political incompetence until now unimaginable.

For Malcolm apparently to have tried to push Trump, by telling him that as a fellow businessman that a deal is a deal, must rank as politically incompetent as anything I have ever seen. That Trump now thinks of Malcolm as a flea-weight no-account fool only means he has the same assessment of the PM as the rest of us.

1. 10 months out from US presidential election, Turnbull visits US. He meets Hillary and snubs Trump.

2. In the weeks leading up to US presidential election, Turnbull does a deal with a dead duck President.

3. Turnbull and Obama agree to not announce it (hide the deal) until the US presedential election is over. They both want Hillary to get up, and the deal would be excellent ammunition for Trump in a campaign dominated by illegal immigration.

4. Trump wins. Turnbull panics.

5. Turnbull has to call Greg Norman to find out how to get in touch with Trump.

6. Turnbull announces deal publicly 5 days later, and before he has spoken to Trump about it.

7. Trump understandably gives him a smack down on the phone.

8. Turnbull spins the phone call, and in desperation to announce something good in his otherwise failing Prime Ministership, announces the deal as done.

9. Trump is annoyed that Turnbull couldn’t keep quiet. Trump has been placed in a contradictory position that could damage him politically.

10. Trump gives Turnbull a smack down on Twitter, and leaks the phone call to return the favour.

The problem exists because of Turnbull, and Turnbull alone.

– At no point has Turnbulll invested in a personal relationship with Trump. Mostly because he exists in the same elitist bubble as people who predicted a thumping Hillary win.
– He did a sneaky deal with left wingers and helped hide it from voters in the US.
– He then tried to pump his own political fortunes up and didn’t care about the damage it might do to Trump.

Turnbull has to go. He is damaging the Liberal party and the nation.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The Trump administration could soon declare the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization, a move that would greatly restrict the controversial group’s global reach and would come despite its insistence that it has peaceful intentions.

Trump himself was often critical of President Obama’s outreach to the Muslim Brotherhood, and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has proposed a bill to call for declaring the Brotherhood a terror organization. In the past, it has been accused of supporting terrorist groups around the world, and several countries, including Muslim nations, have banned them.

If the U.S. declares the Brotherhood a terrorist organization, it would make it a criminal act for Americans to fund the group, ban banks from processing money for it, bar people with ties to the group from coming to the United States and make it easier to deport immigrants who have worked with the organization.

“It is time to call this enemy by its name and speak with clarity and moral authority,” Cruz said in a statement introducing the bill.

More at the link. Long read

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...st-organization.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
exchange between Kellyanne and Chelsea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...acts-defend-ban.html

Kellyanne Conway made a mistake Thursday when she said that Iraqi refugees in Bowling Green KY caused a massacre here in the U.S.

(The "refugees" were indeed terrorists and that caused Obama to ban Iraqi refugees for 6 months)

Chelsea Clinton tweeted:

'Very grateful no one seriously hurt in the Louvre attacks... or the (completely fake) Bowling Green Massacre. Please don't make up attacks'.

Kellyanne then tweeted:

"Bosnia lie a Great reminder. And 2 @ChelseaClinton & others, you can't "invent" quality candidates either. I misspoke, you lost the election"

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
The Trump administration could soon declare the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization, a move that would greatly restrict the controversial group’s global reach and would come despite its insistence that it has peaceful intentions.

Trump himself was often critical of President Obama’s outreach to the Muslim Brotherhood, and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has proposed a bill to call for declaring the Brotherhood a terror organization. In the past, it has been accused of supporting terrorist groups around the world, and several countries, including Muslim nations, have banned them.

If the U.S. declares the Brotherhood a terrorist organization, it would make it a criminal act for Americans to fund the group, ban banks from processing money for it, bar people with ties to the group from coming to the United States and make it easier to deport immigrants who have worked with the organization.

“It is time to call this enemy by its name and speak with clarity and moral authority,” Cruz said in a statement introducing the bill.

More at the link. Long read

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...st-organization.html

Hmm...that might put Keith Elison in a bit of a sticky wicket no?

Im getting hoarse from screaming YES!! at the top of my lungs for two weeks.

Im making do however.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Y'see, Barry, this is because before he became President, Donald Trump was a business man. You know- a real job? Yeah, I guess you don't at that. Roll Eyes

Correct, Barry don't know jobs.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Barry... jobs

I hear that he is developing a company that will arrange tours to Mecca. It is expected that for the first tour he will invite all the top leaders of the Dems. What a wonderful photo op! Just in time for the 2018 mid-terms!

I'm certain it will be a very successful enterprise. All Dems are invited to visit Mecca. The motto of the company appears to be, "See with your own eyes what the hoopla is all about. Tours to Mecca will get you there".

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
SEATTLE –  A federal judge in Seattle brought the Trump administration’s executive order on immigration to a halt nationwide Friday, issuing a temporary restraining order in U.S. District Court until further hearings can be held.
“The Constitution prevailed today,” Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson said after the ruling. “No one is above the law — not even the president.”

"This ruling shuts down the (president's) executive order immediately -- shuts it down -- so people can travel like they did before," Ferguson said. The hearing came about after the Attorneys General of Washington and Minnesota filed a lawsuit seeking to halt President Donald Trump’s Jan. 27 executive order restricting immigration to the United States from seven Muslim-majority countries. It also placed restrictions on refugees entering the country.

A reporter asked Ferguson if the ruling coming down on Friday afternoon could cause confusion.
"I'll tell you where there's been confusion - the President's executive order," Ferguson said. "That's what's caused confusion. I'm sorry, but there's no other way to put it - it's been Keystone Cops. It really is. That's not just me speaking, that's Republican members of Congress."

U.S. District Court Judge James L. Robart, a Seattle native who is an appointee of President George W. Bush, said the state of Washington proved that local economy and citizens have suffered irreparable harm and an injunction should be applied.
"What the judge ruled today is that the president's executive order does not apply -- does not apply," Ferguson said after the hearing.
"I'm sure the president won't like this decision, but it's his obligation to honor the law and I'll make sure he does," Ferguson told reporters.

Robart is no stranger to high-profile cases - he is also the federal judge in charge of overseeing the reform of the Seattle Police Department.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...rder-nationwide.html

Fuck....

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
How is it unconstitutional??

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
U.S. District Court Judge James L. Robart, a Seattle native who is an appointee of President George W. Bush, said the state of Washington proved that local economy and citizens have suffered irreparable harm and an injunction should be applied.

20, 30, 200 refugees or immigrants coming to America are turned away and won't be getting free stuff so its "irreparable harm." Delusional!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
In a few days, the judge's ruling will be overturned. It's a temporary and expected setback.

Constitutional scholars at law schools agree, the President's EO will, for the most part, survive scrutiny and be declared constitutional.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen the text of the ruling yet? I haven't been able to find it.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
This link has more.

Since when do non citizen immigrants have Constitutional Rights??

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-...ation-ban-nationwide

"Ferguson, a Democrat, filed the lawsuit three days after Trump signed the executive order. The suit argued that the travel ban targets Muslims and violates constitutional rights of immigrants and their families."

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
This link has more.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-...ation-ban-nationwide

"Ferguson, a Democrat, filed the lawsuit three days after Trump signed the executive order. The suit argued that the travel ban targets Muslims and violates constitutional rights of immigrants and their families."

There is still no sign of the actual ruling. All I am finding are the statements by the lawyers who say they won everything about everything.

Orders after rulings are subject to adjustment in language depending on how the ruling was issued. I spend a lot of time fixing language proposed by an opposing party after a ruling.

Usually, if a court issues a preliminary injunction, it will do so in writing unless the ruling was made on the fly at a hearing.

The administration's attorneys are issuing no comment. Until we see the actual language of the ruling, we can't know exactly what the ruling is or whether the victors are crowing an overstated result.

Given the latitude in the President's power under existing immigration and entry law, it's hard to see why the judge ruled as broadly as claimed.

The media and lawyers in the first ruling when the EO was first issued was overstated. It may be the same here. I haven't heard the victors say that the judge ruled unconstitutional the 1950's immigration statute under which the President acted.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
This link has more.

Since 1787. Constitutional rights apply to everyone in this country (apart from voting), not just citizens.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
?? The ban is on people who are not in the United States.

http://www.seattletimes.com/se...s-immigration-order/

U.S. District Judge James Robart ruled Friday afternoon in favor of Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson, who sued this week to invalidate key provisions of Trump’s executive order.

In an oral ruling, Robart granted Ferguson’s request for temporary restraining order “on a nationwide basis,” prohibiting federal employees from enforcing Trump’s order.

here is the filing of the Washington State AG that the judge ruled on:

https://www.documentcloud.org/...erguson-v-Trump.html

here is the filing in pdf format

https://assets.documentcloud.o...Ferguson-v-Trump.pdf

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Yeah, that's why I don't believe it's unconstitutional. President Trump was well within his rights under the law in my opinion.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Thanks, that is what I meant. I guess this judge wants to give more terrorists some time to get into the country fairly easily while they still can.

Posts: 9736 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post